Proposition 84 Land Acquisition Notices
Tunitas Creek Acquisition and Planning
Possible authorization to disburse up to $6,200,000 to San Mateo County Parks Department for the acquisition of the 58-acre Tunitas Creek Beach, and for the preparation of plans, designs, environmental documentation and permit applications for potential public access improvements and natural resource protection at Tunitas Creek Beach.
Conservancy Board meeting: March 14, 2019
Satisfaction of PRC Section 75071 criteria:
The proposed acquisition satisfies three of the criteria of Section 75071 of the Public Resource Code as follows:
- Subsection (a), because the project will protect the riparian corridor of Tunitas Creek, which provides a habitat linkage from the mouth of Tunitas Creek to protected areas upstream, including Midpeninsula Open Space District’s Tunitas Creek Open Space Preserve and facilitates wildlife movement and botanical transfer.
- Subsection (c), because acquisition of the property will support a relatively large area of under-protected major habitat types, including sandy beach, dune, and riparian habitat; and subsection.
- Subsection (e), because the project is supported by non-state matching funds and in-kind contributions. Peninsula Open Space Trust, the seller of the property, is contributing additional funds to the project in the form of a bargain sale and matching funds for planning.
- San Francisco Bay Area Water Trail Implementation Meeting #32 – December 6, 2019Time 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Location Elihu M. Harris State Office Building 1515 Clay Street, 10th Floor, Del Norte Conference Room Oakland, California Conference Call / Webinar Information: To participate remotely by telephone, dial 1-877-336-1829; Participant code: 555450#. Please use your mute button when not speaking and do not put us on hold. For […] (Read more on San Francisco Bay...)
- Job Posting: Chief of Fiscal Services“Love the California coast, the environment and managing Fiscal Services? This might be the job for you!” The position is located in Oakland, CA. Full information on the role and details on how to apply can be found here: https://www.jobs.ca.gov/CalHrPublic/Jobs/JobPosting.aspx?JobControlId=180000 **Once a significant candidate pool is received, an internal cutoff period will be established and […] (Read more on Job Posting: Chief...)
- Coastal Conservancy Awards Over $10 Million for Coastal Protection, Restoration and AccessBoard approves funding to support coastal projects and programming Arcata, CA – Today, the Board of the California State Coastal Conservancy awarded $10.8 million to 17 projects to protect and restore the California coast and San Francisco Bay, and increase public access to these natural resources. The projects funded include $1,500,000 to Monterey […] (Read more on Coastal Conservancy Awards...)