Job Posting: Central Coast Deputy Program Manager
“Love the Coast, the environment, and managing people? This might be the job for you!”
The State Coastal Conservancy has an exciting opportunity for you to join us in protecting California’s iconic lands and waters, restoring vital habitats, and increasing inclusive and equitable enjoyment of the coast and shoreline.
The Conservancy works with others on multi-benefit projects located along the coast of California, within coastal watersheds, and/or within the nine-county San Francisco Bay Area. The Central Coast Deputy Program Manager will both manage complex Conservancy projects and assist in the management of a regional work team.
Project Management and Oversight: Directly manages or oversees complex projects in the Central Coast region to protect, restore, or enhance coastal and watershed resources; to facilitate public access and education related to these resources; or to further any other purposes consistent with the Conservancy’s enabling legislation.
Staff and Program Management: Directly manage Central Coast staff members. Work closely with the Regional Manager on program direction, funding, and staffing decisions. Participate in Conservancy Management Team. Represent the Conservancy in public settings, meetings, and with other agencies and organizations. As assigned, participate in regional coordination and planning efforts.
May act in the absence of the Regional Manager in other supervisory duties; may continue the work of subordinate staff in their absence to ensure the progression and completion of work.
The State Coastal Conservancy is headquartered in Oakland, CA.
There is one Central Coast Deputy Program Manager position. The position can be filled in our Head Quarters located in Oakland, CA (Alameda County), or be filled as a permanent remote position in Santa Cruz or Santa Barbara Counties. If interested in the Santa Cruz County location, please view, and apply to job posting JC-304824 If interested in Santa Barbara County location, please view, and apply to job posting JC-304808
- Central Coast CPDM – Alameda County
- Central Coast CPDM – Santa Barbara County
- Central Coast CPDM – Santa Cruz County
Applications received without ALL the required items (state application std. 678 copy of diploma and/or transcripts (official/unofficial), cover letter and SOQ), will NOT receive further consideration for this position. Resumes will NOT be reviewed.
This advertisement will be used for this and other permanent and/or limited term vacancies that may occur at the State Coastal Conservancy during the life of the certification list.
We will be appropriating the Staff Services Manager II (supervisory) eligibility list for the Conservancy Project Development Manager list. You will need to meet the minimum qualifications of both classifications. If you are not currently on the Staff Services Manager II (supervisory) list, please take the online exam at: https://www.calcareers.ca.gov/JOBSGEN/9PB16.PDF
- Press Release: Coastal Conservancy Awards over $28m in GrantsThis week, the Board of the California State Coastal Conservancy awarded over $28.3 million in grants for coastal access, protect, restoration and climate resilience. Included in the authorizations were $11.5 million for the acquisition of 384 acres at the Banning Ranch property in the Newport Beach. The acquisition of Banning Ranch is an extremely rare […] (Read more on Press Release: Coastal...)
- Sea Otter Recovery Grants – Deadline August 5, 2022The California State Coastal Conservancy announces the availability of grants to public agencies, tribes and nonprofit organizations for projects that facilitate the recovery of the southern sea otter along California’s coasts. Background The Coastal Conservancy (“Conservancy”) is a California state agency, established in 1976 to work with local communities to implement multi-benefit projects that protect […] (Read more on Sea Otter Recovery...)
- Coastal Conservancy Public Zoom Meeting – May 05, 2022Meeting Notice Douglas Bosco (Public Member), Chair Ann Notthoff (Public Member), Vice Chair Marce Gutiérrez-Graudiņš (Public Member) Joseph Alioto Jr. (Public Member) Wade Crowfoot, Secretary for Natural Resources; Bryan Cash (Designated) Donne Brownsey, Coastal Commission Chair; Madeline Cavalieri (Designated) Keely Bosler, Director, Department of Finance; Gayle Miller (Designated) Senate Representatives Benjamin Allen (District 26) Josh […] (Read more on Coastal Conservancy Public...)