Updated Information for Working with the Conservancy
Dear Friends of the Coastal Conservancy,
The last few weeks have presented all of us with unprecedented challenges both at home and at work. I hope that you, your family and friends, and your co-workers are all safe and well during this stressful and frightening time.
In compliance with directives from the Governor and the cities and counties where we live, Conservancy staff are all working from home. We are quickly adapting our policies and practices to allow paperless processing of invoices and other critical documents. Thanks to our colleagues at the Resources Agency, the State Controller has agreed to accept electronic signatures, which means we will be able to get your invoices paid. Please remain in close contact with your Project Manager to work through any hiccups.
If you need time extensions, adjustments to your work program(s), or augmentations for your grant(s), please talk to your Project Manager. More than ever, we are aiming to be flexible and accommodating right now.
I am happy to report that two acquisitions we funded were able to close in the last week in two different coastal counties in California, so our work with you can definitely keep moving under these circumstances.
We have rescheduled the Coastal Conservancy’s April 2, 2020 Board meeting for May 5, 2020. It will be a virtual meeting and I invite you to join us. More information will be posted here when available. The agenda will be the same as the planned April meeting.
And finally, we recognize the financial strain the economic freeze is putting on our partners. We are doing everything we can to keep our grant funds flowing and to run new grant rounds as planned. There are additional resources available to non-profits that you may wish to investigate further, including:
- Small Business Administration (SBA) Coronavirus (COVID-19): Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources, which is making low-or-no-interest loans available to non-profits.
- SBA information on applying for disaster relief
- Briefing on Emergency COVID funding for 501(c)(3) Nonprofitsfrom the US Chamber of Commerce foundation (30 minutes)
- Federal Coronavirus Relief Bills: What do they mean for nonprofits?From the National Council of Nonprofits
- (From NAAEE) Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act: The National Council for Nonprofits has an initial analysis of the legislationand is a good source of overall information to learn more about available state funding programs to support your organization at this time
- COVID-19 Resources for Land Trusts from the Land Trust Alliance
Please reach out to your Project Manager, Regional Manager and to me if we can be of assistance. We are here to work with you.
CA State Coastal Conservancy
- Coastal Conservancy Awards $7 Million for SF Bay and Coastal Restoration, Preservation, and Public Access21 Explore the Coast Grants Awarded to Fund Coastal Programming for Communities Facing Barriers to Access Oakland, CA – Today, the Board of the California State Coastal Conservancy awarded over $7 million to 15 projects to protect and restore the California coast and San Francisco Bay, and increase public access to these natural resources. Included […] (Read more on Coastal Conservancy Awards...)
- Call for Applications to Serve on the California State Coastal Conservancy’s Explore the Coast Advisory BoardApplication Due December 15, 2020 Background California’s ocean, coast, and beaches have long been recognized and used as spaces of joy, relaxation, and healing. The State Coastal Conservancy’s Explore the Coast (ETC) grant program seeks to provide coastal experiences for people and communities who face challenges or barriers to accessing or enjoying the coast […] (Read more on Call for Applications...)
- Job Posting: Accountant TraineeJob Description and Duties “Love the coast, the environment and have an Accounting background? This might be the job for you!” The position is located in Oakland, CA. Under the direct supervision of the Accounting Manager, the incumbent performs difficult technical and professional accounting work within the Accounting unit of the Conservancy. Record vouchers to […] (Read more on Job Posting: Accountant...)