Douglas Bosco (Public Member), Chairman
Gary A. Hernandez (Public Member), Vice Chairman
Jeremy M. Hallisey (Public Member)
Ann Notthoff (Public Member)
Mike Chrisman, Secretary for Resources; Karen Scarborough (Designated)
Meg Caldwell, Coastal Commission Chair; Susan Hansch (Designated)
Michael Genest, Director, Department of Finance; Fred Klass (Designated)
Senate Representatives Assembly Representatives
Wesley Chesbro (District 2) John Laird (District 27)
Sheila Kuehl (District 23) Fran Pavley (District 41)
Abel Maldonado (District 15) Loni Hancock (District 14)
Sam Schuchat, Executive Officer
Pat Peterson, Deputy Attorney General
LOCATION: Hearing Room 126
DATE: Thursday, March 2, 2006
TIME: 10:00 am
1. Roll Call
and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $700,000 to the
4. Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $357,500 towards acquisition by the City of Arcata of the approximately 175-acre Sunny Brae property southeast of the city, in Humboldt County.
5. Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $900,000 to Save Mount Diablo for the acquisition of an approximately 208-acre portion of the Mangini Ranch in Contra Costa County.
6. Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $500,000 to the Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District for the acquisition of the 238-acre Stevens Canyon Ranch, in Santa Clara County.
7. Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization: 1) to enter into agreements for a grant to the Conservancy of $451,230 by the California Department of Water Resources and to disburse up to $200,000 of additional Conservancy funds for developing and integrating the Watershed Management/Habitat Protection and Restoration and Flood Protection/Stormwater Management components of the Bay Area Integrated Regional Water Management Plan, and 2) to enter into a Memorandum of Understanding related to the Bay Area Water Forum and to receive and disburse funds donated by entities participating in the Forum for strategic planning and facilitation support.
8. Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $150,000 to Greenbelt Alliance to complete Phase I of the San Francisco Bay Area Upland Habitat Goals Report, under the direction of the Bay Area Open Space Council.
9. Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $171,300 to the City of Laguna Beach for the acquisition of the approximately 11.4-acre Decker/Bossard property for inclusion in the South Coast Wilderness system of parks and preserves in Orange County.
10. Consent Items
A. Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to amend the December 2005 resolution for the disbursement of funds for acquisition of a conservation easement on the Price Creek Ranch in Rio Dell, Humboldt County, in order to allow the Conservancy to use $30,000 from that authorization to purchase an option to acquire the conservation easement.
B. Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to amend the
Conservancy's December 2, 2004 authorization to allow disbursement of an
additional amount up to $245,000 for technical studies, planning, data
collection, and other analysis associated with planning the restoration and
enhancement of the Ballona
11. Executive Officer’s Report
a. Strategic Planning
b. Legislative Report
12. Deputy Attorney General’s Report
13. Board Member Comments
14. Public Comments
15. Possible closed session to confer with counsel regarding: possible legal action with respect to the blockage of legal access to the Conservancy’s Victorine Ranch property in Monterey County; and other pending litigation; and/or to consider the initiation of litigation. Session will be closed to the public pursuant to Government Code Section 11126(e).
N.B.: This Meeting Notice and Tentative Agenda may be found on the Internet at:
N.B.: Following or at any time during the meeting, the Conservancy may recess or adjourn to closed session to consider personnel matters, prices and terms of real estate transactions and possible and pending litigation. Session will be closed to the public pursuant to attorney‑client privilege and statutory authorization under Government Code Section 11126(a), (c) (7) and (e).
For more information, contact Dick Wayman at the Conservancy:
1330 Broadway, 11th Floor