Explore the Coast Program and Beach Wheelchair Grant Applications due April 8, 2019
MeWater Foundation participants in the surf
Explore the Coast Program Grant Applications
The State Coastal Conservancy announces the availability of grants to public agencies, tribes and nonprofit organizations for programs that facilitate and enhance the public’s opportunities to “Explore the Coast.” The purpose of this grant program is to help more people to explore California’s spectacular coast. Explore the Coast seeks to increase recreational, educational, or stewardship opportunities particularly for people and communities that may face challenges getting to or enjoying the coast.
This grant program seeks to fund projects that meet one or more of the following priorities:
- Provides a coastal experience for people that may face challenges getting to or enjoying the coast (such as lower-income people, people with disabilities, English as a Second Language (ESL) communities, students from Title 1 schools or others).
- Creates opportunities for people to visit the coast for the first time.
- Provides a valuable recreational, environmental, cultural, or historic learning experience.
- Increases stewardship of coastal resources.
Approximately $800,000 will be awarded in this grant round. There is no minimum grant amount; the anticipated maximum grant amount is $50,000.
Applications must be submitted by April 8, 2019. The application can be downloaded here. Complete applications should be submitted via email to email@example.com. We recommend potential applicants review this linked Sample Grant Terms document when considering applying for Explore the Coast Grants.
Questions about the application process and potential projects may be directed to:
- Karyn Gear, North Coast Program Manager (Del Norte to Coastal Marin), 510-286-4171 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Matt Gerhart, San Francisco Bay Area Program Manager (nine counties of Bay Area), 510-286-0317, email@example.com
- Trish Chapman, Central Coast Program Manager (Coastal San Mateo to Santa Barbara), 510-286-0749, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Megan Cooper, South Coast Program Manager (Ventura to San Diego), 510- 286-4172, email@example.com
Beach Wheelchair Grant Applications:
The State Coastal Conservancy also announces the availability of grants to public agencies, federally-recognized tribes, and certain nonprofit organizations for acquiring beach wheelchairs that will be provided free of charge for public use. The purpose of this grant program is to help more people explore California’s spectacular coast. Beach wheelchairs increase recreational opportunities for persons with disabilities, seniors, and others who have difficulty physically accessing the beach.
Approximately $100,000 will be awarded in this grant round. The anticipated minimum grant award is $5,000 and the maximum anticipated grant amount is $20,000.
Applications must be submitted by April 8, 2019. The application can be downloaded here. Complete applications should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions about the application process and potential projects may be directed to Amy Hutzel, Deputy Executive Officer, at 510-286-4180 or email@example.com.