Job Posting: Accountant Trainee
Job Description and Duties
“Love the coast, the environment and have an Accounting background? This might be the job for you!”
The position is located in Oakland, CA.
Under the direct supervision of the Accounting Manager, the incumbent performs difficult technical and professional accounting work within the Accounting unit of the Conservancy.
Record vouchers to the Bond Cash Transfer Form. Keep track of balance & enter in the Agency Bonds Consolidated Reporting System (ABCRS).
Ensure Cash availability for Bond fund payments & enter Bond fund expenditures in ABCRS.
Prepare new contract folder & Draw Down Sheet & log to the new contracts folder.Complete substitution of funds when necessary.
Complete Federal Invoice process.
Complete process of office revolving fund (ORF) payment vouchers, checks, & replenishments of ORF payments.
Reconcile bank statements (General Cash & ORF).
Review contract amendments against existing contracts.
Review, analyze, respond to accounting issues with Accounting Manager, Lead, & requesting staff.
Print & file Journal entries; mail checks to EE’s when needed; any necessary filing duties
Prepare monthly fund reconciliations for assigned funds & close submodules monthly.
Tasked with various Month End Close, Year End Open, & Year End Close activities, per State Administrative Manual (SAM).
Prepare payroll list, distribute/mail pay warrants & notice of direct deposits, supply HR staff with paperwork.
Follow the Records Retention Schedule and maintain proper protocols for storing Accounting documents.
Log agreement closures & 20-year agreements in Accounting agreement folders.
Prepare State Controller’s Office cash transfers & check against billings from the Department of General Services, Department of Justice, & CalHR.
Prepare bank deposit slips & make deposits adhering to SAM guidelines.
Maintain, review, & update proposed changes to the Accounting Procedures Manual.
Enter funding information onto support-funded Inter-Office Requisitions (IORs) & forward for approval.
Enter support fund reservations by IORs onto Draw Down Sheets.
Enter PO Number onto Draw Down Sheets.
Maintain, review, calculate, & supply Statewide Cost Allocation Plan (SWCAP) charges.
Enter voucher details into Project Database and Electronic Invoice Log.
The Accounting Unit has one manager, five full-time employees and one retired annuitant. Work environment is fairly busy at all times and staff work cooperatively with one another as well as with other units within the State Coastal Conservancy. The State Coastal Conservancy office is located in the State building in downtown Oakland.
- Position is located in a high-rise building.
- Office setting; Monday through Friday (currently teleworking 4 days per week; computer for telework use will be provided if needed)
- Required being in a stationary position consistent with office work for extended periods.
- Standard office environment (for example, artificial lighting, controlled temperature, etc.)
- Daily use of a personal computer, office equipment, and/or telephone.
- Multi-task, meet deadlines, and adjust to changing priorities in a cooperative manner
More information on the role and how to apply are here: https://www.jobs.ca.gov/CalHrPublic/Jobs/JobPosting.aspx?JobControlId=223050
- Coastal Conservancy Public Zoom Meeting – September 23, 2021Meeting Notice Douglas Bosco (Public Member), Chair Ann Notthoff (Public Member), Vice Chair Marce Gutiérrez-Graudiņš (Public Member) Joseph Alioto Jr. (Public Member) Wade Crowfoot, Secretary for Natural Resources; Bryan Cash (Designated) Stephen Padilla, Coastal Commission Chair; Alison Dettmer (Designated) Keely Bosler, Director, Department of Finance; Gayle Miller (Designated) Senate Representatives Benjamin Allen (District 26) Josh […] (Read more on Coastal Conservancy Public...)
- San Francisco Bay Area Water Trail Implementation Meeting #38 – September 10, 2021AGENDA September 10, 2021 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. VIRTUAL MEETING ZOOM Meeting Information: For live, online viewing of meeting, go to this address: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/96517077363?pwd=N1NVR0NUQklvSUJEUXErSElVNmdPdz09 Passcode: 869321 To participate remotely by telephone: Dial (for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location): +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose) +1 346 […] (Read more on San Francisco Bay...)
- Job Posting: Staff Services Analyst or Conservancy Program Development Analyst I“Love the California coast and the environment? This might be the job for you!” The position is located in Oakland, CA. Applications received without ALL the required items (state application std. 678, copy of diploma and/or transcripts, and cover letter), will NOT receive further consideration for this position. SCC will fill the vacancy at the Conservancy Program […] (Read more on Job Posting: Staff...)