Job Posting: Accounting Manager
“Love the coast, the environment and have an Accounting background? This might be the job for you!”
The position is located in Oakland, CA.
Applications received without ALL the required items, will NOT receive further consideration for this position. A copy of your transcripts is required, if you are on the Accounting Administrator (specialist) list. To take the Accounting Administrator I (specialist) exam, click this link: https://www.jobs.ca.gov/JOBSGEN/6PB02.PDF
Under the general direction of the Chief of Fiscal Services, the Accounting Administrator I Supervisor (AAI) manages the Accounting Unit of the State Coastal Conservancy. The AA I performs the most difficult and complex work within the Accounting Unit and collaborates with the Accounting Administrator I (Specialist) or Senior. Accounting Officer to accomplish daily work through subordinate staff. The AAI is required to perform both short and long-term projects; carries out responsibilities with a high degree of independence, as well as work in team settings exercise sound judgment and discretion. The AAI I serves as the departmental expert on broad, agency wide accounting matters affecting the agency.
- Supervises the Accounting unit staff and manages the Coastal Conservancy’s Accounting Function in its entirety, to ensure all accounting work (including Month-End Close, Year-End Open, Year-End Close activities) is completed in a timely manner and in conformance with statewide accounting practices, State Administrative Manual, Uniform Codes Manual, and State Controller’s Office (SCO) requirements.
- Reviews and approves various Fi$Cal transactions daily (Purchase Orders, Vouchers, Contract Shells). Reviews DocuSign requests daily (approvals for Fund Reservations, Purchase Orders, Contracts).
- Functions as a working level supervisor, the Accounting Administrator I (Supervisor) to complete: Fund/appropriation and authority monitoring and reporting; and maintains, updates, and ensures the Fund Balance Summary is accurate.
- Monitors that cash accounts/bond/fund balances are accurate and ensures funding availability before signing agency contract agreements.
- Prepares and updates management reports for tracking of support fund expenditures, remaining balances, and contracts with expiring fund liquidation period. Compares current and anticipated expenditures to budgeted allotments and estimates savings/deficits.
The Accounting Unit has one manager, five full-time employees and one retired annuitant. Work environment is fairly busy at all times and staff work cooperatively with one another as well as with other units within the State Coastal Conservancy. The State Coastal Conservancy office is located in the State building in downtown Oakland.
- Position is located in a high-rise building.
- Office setting; Monday through Friday (currently teleworking 3 days per week; computer for telework use will be provided if needed)
- Required being in a stationary position consistent with office work for extended periods.
- Standard office environment (for example, artificial lighting, controlled temperature, etc.)
- Daily use of a personal computer, office equipment, and/or telephone.
- Multi-task, meet deadlines, and adjust to changing priorities in a cooperative manner
To learn more and apply, please visit: https://www.jobs.ca.gov/CalHrPublic/Jobs/JobPosting.aspx?JobControlId=223154
- Coastal Conservancy Awards $7 Million for SF Bay and Coastal Restoration, Preservation, and Public Access21 Explore the Coast Grants Awarded to Fund Coastal Programming for Communities Facing Barriers to Access Oakland, CA – Today, the Board of the California State Coastal Conservancy awarded over $7 million to 15 projects to protect and restore the California coast and San Francisco Bay, and increase public access to these natural resources. Included […] (Read more on Coastal Conservancy Awards...)
- Call for Applications to Serve on the California State Coastal Conservancy’s Explore the Coast Advisory BoardApplication Due December 15, 2020 Background California’s ocean, coast, and beaches have long been recognized and used as spaces of joy, relaxation, and healing. The State Coastal Conservancy’s Explore the Coast (ETC) grant program seeks to provide coastal experiences for people and communities who face challenges or barriers to accessing or enjoying the coast […] (Read more on Call for Applications...)
- Job Posting: Accountant TraineeJob Description and Duties “Love the coast, the environment and have an Accounting background? This might be the job for you!” The position is located in Oakland, CA. Under the direct supervision of the Accounting Manager, the incumbent performs difficult technical and professional accounting work within the Accounting unit of the Conservancy. Record vouchers to […] (Read more on Job Posting: Accountant...)