Job Posting: HR, Budgets & Grants Manager
Love the California coast and the environment and working to support diversity and inclusion? This might be the job for you!”
The State Coastal Conservancy values diversity at all levels of the organization and is committed to fostering an environment in which employees from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed and can thrive. We believe the diversity of our employees and their unique ideas inspire innovative solutions to further our mission of protecting and enhancing California’s coast and ocean for present and future generations.
The position is located in Oakland, CA.
Under the general direction of the Director of Fiscal Services (SSM II), the SSM I is responsible for the supervision & management of the Conservancy’s Human Resources, Budgets, and Grants Units. This position is a working supervisor, you will have specific HR duties along with being the Labor Relations Officer and supervising, training, overseeing, and reviews the work and performance of the HR, Budgets, and Grants staff. Responsibilities are carried out with a significant degree of independence, working independently and in a team, exercising sound judgment, analysis, and discretion.
In order to be eligible for this position, candidates must have taken the Staff Services Manager I (SSM I) online exam within the past 12 months. Please make sure to read the exam(s) bulletin before taking the exam:
- To take the SSM I exam, click this link: Staff Services Manager 1 (ca.gov);
- To take the SSM I LEAP exam, click this link: 0PBGS.PDF (ca.gov)
Please Note: Applications received without ALL the required items (state application STD. 678, cover letter, and a copy of diploma and/or transcripts [official/unofficial]), will NOT receive further consideration for this position. SCC will not review attached resumes in lieu of the Employment History section of the State Application (STD 678). Failure to fill out the Employment History section of the State Application (STD 678) will result in disqualification.
You will find additional information about the job in the Duty Statement.
To learn more and apply, please visit the CalHR posting here.
- Press Release: Coastal Conservancy awards over $60 million in grants for coastal access, restoration, and resilienceToday, the Board of the State Coastal Conservancy approved over $60 million in grants for restoration, protection, public access, and wildfire and climate resilience along the California coast and San Francisco Bay. Included in the approvals were: $20 million to the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers for the Bel Marin Keys Unit V expansion of the […] (Read more on Press Release: Coastal...)
- Coastal Conservancy Public Zoom Meeting – September 22, 2022Meeting Notice Douglas Bosco (Public Member), Chair Ann Notthoff (Public Member), Vice Chair Marce Gutiérrez-Graudiņš (Public Member) Joseph Alioto Jr. (Public Member) Wade Crowfoot, Secretary for Natural Resources; Bryan Cash (Designated) Donne Brownsey, Coastal Commission Chair; Madeline Cavalieri (Designated) Keely Bosler, Director, Department of Finance; Gayle Miller (Designated) Senate Representatives Benjamin Allen (District 26) Josh […] (Read more on Coastal Conservancy Public...)
- Job Posting: HR, Budgets & Grants ManagerLove the California coast and the environment and working to support diversity and inclusion? This might be the job for you!” The State Coastal Conservancy values diversity at all levels of the organization and is committed to fostering an environment in which employees from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed and […] (Read more on Job Posting: HR,...)