Job Posting: Sr. Accounting Officer (specialist)
“Love the coast, the environment and have an Accounting background? This might be the job for you!”
The position is located in Oakland, CA.
Applications received without ALL the required items, will NOT receive further consideration for this position. A copy of your diploma is required if you are on the Senior Accounting Officer (specialist) list. To take the Senior Accounting Officer (specialist exam, click this link: https://www.jobs.ca.gov/JOBSGEN/0PBAK.PDF
Under the general direction of the Accounting Administrator I, the Senior Accounting Officer (spec) independently performs the more difficult accounting duties related to the administration of funds, reconciliation on account balances, and reporting of financial statements. The incumbent establishes and maintains the accounting records for the multi-funded programs at the Coastal Conservancy. Performs detailed analysis of accounting transactions needed to post encumbrances, expenditures, and revenues for the various funds to ensure compliance with State and Federal financial reporting requirements. Post journal entries and prepares Financial Information System for California (FI$Cal) to State Controller’s Office (SCO) reconciliations. Prepares monthly and annual financial statements and reports. Reconciles the FI$Cal reports with SCO’s Appropriated Account Reconciliation Report to ensure the accuracy of funds’ expenditure, revenue, reimbursement, and cash-in-state treasury account balances monthly. Analyzes and researches the causes of abnormal balances, variances and problems and determines the course of action to resolve the problem and correctly record the accounting transaction. Prepares detailed cash analysis reports for departmental management. This position will work to proficiently utilize Excel, MS Word, FI$Cal, and SCO. Overtime during peak periods, such as year-end, may be required.
You will find additional information about the job in the Duty Statement.
The Accounting Unit has one manager, five full-time employees and one retired annuitant. Work environment is fairly busy at all times and staff work cooperatively with one another as well as with other units within the State Coastal Conservancy. The State Coastal Conservancy office is located in the State building in downtown Oakland.
- Position is located in a high-rise building.
- Office setting: Monday through Friday (currently teleworking 4 days per week; computer for telework use will be provided if needed). As the COVID-19 situation changes, working in our Oakland office location will be required.
- Required being in a stationary position consistent with office work for extended periods.
- Standard office environment (for example, artificial lighting, controlled temperature, etc.)
- Daily use of a personal computer, office equipment, and/or telephone.
- Multi-task, meet deadlines, and adjust to changing priorities in a cooperative manner.
To learn more and apply, please visit the job posting on CalCareers.
- Webinar: Updating our Project Selection Criteria, June 21The Coastal Conservancy is updating its project selection criteria and we are asking for public comments on the proposed new criteria. The draft proposed criteria are here. There will be a webinar to discuss the proposed criteria on June 21 at 1:00 p,m PST, to register, click here. If you would like to send […] (Read more on Webinar: Updating our...)
- REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS: Consultant to Assess Community Engagement & Benefits of Grant Program, “Advancing Nature-Based Adaptation Solutions in Marin County”Led by the CA State Coastal Conservancy and the Marin Community Foundation The California State Coastal Conservancy (SCC) is seeking qualifications of potential Consultants to assess the community engagement and benefits provided by a three-year grant program conducted by SCC in partnership with the Marin Community Foundation (MCF), “Advancing Nature-Based Adaptation Solutions in Marin County”. […] (Read more on REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS:...)
- San Francisco Bay Area Water Trail Implementation Meeting #37 – June 18, 2021AGENDA 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Location – VIRTUAL MEETING Please click this URL to join Zoom webinar: https://zoom.us/j/96312410067?pwd=MUNLaTE2OS9PR3RmVVVBQ0M4TUtvQT09 Passcode: 035802 Or join by phone: Dial (for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location): +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose) +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston) +1 253 215 8782 (Tacoma) […] (Read more on San Francisco Bay...)