2022 Explore the Coast Grants Application Period Now Open
The California State Coastal Conservancy announces the availability of grants to public agencies, federally-recognized tribes and indigenous communities, and nonprofit organizations for programs that facilitate and enhance the public’s opportunities to explore California’s spectacular coast and San Francisco Bay shoreline.
The ocean, coast, and beaches have long been recognized and used as spaces of joy, relaxation, and healing for many Californians. The ability to experience the coast without fear of physical barriers, feelings of not belonging, or financial challenge is crucial to how individuals cultivate their lifelong connections with the coast. The Explore the Coast grant program seeks to provide enjoyable coastal experiences for people and communities who face challenges or barriers to accessing or enjoying the coast (“ETC Priority Communities”).
ETC Priority Communities may include but are not limited to lower-income individuals and households, people with disabilities, people of color, indigenous communities, immigrant communities, foster youth, and other historically excluded communities who face societal challenges or barriers to accessing or enjoying the coast.
Projects should also meet one or more of the following priorities:
- Provide an enjoyable experience at the coast.
- Reduce economic, physical, operational, or societal barriers to accessing or enjoying the coast.
- Inspires ongoing coastal resource stewardship ethic through active learning and interactive activities.
Approximately $9 million is available for this grant round. Applicants may request a grant amount of up to $200,000 for a 2-year project or $100,000 for a 1-year project.
The Conservancy will held webinar on January 21, 2022, 2 pm – 3 pm to walk through the Explore the Coast Grant Program and address questions regarding the application. A recording of the webinar can be found here.
Technical Assistance- Office Hours
The Conservancy will offer two one-hour Technical Assistance “Office Hour” sessions where SCC staff will answer more specific grant questions and provide guidance with application preparation to potential applicants via zoom meeting. Break-out rooms will be an option for one-on-one assistance.
- February 3, 2022, 4 pm – 5 pm Technical Assistance Office Hour link can be found here.
- February 24, 2022, 11 am – 12 pm Technical Assistance Office Hour link can be found here.
RFP and Application Documents
The Explore the Coast grant application can found below:
- Explore the Coast 2022 RFP and Application (WORD DOC DOWNLOAD)
- Explore the Coast 2022 Scoring Criteria
Submit completed application as a Word document to email@example.com by Friday, March 11, 2022, by 5 pm.
- REQUEST FOR SERVICES (RFS): Community Engagement for the Ballona Wetlands Restoration ProjectThe California State Coastal Conservancy requests the services of an expert in participatory community engagement to develop and implement robust community engagement for the Ballona Wetlands Restoration Project (Project), located in the Ballona Wetlands Ecological Reserve in the City of Los Angeles. This RFS is being released for a second time in order to allow […] (Read more on REQUEST FOR SERVICES...)
- Job Posting: Administrative Deputy Executive Officer“Love the California Coast, the environment, supervising people, and public agency management? This might be the job for you!” The State Coastal Conservancy is seeking an experienced leader to join our Executive Management team as the Administrative Deputy Executive Officer, CEA, range A. The State Coastal Conservancy is headquartered in Oakland, CA. Reporting to the […] (Read more on Job Posting: Administrative...)
- Job Posting: Budget AnalystLove the California coast and the environment and working to support diversity and inclusion? This might be the job for you!” The position is located in Oakland, CA. Under the general direction of the Staff Services Manager II, the incumbent works as part of the Budget Unit, and in coordination with other administrative units, project staff, […] (Read more on Job Posting: Budget...)