Teleconference Meeting Notice
Douglas Bosco (Public Member), Chairman
Jeremy M. Hallisey (Public Member)
Marisa Moret (Public Member)
Ann Notthoff (Public Member)
Mike Chrisman, Secretary for Resources; Karen Scarborough (Designated)
Bonnie Neely, Coastal Commission Chair; Susan Hansch (Designated)
Michael Genest, Director, Department of Finance; Karen Finn (Designated)
Senate Representatives Sam Schuchat, Executive Officer
Abel Maldonado (District 15) Pat Peterson, Deputy Attorney General
Joseph Simitian (District 11) Elena Eger, Legal Counsel
Christine Kehoe (District 39)
DATE: Thursday, February 26, 2009
TIME: 10:00 am
State Coastal Conservancy Douglas Bosco, Attorney at Law
11th Floor Conference Room
Department of Finance
Redwood Conference Room*
(*The Redwood conference room is located in the basement of the building. Entrance to the conference room is the left of the lobby elevators down a half flight of stairs or the ramp that is there for disabled access.)
1. Roll Call
2. Approval of .
A. Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $26,000 to Orange County Coastkeeper to maintain the Conservancy’s public access easement at Portofino Cove in , Huntington Beach.
4. Executive Officer Report
a. OPC Update
b. Legislative Report
c. Climate Change Report
5. Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to augment the Conservancy’s December 4, 2008 authorization to disburse an additional amount of up to $960,000 in funds from the San Diego Association of Governments (SANDAG) to the San Elijo Lagoon Conservancy for conceptual designs, technical studies, environmental review, and permit applications for the , San Diego County.
6. Deputy Attorney General’s Report
7. Conservancy Member Comments
8. Public Comments from each teleconference location
9. Possible closed session to confer regarding: United States of America vs. 127.60 Acres of Land, more or less, situated in San Diego County, State of California; the County of San Diego; and Other Interested Parties, U.S. District Court, Southern District of California, Civil No. 06CV1670W NLS; and other pending litigation; and/or to consider the initiation of litigation. Session will be closed to the public pursuant to Government Code Section 11126 (e).
N.B.: This Meeting Notice and Tentative Agenda may be found at:
www.scc.ca.gov under public meeting notices
N.B.: At any time during the meeting, but prior to the adjournment of the open session of the meeting, the Conservancy may recess or adjourn to closed session to consider personnel matters, prices and terms of real estate transactions and possible and pending litigation. Session will be closed to the public pursuant to attorney‑client privilege and statutory authorization under Government Code Section 11126(a), (c)(7), and (e).
For more information, contact Dick Wayman at the Conservancy:
1330 Broadway, 13th Floor