Job Posting: Budget Analyst
“Love the California coast and the environment and working with numbers/budgets? This might be the job for you!”
The position is located in Oakland, CA.
Applications received without ALL the required items, will NOT receive further consideration for this position. (state application). Resumes will NOT be reviewed.
The State Coastal Conservancy is hiring an Associate Budget Analyst. Under the general direction of the Staff Services Manager II, the incumbent assists with the preparation and administration of the annual budget for the State Coastal Conservancy, and the preparation, implementation, and maintenance of the budgets of assigned programs. This person will play an important role and is responsible for the Conservancy’s budget functions. The position works as part of the Budgets Unit, and in coordination with other administrative units, project staff, and Federal/State/local entities.
Job duties include:
- Lead development of local assistance budget, including writing Budget Change Proposals, acting as liaison with Budget Analyst at Department of Finance for Budget Change Proposals, technical adjustments, Spring Finance Letters, and other budget matters. –
- Enter local assistance budget information into Hyperion, including Budget Change Proposals, Spring Finance Letters, and other adjustments.
- Review Governor’s Budget and Budget Act.
- Prepare a table of appropriations by fund with encumbrance and liquidation dates and agency use codes, if applicable, for accounting to set up internal fund tracking.
- As part of the Budget Team, provide backup for development and tracking of the Conservancy’s support budget. Prepare various Budget Schedules, budget calculations, budget documents, reports, and supporting spread sheets.
- Prepare Budget Requests, Budget Revisions, Baseline Budget Adjustments (BBAs) and Section 28.00 applications as needed.
- Conduct retirement rate contribution adjustment & health and dental contribution adjustments.
- Review and negotiate Pro Rata & SWCAP (Statewide Cost Allocation Plan) assessments.
- Review Governor’s Budget Galley including reporting of past year expenditures, current year adjustments and budget year appropriation and allocation of expenditure changes.
- Generate and share Fi$CAL (Financial Software of California) reports on actual support budget expenditures and track support expenditures.
- Lead expenditure reporting required by California Natural Resources Agency and others. This reporting includes data entry into ABCRS (Agency Bond Consolidated Reporting System), Airtable, and other formats. Reporting typically requires querying information from the Coastal Conservancy’s project database and combining that information with budget information and reconciling accounting reports.
- Functions as ABCRS bond database administrator for cash projections, entering new projects and other bond related work which may include, but not limited to, bond cash estimates, bond accountability reporting, tracking regional allocation, tracking bond balances with long term budget planning.
- Other budget duties as assigned.
You will find additional information about the job in the Duty Statement.
- Press Release: Coastal Conservancy Awards over $28m in GrantsThis week, the Board of the California State Coastal Conservancy awarded over $28.3 million in grants for coastal access, protect, restoration and climate resilience. Included in the authorizations were $11.5 million for the acquisition of 384 acres at the Banning Ranch property in the Newport Beach. The acquisition of Banning Ranch is an extremely rare […] (Read more on Press Release: Coastal...)
- Sea Otter Recovery Grants – Deadline August 5, 2022The California State Coastal Conservancy announces the availability of grants to public agencies, tribes and nonprofit organizations for projects that facilitate the recovery of the southern sea otter along California’s coasts. Background The Coastal Conservancy (“Conservancy”) is a California state agency, established in 1976 to work with local communities to implement multi-benefit projects that protect […] (Read more on Sea Otter Recovery...)
- Coastal Conservancy Public Zoom Meeting – May 05, 2022Meeting Notice Douglas Bosco (Public Member), Chair Ann Notthoff (Public Member), Vice Chair Marce Gutiérrez-Graudiņš (Public Member) Joseph Alioto Jr. (Public Member) Wade Crowfoot, Secretary for Natural Resources; Bryan Cash (Designated) Donne Brownsey, Coastal Commission Chair; Madeline Cavalieri (Designated) Keely Bosler, Director, Department of Finance; Gayle Miller (Designated) Senate Representatives Benjamin Allen (District 26) Josh […] (Read more on Coastal Conservancy Public...)