2022 Explore the Coast Grants Application Period Now Open
The California State Coastal Conservancy announces the availability of grants to public agencies, federally-recognized tribes and indigenous communities, and nonprofit organizations for programs that facilitate and enhance the public’s opportunities to explore California’s spectacular coast and San Francisco Bay shoreline.
The ocean, coast, and beaches have long been recognized and used as spaces of joy, relaxation, and healing for many Californians. The ability to experience the coast without fear of physical barriers, feelings of not belonging, or financial challenge is crucial to how individuals cultivate their lifelong connections with the coast. The Explore the Coast grant program seeks to provide enjoyable coastal experiences for people and communities who face challenges or barriers to accessing or enjoying the coast (“ETC Priority Communities”).
ETC Priority Communities may include but are not limited to lower-income individuals and households, people with disabilities, people of color, indigenous communities, immigrant communities, foster youth, and other historically excluded communities who face societal challenges or barriers to accessing or enjoying the coast.
Projects should also meet one or more of the following priorities:
- Provide an enjoyable experience at the coast.
- Reduce economic, physical, operational, or societal barriers to accessing or enjoying the coast.
- Inspires ongoing coastal resource stewardship ethic through active learning and interactive activities.
Approximately $9 million is available for this grant round. Applicants may request a grant amount of up to $200,000 for a 2-year project or $100,000 for a 1-year project.
The Conservancy will hold a webinar on January 21, 2022, 2 pm – 3 pm to walk through the Explore the Coast Grant Program and address questions regarding the application. Potential project applicants are encouraged to attend. The registration link for the webinar is here. The recorded webinar will be posted on scc.ca.gov afterward.
Technical Assistance- Office Hours
The Conservancy will offer two one-hour Technical Assistance “Office Hour” sessions where SCC staff will answer more specific grant questions and provide guidance with application preparation to potential applicants via zoom meeting. Break-out rooms will be an option for one-on-one assistance.
- February 3, 2022, 4 pm – 5 pm Technical Assistance Office Hour link can be found here.
- February 24, 2022, 11 am – 12 pm Technical Assistance Office Hour link can be found here.
RFP and Application Documents
The Explore the Coast grant application can found below:
Submit completed application as a Word document to email@example.com by Friday, March 11, 2022, by 5 pm.
- Coastal Conservancy Public Zoom Meeting – February 03, 2022Meeting Notice Douglas Bosco (Public Member), Chair Ann Notthoff (Public Member), Vice Chair Marce Gutiérrez-Graudi?š (Public Member) Joseph Alioto Jr. (Public Member) Wade Crowfoot, Secretary for Natural Resources; Bryan Cash (Designated) Donne Brownsey, Coastal Commission Chair; Madeline Cavalieri (Designated) Keely Bosler, Director, Department of Finance; Gayle Miller (Designated) Senate Representatives Benjamin Allen (District 26) Josh […] (Read more on Coastal Conservancy Public...)
- Job Posting: Contract Technician“Love the California coast and the environment? This might be the job for you!” The position is located in Oakland, CA. Under general supervision of the Contracts and Procurement Manager, the successful applicant will reform a full range of complex word processing duties in preparation of contracts, grant agreements, and amendments. Performs work independently after […] (Read more on Job Posting: Contract...)
- Job Posting: South Coast Deputy Program Manager“Love the Coast, the environment, and managing people? This might be the job for you!” This position can be based in LA County (remote), San Diego County (remote), or at our HQ in Oakland. Remote staff will be required to travel to our headquarters in Oakland, CA once per month. The travel costs are […] (Read more on Job Posting: South...)