Job Posting: Accounting Specialist
“Love the coast, the environment and have an Accounting background? This might be the job for you!”
The position is located in Oakland, CA.
Applications received without ALL the required items, will NOT receive further consideration for this position. A copy of your transcripts is required, if you are on the Accountant I (specialist) list. To take the Accountant I (specialist) exam, click this link.
Under the direct supervision of the Accounting Manager, the incumbent performs the more difficult semi-professional accounting work in establishing and maintaining accounts and records.
- Create vouchers for payment invoices and Travel Expense Claims
- Prepare State Controller Office cash transfers and check against billings from the Department of General Services, Department of Justice and CalHR
- Assign travel authorization numbers for approved travel authorization forms
- Audit travel expense claims – coordinate with staff for corrections/needed information
- Prepare bank deposit slips and make deposits.
- Mail checks to vendors
- Reconcile CalCard statements, coordinating with CalCard/P-Card Maintainer
- Create voucher to pay CalCard and Citibank invoices
- Distribute TEC Checks
- Prepare payroll list and distribute pay warrants and notice of direct deposits
- Process Travel Expense Claim reportable payments
- Reconcile Citibank charges against car rentals and the Travel store records
- Log agreement closures and 20 year agreements in Accounting agreement folders
- Review amended agreements and forward as appropriate.
The State Coastal Conservancy values diversity at all levels of the organization and is committed to fostering an environment in which employees from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed and can thrive. We believe the diversity of our employees and their unique ideas inspire innovative solutions to further our mission of protecting and enhancing California’s coast and ocean for present and future generations.
The Accounting Unit has one manager, five full-time employees and one retired annuitant. Work environment is fairly busy at all times and staff work cooperatively with one another as well as with other units within the State Coastal Conservancy.
- Office setting; Monday through Friday
- Prolonged periods of sitting
- Working on a computer up to 8 hours a day
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- May require an employee to work in adversarial situations
- Multi task, meet deadlines, and adjust to changing priorities in a cooperative manner
For full job posting, and for information on how to apply, please visit the posting on the CalCareers website.
- Coastal Conservancy Public Zoom Meeting – September 23, 2021Meeting Notice Douglas Bosco (Public Member), Chair Ann Notthoff (Public Member), Vice Chair Marce Gutiérrez-Graudiņš (Public Member) Joseph Alioto Jr. (Public Member) Wade Crowfoot, Secretary for Natural Resources; Bryan Cash (Designated) Stephen Padilla, Coastal Commission Chair; Alison Dettmer (Designated) Keely Bosler, Director, Department of Finance; Gayle Miller (Designated) Senate Representatives Benjamin Allen (District 26) Josh […] (Read more on Coastal Conservancy Public...)
- San Francisco Bay Area Water Trail Implementation Meeting #38 – September 10, 2021AGENDA September 10, 2021 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. VIRTUAL MEETING ZOOM Meeting Information: For live, online viewing of meeting, go to this address: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/96517077363?pwd=N1NVR0NUQklvSUJEUXErSElVNmdPdz09 Passcode: 869321 To participate remotely by telephone: Dial (for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location): +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose) +1 346 […] (Read more on San Francisco Bay...)
- Job Posting: Staff Services Analyst or Conservancy Program Development Analyst I“Love the California coast and the environment? This might be the job for you!” The position is located in Oakland, CA. Applications received without ALL the required items (state application std. 678, copy of diploma and/or transcripts, and cover letter), will NOT receive further consideration for this position. SCC will fill the vacancy at the Conservancy Program […] (Read more on Job Posting: Staff...)