Job Posting: Sr. Accounting Officer (specialist)
“Love the coast, the environment and have an Accounting background? This might be the job for you!”
The position is located in Oakland, CA.
Applications received without ALL the required items, will NOT receive further consideration for this position. A copy of your diploma is required if you are on the Senior Accounting Officer (specialist) list. To take the Senior Accounting Officer (specialist exam, click this link: https://www.jobs.ca.gov/JOBSGEN/0PBAK.PDF
Under the general direction of the Accounting Administrator I, the Senior Accounting Officer (spec) independently performs the more difficult accounting duties related to the administration of funds, reconciliation on account balances, and reporting of financial statements. The incumbent establishes and maintains the accounting records for the multi-funded programs at the Coastal Conservancy. Performs detailed analysis of accounting transactions needed to post encumbrances, expenditures, and revenues for the various funds to ensure compliance with State and Federal financial reporting requirements. Post journal entries and prepares Financial Information System for California (FI$Cal) to State Controller’s Office (SCO) reconciliations. Prepares monthly and annual financial statements and reports. Reconciles the FI$Cal reports with SCO’s Appropriated Account Reconciliation Report to ensure the accuracy of funds’ expenditure, revenue, reimbursement, and cash-in-state treasury account balances monthly. Analyzes and researches the causes of abnormal balances, variances and problems and determines the course of action to resolve the problem and correctly record the accounting transaction. Prepares detailed cash analysis reports for departmental management. This position will work to proficiently utilize Excel, MS Word, FI$Cal, and SCO. Overtime during peak periods, such as year-end, may be required.
You will find additional information about the job in the Duty Statement.
The Accounting Unit has one manager, five full-time employees and one retired annuitant. Work environment is fairly busy at all times and staff work cooperatively with one another as well as with other units within the State Coastal Conservancy. The State Coastal Conservancy office is located in the State building in downtown Oakland.
- Position is located in a high-rise building.
- Office setting: Monday through Friday (currently teleworking 4 days per week; computer for telework use will be provided if needed). As the COVID-19 situation changes, working in our Oakland office location will be required.
- Required being in a stationary position consistent with office work for extended periods.
- Standard office environment (for example, artificial lighting, controlled temperature, etc.)
- Daily use of a personal computer, office equipment, and/or telephone.
- Multi-task, meet deadlines, and adjust to changing priorities in a cooperative manner.
To learn more and apply, please visit the job posting on CalCareers.
- RFP for Wildfire Resilience Projects AnnouncedThe Coastal Conservancy is pleased to announce its Wildfire Resilience Program Request for Proposals. The Wildfire Resilience Program supports local partners to develop and implement projects that improve ecological health of natural lands and reduce the risk of catastrophic fire. The program will fund grants for: on-the-ground activities to restore the health and increase resilience […] (Read more on RFP for Wildfire...)
- Press Release: Coastal Conservancy Board Approves $12.6 million for Coastal Restoration, Protection and Public Access 12/2/2021 – Today, the Board of the State Coastal Conservancy approved over $12.6 million in grants for coastal restoration, protection and public access. Included in the approvals were over $10 million to the City of Fullerton to acquire a 13.7-acre property in the West Coyote Hills area of north Orange County for open space, habitat […] (Read more on Press Release: Coastal...)
- Job Posting: Management Services Technician“Love the California coast and the environment? This might be the job for you!” The position is located in Oakland, CA. Applications received without ALL the required items (state application std. 678, copy of transcripts and Cover Letter), will NOT receive further consideration for this position. SCC will fill the vacancy at the Management Service Technician level. […] (Read more on Job Posting: Management...)