Job Posting: Project Support Analyst
“Love protecting, restoring, and enjoying the California Coast? This might be the job for you!”
The State Coastal Conservancy has an exciting opportunity for you to join us in protecting California’s iconic lands and waters, restoring vital habitats, and increasing inclusive and equitable enjoyment of the coast and shoreline.
The Conservancy works with others on multi-benefit projects located along the coast of California, within coastal watersheds, and/or within the nine-county San Francisco Bay Area. The new Project Support Analyst will assist with disbursing state funding and managing projects to acquire and protect natural and agricultural lands, restore and enhance habitats and ecosystems, design and build trails and other recreational facilities, plan and implement climate adaptation projects, implement urban greening projects, provide environmental education, and improve public access for historically underserved communities in the Central Coast Region. Tasks will include soliciting and reviewing grant applications, reviewing documents related to projects, writing and presenting staff recommendations for Conservancy Board approval, developing grant agreements in cooperation with legal staff, ensuring that all conditions of the grant agreement are met, reviewing invoices, and monitoring the progress of projects. The new staff member will be part of the Central Coast regional team at the Conservancy, and will work with grantees, partner agencies, organizations, tribes, and community groups.
This is a Statewide Recruitment for ONE (1) authorized position. This position may be filled in the Headquarters located in Oakland, CA. OR may be filled as a permanent remote position in the following counties: Santa Cruz, Monterey, or San Luis Obispo. Candidates must have permanent residence in California to be eligible for a permanent remote position AND must reside in the permanent remote location listed (San Cruz, Monterey, or San Luis Obispo) above at the time employment begins. Please indicate your preferred location(s) in the “Explanation” section of your application (State Application Form – STD.678) or in your Statement of Qualifications. Please note, you must reside within your preferred location(s) in order to accept this position.
To learn more and apply, visit the Cal Careers post here.
Steps to apply:
- Create a CalCareers Account
- Visit the job announcement at:
- Review the Duty Statement (if the duty statement does not open, try opening it in a different internet browser).
- On the Job Control Listing, click Apply Now to launch the CA STD 678, which is the State of California’s official State Application for job vacancies.
- If any, answer questions/prompts on the CA STD 678 and upload all required documents before submitting the application:
- State Application STD 678
- Unofficial Transcripts or Diploma (if applicable)
- Verify that the CA STD 678 has been “Submitted” in your CalCareer account.
Other resources for applying for a job with the State:
Department of General Services: How to Apply for a State Job
CalPERS: How to Apply for a State Job
- Coastal Conservancy Public Meeting in San Rafael – April 06Meeting Notice Douglas Bosco (Public Member), Chair Joy Sterling (Public Member) Marce Gutiérrez-Graudiņš (Public Member) Joseph Alioto Jr. (Public Member) Wade Crowfoot, Secretary for Natural Resources; Bryan Cash (Designated) Donne Brownsey, Coastal Commission Chair; Madeline Cavalieri (Designated) Keely Bosler, Director, Department of Finance; Gayle Miller (Designated) Senate Representatives Benjamin Allen (District 26) Josh Becker (District […] (Read more on Coastal Conservancy Public...)
- Joy Sterling Appointed as Coastal Conservancy MemberYesterday, March 15, 2023, the Senate Rules Committee, chaired by Senate President pro Tempore Toni G. Atkins (D-San Diego), appointed Joy Sterling to the California State Coastal Conservancy. “Joy Sterling is a respected leader in her community and a dedicated advocate for local coastal economies,” said Pro Tem Atkins. “I am confident she will continue […] (Read more on Joy Sterling Appointed...)
- Job Posting: Contracts and Procurement ManagerThe Coastal Conservancy is recruiting for a Staff Service Manager I (SSM I) who will be leading our Contracts & Procurement team to join our team. The State Coastal Conservancy values diversity at all levels of the organization and is committed to fostering an environment in which employees from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal […] (Read more on Job Posting: Contracts...)
Visit the State of California
Department of Public Health online
for all the latest publicly available information
and guidance on the COVID-19 virus