Proposition 84 Land Acquisition Notices
Tunitas Creek Acquisition and Planning
Possible authorization to disburse up to $6,200,000 to San Mateo County Parks Department for the acquisition of the 58-acre Tunitas Creek Beach, and for the preparation of plans, designs, environmental documentation and permit applications for potential public access improvements and natural resource protection at Tunitas Creek Beach.
Conservancy Board meeting: March 14, 2019
Satisfaction of PRC Section 75071 criteria:
The proposed acquisition satisfies three of the criteria of Section 75071 of the Public Resource Code as follows:
- Subsection (a), because the project will protect the riparian corridor of Tunitas Creek, which provides a habitat linkage from the mouth of Tunitas Creek to protected areas upstream, including Midpeninsula Open Space District’s Tunitas Creek Open Space Preserve and facilitates wildlife movement and botanical transfer.
- Subsection (c), because acquisition of the property will support a relatively large area of under-protected major habitat types, including sandy beach, dune, and riparian habitat; and subsection.
- Subsection (e), because the project is supported by non-state matching funds and in-kind contributions. Peninsula Open Space Trust, the seller of the property, is contributing additional funds to the project in the form of a bargain sale and matching funds for planning.
- Updated Information for Working with the ConservancyDear Friends of the Coastal Conservancy, The last few weeks have presented all of us with unprecedented challenges both at home and at work. I hope that you, your family and friends, and your co-workers are all safe and well during this stressful and frightening time. In compliance with directives from the Governor and the […] (Read more on Updated Information for...)
- Job Posting: Project Support Analyst, SF Bay Program“Love the California coast, the San Francisco Bay and the environment? This might be the job for you!” The position is located in Oakland, CA. Applications received without ALL the required items, will NOT receive further consideration for this position. A copy of your transcripts or diploma is required, if you are on the Staff Services Eligibility […] (Read more on Job Posting: Project...)
- Deadlines Extended for Grant ApplicationsDue to the COVID-19 precautions in place throughout California, we have extended the application deadline for our North Coast Proposition 1 grants to April 27, and for Explore the Coast grants to April 20. For more information, please see the links below: Explore the Coast Grant Applications are due March 30, 2020 April 20, 2020 […] (Read more on Deadlines Extended for...)