Douglas Bosco (Public Member), Chairman
Jack Baylis (Public Member)
Marisa Moret (Public Member)
Ann Notthoff (Public Member)
Mike Chrisman, Secretary for Resources; Karen Scarborough (Designated)
Bonnie Neely, Coastal Commission Chair; Susan Hansch (Designated)
Michael Genest, Director, Department of Finance; Karen Finn (Designated)
Senate Representatives Assembly Representatives
Abel Maldonado (District 15) William Monning (District 27)
Joseph Simitian (District 11) Noreen Evans (District 7)
Christine Kehoe (District 39) Lori Saldaña (District 76)
Sam Schuchat, Executive Officer
Pat Peterson, Deputy Attorney General
Glenn Alex, Legal Counsel
DATE: Thursday, September 24, 2009
TIME: 10:00 am
LOCATION: State Coastal Conservancy
1330 Broadway, 11th Floor Conference Room
1. Roll Call
2. Approval of , and .
A. Consideration and possible Conservancy modification of the prior Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $5,500,000 to the City of Rancho Palos Verdes to acquire 160.5 acres of the to help implement the City’s Natural Communities Conservation Plan, Los Angeles County.
B. Consideration and possible authorization to disburse an amount not to exceed $192,769 to the Northwest California Resource Conservation and Development Council to augment a previous Conservancy authorization for the Five Counties Salmonid Conservation Program in order to implement the in Mendocino County.
C. Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $100,000 to the East Bay Regional Park District to undertake a feasibility study of the restoration of sand dunes and other features located at the , Albany Beach, Alameda County.
D. Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to accept and disburse a grant of up to $65,000 from the San Francisco Foundation for monitoring and research activities associated with the .
E. Consideration and possible Conservancy modification of the prior Conservancy authorization of a grant to the Southern Sonoma County Resource Conservation District by redirecting funds from studies related to the restoration of the lower Sonoma Creek to implementation of restoration at within the Petaluma River Watershed in unincorporated Sonoma County.
F. Consideration and possible Conservancy approval of 1) an amendment to the Los Cerritos Wetlands Authority Joint Exercise of Powers Agreement and 2) the FY 09-10 budget of the Los Angeles and Orange Counties.
G. Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse an amount not to exceed $195,000 to augment funding under the Conservancy’s September 25, 2008 authorization to Southwest Wetlands Interpretive Association for the Tijuana Estuary Sediment Fate and Transport Study at the , San Diego County.
H. Consideration and possible Conservancy modification of previous Conservancy authorizations relating to the implementation of Phase I of the by redirecting $1,550,000 of funds from the Pond SF2 managed pond habitat construction project to the Eden Landing tidal wetland construction project and by authorizing the acceptance and disbursement of up to $1,000,000 of U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service National Coastal Wetlands Conservation Grant Program funds for the Eden Landing tidal wetland construction project.
4. Executive Officer Report
a. OPC Update
b. Climate Change Update
c. Legislative Report
5. Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $285,000 for consulting services to assist the Conservancy in maintaining and improving and to evaluate proposed federal legislation that would directly affect Conservancy projects.
6. Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to accept $5.85 million from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration of the United States Department of Commerce and disburse up to $13.85 million towards the acquisition of interests in the 5,630 acre in western Sonoma County.
7. Deputy Attorney General’s Report
8. Conservancy Member Comments
9. Public Comments
10. Possible closed session to confer regarding: Ackerberg v. California Coastal Commission, Superior Court of California, County of Los Angeles, Case No. BS122006, and related litigation, including Access for All v. Ackerberg, County of Los Angeles, Case No. BC405058; Pace v. California State Coastal Conservancy, Los Angeles Superior Court Case No. BC408190; United States of America vs. 127.60 Acres of Land, more or less, situated in San Diego County, State of California, U.S. District Court, Southern District of California, Civil No. 06CV1670W NLS; and other pending litigation; and/or to consider the initiation of litigation. Session will be closed to the public pursuant to Government Code Section 11126 (e).
N.B.: This Meeting Notice and Agenda may be found at:
www.scc.ca.gov under public meeting notices
N.B.: At any time during the meeting, but prior to the adjournment of the open session of the meeting, the Conservancy may recess or adjourn to closed session to consider personnel matters, prices and terms of real estate transactions and possible and pending litigation. Session will be closed to the public pursuant to attorney‑client privilege and statutory authorization under Government Code Section 11126(a), (c)(7), and (e).
For more information, contact Dick Wayman at the Conservancy:
1330 Broadway, 13th Floor