Coastal Conservancy Public Meeting was held on December 5, 2013
Douglas Bosco (Public Member), Chairman
Marisa Moret (Public Member)
Ann Notthoff (Public Member)
Peter Sadowski (Public Member)
John Laird, Secretary for Natural Resources; Bryan Cash (Designated)
Mary Shallenberger, Coastal Commission Chair; Susan Hansch (Designated)
Michael Cohen, Director, Department of Finance; Karen Finn (Designated)
Anthony Cannella (District 12)
Noreen Evans (District 2)
Jim Beall (District 15)
Luis Alejo (District 30)
Al Muratsuchi (District 66)
Das Williams (District 37)
Sam Schuchat, Executive Officer
Glenn Alex, Legal Counsel
DATE: December 5, 2013
TIME: 1:00 p.m.
LOCATION: Ocean Institute Conference Center
24200 Dana Point Harbor Drive, Dana Point, CA
1. Roll Call
3. CONSENT ITEMS
A. Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization of up to $200,000 to conduct the final three years of monitoring at the Living Shorelines project sites in San Francisco Bay on the San Rafael Shoreline, Marin County, and offshore from Eden Landing Ecological Reserve in Hayward, Alameda County.
4. EXECUTIVE REPORT
A. Update on the San Francisco Bay Restoration Authority
B. How and why we plan
C. Update on our Climate Ready Program
D. Update on Tall Ship – San Salvador – Ray Ashley, Maritime Museum
5. Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $200,000 to the Mountains Recreation and Conservation Authority for acquisition of approximately 104 acres of undeveloped land in Ramirez Canyon for open space, habitat and resource preservation and public access, Santa Monica Mountains, Los Angeles County.
6. Consideration and possible Conservancy approval to accept high bids ($75,000 and $50,000) for the purchase of two Kasler Point Transfer of Development Credits (TDCs), request that the Department of General Services assist in the conveyance of the two TDCs, and authorization for the Executive Officer to negotiate and enter into agreement for and to complete the sale of the Conservancy’s property at Victorine Ranch and to retain the services of a real estate broker to assist in the marketing and sale of the Victorine Ranch property, Big Sur, Monterey County.
7. Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $450,000 of settlement funds from the California Department of Fish and Wildlife to the Monterey Peninsula Water Management District to prepare engineering, permitting, and environmental review documents to improve the intake structure of the Sleepy Hollow Steelhead Rearing Facility located on the Carmel River, Monterey County.
SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA
8. Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $3,016,000 for planning and related work associated with development of Phase II projects of the South Bay Salt Ponds Restoration Project, San Francisco Bay, of which $796,000 will be reimbursed by the United States Environmental Protection Agency.
9. Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $350,000 to the Sonoma Land Trust for the acquisition of the approximately 238-acre Pole Mountain property in western Sonoma County.
10. Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $189,425 to the United States Bureau of Land Management to carry out Phase II access improvements at the Ma-le’l Dunes Cooperative Management Area in Humboldt County.
11. Conservancy Member Comments
12. Public Comment on Non-Agenda Items
13. Closed Session to confer with Conservancy real estate negotiators to give instructions regarding the price and terms of payment for the sale of the Conservancy’s Victorine Ranch Property (Monterey County Assessor’s Parcel Numbers 243-211-025, 243-211-026 and 243-221-019). Executive Session will be closed to the public pursuant to Government Code Section 11126(c)(7).
14. Closed Session: Possible closed session to confer regarding: Malibu-Encinal Homeowners Association v. Mountains Recreation and Conservation Authority, et al, Los Angeles County Superior Court, Case No. BS 431798; Pappas v State of California, Santa Barbara County Superior Court, Case No. 1417388; and other pending litigation; and/or to consider the initiation of litigation. Session will be closed to the public pursuant to Government Code Section 11126(e).
Conservancy Board Tour Information:
The Conservancy will tour the Maddie James Seaside Learning Center located at the Ocean Institute, 24200 Dana Point Harbor Drive, Dana Point, CA beginning at 11:00 am. Please contact Carmen Estrada-Polley at (510) 286-0343 if you plan to participate in the tour.
N.B.: Agenda items may be taken out of sequence at the discretion of the Conservancy. At any time during the meeting, but prior to the adjournment of the open session of the meeting, the Conservancy may recess or adjourn to closed session to consider personnel matters, prices and terms of real estate transactions, and possible and pending litigation. Session will be closed to the public pursuant to attorney-client privilege and statutory authorization under Government Code Sections 11126(a), (c) (7), and (e).
Questions about the meeting or agenda can be directed to Dick Wayman at (510) 286-4182 or at the Conservancy: 1330 Broadway, 13th Floor Oakland, CA 94612
Any person who has a disability and requires reasonable accommodation to participate in this public meeting should contact Mr. Wayman no later than five days prior to meeting.
- Coastal Conservancy Public Zoom Meeting – September 23, 2021Meeting Notice Douglas Bosco (Public Member), Chair Ann Notthoff (Public Member), Vice Chair Marce Gutiérrez-Graudiņš (Public Member) Joseph Alioto Jr. (Public Member) Wade Crowfoot, Secretary for Natural Resources; Bryan Cash (Designated) Stephen Padilla, Coastal Commission Chair; Alison Dettmer (Designated) Keely Bosler, Director, Department of Finance; Gayle Miller (Designated) Senate Representatives Benjamin Allen (District 26) Josh […] (Read more on Coastal Conservancy Public...)
- San Francisco Bay Area Water Trail Implementation Meeting #38 – September 10, 2021AGENDA September 10, 2021 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. VIRTUAL MEETING ZOOM Meeting Information: For live, online viewing of meeting, go to this address: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/96517077363?pwd=N1NVR0NUQklvSUJEUXErSElVNmdPdz09 Passcode: 869321 To participate remotely by telephone: Dial (for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location): +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose) +1 346 […] (Read more on San Francisco Bay...)
- Job Posting: Staff Services Analyst or Conservancy Program Development Analyst I“Love the California coast and the environment? This might be the job for you!” The position is located in Oakland, CA. Applications received without ALL the required items (state application std. 678, copy of diploma and/or transcripts, and cover letter), will NOT receive further consideration for this position. SCC will fill the vacancy at the Conservancy Program […] (Read more on Job Posting: Staff...)