Job Posting: Accountant Trainee
“Love the California coast, the environment, and accounting? This might be the job for you! SCC Accounting Unit is seeking for two highly motivated individuals to work as an Accountant Trainee.”
This is a repost. If you have already applied for this job vacancy, your application is still being considered. You do not need to resubmit an application.
The State Coastal Conservancy (SCC) values diversity at all levels of the organization and is committed to fostering an environment in which employees from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed and can thrive. We believe the diversity of our employees and their unique ideas inspire innovative solutions to further our mission of protecting and enhancing California’s coast and ocean for present and future generations.
The position reports to SCC Headquarter office located in Oakland, CA, and is eligible for telework 3 days a week, in accordance with SCC’s Telework Policy, and will be required to report to the office as needed/required. The successful candidate must reside in California upon appointment.
Under the direct supervision of the Accounting Administrator I, along with the direction and guidance of the Accounting Lead, the incumbent performs difficult technical and professional accounting work within the accounting unit of the Conservancy.
New to State candidates will be hired into the minimum salary of the classification or minimum of alternate range when applicable. The salary range for this position is $4,065.00 – $4,847.00 per month.
You will find additional information about the job in the Duty Statement.
Steps to apply:
- Create a CalCareers Account
- Visit the job announcement at:
- Review the Duty Statement (download).
- On the Job Control Listing, click Apply Now to launch the CA STD 678, which is the State of California’s official State Application for job vacancies.
- If any, answer questions/prompts on the CA STD 678 and upload all required documents before submitting the application.
- Verify that the CA STD 678 has been “Submitted” in your CalCareer account.
Other resources for applying for a job with the State:
- Notice of Intention to amend the Conflict of Interest Code of the State Coastal ConservancyThe Coastal Conservancy proposes to amend its conflict of interest code to include employee positions that involve the making or participation in the making of decisions that may foreseeably have a material effect on any financial interest, as set forth in subdivision (a) of section 87302 of the Government Code. The amendment carries out the […] (Read more on Notice of Intention...)
- Press Release: State Coastal Conservancy Awards $84 Million for Climate Resilience, Public Access, Habitat Restoration, and Wildfire ResilienceLast week, the Board of the State Coastal Conservancy authorized funding totaling $84 million for projects to protect and restore coastal lands, increase coastal resilience to climate change, improve public access to the coast, and reduce the impact of wildfire on coastal lands. Grants awarded include: $5,552,800 to the Redwood Community Action Agency to restore 350 […] (Read more on Press Release: State...)
- San Francisco Bay Area Water Trail Implementation Meeting #41 – September 29, 2023, 10am – 12pmAGENDA September 29, 2023 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. HYBRID MEETING Zoom Meeting Information: Please join us on Zoom at this link: https://scc-ca-gov.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZYkf-GtrDgjGtwqmo305QFC6HGMco5kob-0 Physical Meeting Location: Claremont Room, 375 Beale Street, San Francisco CA 94105 If you are planning to attend in person, please email Ben.email@example.com in advance so we know to expect you. We […] (Read more on San Francisco Bay...)