Coastal Conservancy Jobs
The Coastal Conservancy is a small (about 65 employees) agency of the State of California, headquartered in downtown Oakland. Except for its Executive Officer, all employees of the Conservancy are members of the state’s civil service system. All positions are filled through the civil service process. The civil service process (except for non-testing classifications) begins with the completion of a qualifying examination, to establish eligibility prior to submittal of a full application. All exams and job vacancies are posted on CalCareers at www.jobs.ca.gov. To access exams and/or job vacancies with the Conservancy, specifically, please use the links below.
Exams and job vacancies with the State Coastal Conservancy: use this link.
3 Steps To A State Job: use this link.
State of California exams and job postings: www.jobs.ca.gov
Information on employment with the State of CA www.calhr.ca.gov
The Coastal Conservancy hosts fellows from several programs. If you are interested in a fellowship, consider applying to these programs:
- Americorps CivicSpark and Climate Action Fellows LINK TO: https://civicspark.lgc.org/join-civicspark/fellow/
- Coro Fellows LINK TO http://www.corofellowship.org/
- Sea Grant Fellows LINK TO https://seagrant.noaa.gov/graduate-fellowships
- NOAA Coastal Management Fellows LINK TO Fellowships (noaa.gov)
- Job Posting: Central Coast Deputy Program Manager“Love the Coast, the environment, and managing people? This might be the job for you!” The State Coastal Conservancy has an exciting opportunity for you to join us in protecting California’s iconic lands and waters, restoring vital habitats, and increasing inclusive and equitable enjoyment of the coast and shoreline. The Conservancy works with others on […] (Read more on Job Posting: Central...)
- Job Posting: Budget Analyst“Love the California coast and the environment and working with numbers/budgets? This might be the job for you!” The position is located in Oakland, CA. Applications received without ALL the required items, will NOT receive further consideration for this position. (state application). Resumes will NOT be reviewed. The State Coastal Conservancy is hiring an Associate Budget Analyst. Under the […] (Read more on Job Posting: Budget...)
- Request For Services: Organizational Development & Interim Executive Director for the Great Redwood Trail AgencyThis request for services seeks consultant assistance to support organization development and interim staffing of the Great Redwood Trail Agency (GRTA). The goal of this contract would be to support the GRTA with organizational development during a start-up period of two years during which time the contractor would work with the GRTA Board of Directors […] (Read more on Request For Services:...)