Conflict-of-Interest Code For The State Coastal Conservancy
The Political Reform Act (Government Code §§ 81000, et seq.) requires state and local government agencies to adopt and promulgate conflict-of-interest codes. The Fair Political Practices Commission has adopted a regulation (2 Cal. Code of Regs. § 18730) that contains the terms of a standard conflict-of-interest code, which can be incorporated by reference in an agency’s code. After public notice and hearing, the standard code may be amended by the Fair Political Practices Commission to conform to amendments in the Political Reform Act. Therefore, the terms of 2 Cal. Code of Regs. §18730 and any amendments to it duly adopted the Fair Political Practices Commission are hereby incorporated by reference. This regulation and the attached Appendices, designating officials and employees and establishing disclosure categories, shall constitute the conflict-of-interest code of the California State Coastal Conservancy (Conservancy).
Individuals holding designated positions shall file their statements with the Conservancy, which will make the statements available for public inspection and reproduction. (Gov. Code § 81008). Board Members and the Executive Officer may file electronically using the Fair Political Practices Commission website. All other statements will be retained by the Conservancy.
|Designated Position||Assigned Disclosure Categories|
|Members of the Conservancy, except members identified, below†||1,2|
|Deputy Executive Officer (CEA)||1,2|
|Chief Counsel I, CEA||1,2|
|Conservancy Staff Members in the following categories:|
|Attorney (All Levels)||1,2|
|Public Land Manager Series (All Levels)||1,2|
|Conservancy Project Development Analyst Series (All Levels)||1,2|
|Staff Services Manager I (Contracts and Purchasing Manager)||2|
|Associate Govt. Program Analyst (Incoming Grants Manager)||2|
|Staff Service Manager (Director of Administration)||2|
|Staff Services Analyst (Projects and Board Mtg. Coordinator only)||2|
|Purchasing Agent (non-IT purchases)||2|
|Information Officer Specialist (All Levels)||2|
|Information Systems Analyst (All Levels)||3|
|Consultants, including, but not limited to special project employees||*|
*Consultants shall be included in the list of designated positions and shall disclose pursuant to the broadest disclosure category in the code, subject to the following limitation:
The Executive Officer may determine in writing that a particular consultant, although a “designated position,” is hired to perform a range of duties that is limited in scope and thus is not required to comply with the disclosure requirements described in this section. The Executive Officer’s determination is a public record and shall be retained for public inspection in the same manner and location as this conflict-of-interest code. (Gov. Code § 81008).
†EXEMPT MEMBERS OF THE CONSERVANCY
The Secretary for Natural Resources, Director of Finance, and the Chair of the California Coastal Commission who serve on the Conservancy are not required to file a statement of economic interest under this conflict-of-interest code, pursuant to 2 Cal. Code Regs. § 18730(b), Section 3.
(1) Persons in Category (1) must disclose:
(a) All investments in, positions in business entities and sources of income (including gifts, loans and travel payments) from entities involved in real estate, construction, engineering, landscape architecture or environmental consulting
(b) Income (including gifts, loans, and travel payments) from a non-profit organization that participates in protection, restoration or enhancement of natural resources; environmental education; or public access to natural resources.
(c) All interests in real property which is located within or not more than two miles outside the boundaries of the Conservancy’s jurisdiction: i.e., the area defined by Public Resources Code Section 30103, the nine counties of the San Francisco Bay Area; the Santa Ana River and its tributaries; and any additional operating areas of the Conservancy set forth in Division 21 of the Public Resources Code.
(2) Persons in Category (2) shall disclose any investment in a business entity and sources of income (including gifts, loans, and travel payments), from entities of the type, which contracts with the Conservancy to provide goods, services (including consulting services), materials, travel accommodations or facilities to the Conservancy.
(3) Persons in Category (3) must report all investments and positions in business entities, and income (including gifts, loans, and travel payments) from sources that provide information technology and telecommunications goods or services, including but not limited to computer hardware or software companies, computer consultant services, training, data processing firms, microfilm, and media services.
AUTHORITY: Gov. Code §§ 81008, 87300 and 87306
REFERENCE: Gov. Code §§ 87300, et seq.
- Coastal Conservancy Public Zoom Meeting – September 23, 2021Meeting Notice Douglas Bosco (Public Member), Chair Ann Notthoff (Public Member), Vice Chair Marce Gutiérrez-Graudiņš (Public Member) Joseph Alioto Jr. (Public Member) Wade Crowfoot, Secretary for Natural Resources; Bryan Cash (Designated) Stephen Padilla, Coastal Commission Chair; Alison Dettmer (Designated) Keely Bosler, Director, Department of Finance; Gayle Miller (Designated) Senate Representatives Benjamin Allen (District 26) Josh […] (Read more on Coastal Conservancy Public...)
- San Francisco Bay Area Water Trail Implementation Meeting #38 – September 10, 2021AGENDA September 10, 2021 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. VIRTUAL MEETING ZOOM Meeting Information: For live, online viewing of meeting, go to this address: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/96517077363?pwd=N1NVR0NUQklvSUJEUXErSElVNmdPdz09 Passcode: 869321 To participate remotely by telephone: Dial (for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location): +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose) +1 346 […] (Read more on San Francisco Bay...)
- Job Posting: Staff Services Analyst or Conservancy Program Development Analyst I“Love the California coast and the environment? This might be the job for you!” The position is located in Oakland, CA. Applications received without ALL the required items (state application std. 678, copy of diploma and/or transcripts, and cover letter), will NOT receive further consideration for this position. SCC will fill the vacancy at the Conservancy Program […] (Read more on Job Posting: Staff...)