Job Posting: Contracts and Procurement Manager
The Coastal Conservancy is recruiting for a Staff Service Manager I (SSM I) who will be leading our Contracts & Procurement team to join our team.
The State Coastal Conservancy values diversity at all levels of the organization and is committed to fostering an environment in which employees from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed and can thrive. We believe the diversity of our employees and their unique ideas inspire innovative solutions to further our mission of protecting and enhancing California’s coast and ocean for present and future generations.
Under the general direction of the Director of Fiscal Services (SSM II), the SSM I is responsible for the supervision & management of the Conservancy’s contracting, purchasing and outgoing grants functions. This position supervises, trains, and reviews the performance of the Contracts & Procurement staff. Responsibilities are carried out with a significant degree of independence, working independently and in a team, exercising sound judgment, analysis, and discretion. Learn more here.
Final Filing Date 03/30/2023
Steps to apply:
- Create a CalCareers Account
- Visit the job announcement at:
- Review the Duty Statement (if the duty statement does not open, try opening it in a different internet browser).
- On the Job Control Listing, click Apply Now to launch the CA STD 678, which is the State of California’s official State Application for job vacancies.
- If any, answer questions/prompts on the CA STD 678 and upload all required documents before submitting the application:
- State Application STD 678 – make sure to fill out all sections (resume will not be reviewed/considered)
- Unofficial Transcripts or Diploma (if applicable)
- Cover Letter
- Verify that the CA STD 678 has been “Submitted” in your CalCareer account.
Other resources for applying for a job with the State:
Department of General Services: How to Apply for a State Job
CalPERS: How to Apply for a State Job
- Coastal Conservancy Public Meeting in San Rafael – April 06Meeting Notice Douglas Bosco (Public Member), Chair Joy Sterling (Public Member) Marce Gutiérrez-Graudiņš (Public Member) Joseph Alioto Jr. (Public Member) Wade Crowfoot, Secretary for Natural Resources; Bryan Cash (Designated) Donne Brownsey, Coastal Commission Chair; Madeline Cavalieri (Designated) Keely Bosler, Director, Department of Finance; Gayle Miller (Designated) Senate Representatives Benjamin Allen (District 26) Josh Becker (District […] (Read more on Coastal Conservancy Public...)
- Joy Sterling Appointed as Coastal Conservancy MemberYesterday, March 15, 2023, the Senate Rules Committee, chaired by Senate President pro Tempore Toni G. Atkins (D-San Diego), appointed Joy Sterling to the California State Coastal Conservancy. “Joy Sterling is a respected leader in her community and a dedicated advocate for local coastal economies,” said Pro Tem Atkins. “I am confident she will continue […] (Read more on Joy Sterling Appointed...)
- Job Posting: Contracts and Procurement ManagerThe Coastal Conservancy is recruiting for a Staff Service Manager I (SSM I) who will be leading our Contracts & Procurement team to join our team. The State Coastal Conservancy values diversity at all levels of the organization and is committed to fostering an environment in which employees from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal […] (Read more on Job Posting: Contracts...)
Visit the State of California
Department of Public Health online
for all the latest publicly available information
and guidance on the COVID-19 virus