Coastal Conservancy Public Meeting Notice, March 27, 2014
Douglas Bosco (Public Member), Chairman
Marisa Moret (Public Member)
Ann Notthoff (Public Member)
Peter Sadowski (Public Member)
Steve Kinsey, Coastal Commission Chair
Bryan Cash for Natural Resources (Designated)
Karen Finn, Department of Finance (Designated)
Anthony Cannella (District 12)
Noreen Evans (District 2)
Jerry Hill (District 13)
Luis Alejo (District 30)
Al Muratsuchi (District 66)
Das Williams (District 37)
Sam Schuchat, Executive Officer
Amy Roach, Legal Counsel
DATE: March 27, 2014
TIME: 1:30 pm
LOCATION: City of Pacifica – Council Chambers
2212 Beach Blvd.
1. Roll Call.
3. CONSENT ITEMS
A. Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization for the Association of Bay Area Governments (ABAG) to disburse up to $120,000 of previously granted Conservancy funds to the Napa County Regional Park and Open Space District to construct 0.8 miles of multi-use public trail between the cities of Napa and American Canyon, Napa County.
B. Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $20,700 to the University of Southern California Sea Grant Program to provide training sessions that will build the capacity of coastal communities in the southern California area to understand and plan for the impacts of climate change, Los Angeles County.
C. Consideration and possible Conservancy adoption of updated San Francisco Bay Area Integrated Regional Water Management Plan.
4. EXECUTIVE OFFICER’S REPORT
A Overview and accomplishments of the Conservancy’s partnership with the Resource Conservation District of Santa Cruz County
B. Resolution honoring Karen Christensen, Executive Director, Resource Conservation District of Santa Cruz
C. Strategic Plan Update
D. Legislative Report
SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA
5. Consideration and possible Conservancy recommendation to the Metropolitan Transportation Commission that thirteen resource protection and public access projects be included in the Priority Conservation Area Grant Program for Alameda, Contra Costa, Santa Clara, San Mateo, and San Francisco Counties.
6. Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to enter into a Joint Powers Agreement (JPA) with the San Francisco Bay Restoration Authority (“the Authority”) and the Association of Bay Area Governments (“ABAG”) pursuant to which ABAG and the Conservancy will implement the Authority’s San Francisco Bay grant program.
7. Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $1,500,000 to the Mountains Recreation and Conservation Authority to acquire 703 acres of undeveloped land in Puerco Canyon, for open space, habitat and resource preservation, and public access in the Santa Monica Mountains, Los Angeles County.
(THIS AGENDA ITEM HAS BEEN POSTPONED TO A LATER DATE.)
8. CLOSED SESSIONS:
Possible closed session:
A. To give direction to the Conservancy’s real estate negotiators regarding the price and terms of payment for the sale of the Conservancy’s Victorine Ranch Property (Monterey County Assessor’s Parcel Numbers 243-211-025, 243-211-026 and 243-221-019). Session will be closed pursuant to Government Code Section 11126 (c) (7).
B. To confer regarding pending litigation or anticipated litigation (Malibu-Encinal Homeowners Association v. Mountains Recreation and Conservation Authority, et al, Los Angeles County Superior Court, Case No. BS 431798; Pappas v State of California, Santa Barbara County Superior Court, Case No. 1417388; and other pending litigation; and/or to consider the initiation of litigation). Session will be closed to the public pursuant to Government Code Section 11126(e).
9. Conservancy Member Comments.
10. Public Comment on Non-Agenda Items.
N.B.: Agenda items may be taken out of sequence at the discretion of the Conservancy. At any time during the meeting, but prior to the adjournment of the open session of the meeting, the Conservancy may recess or adjourn to closed session to consider personnel matters, prices and terms of real estate transactions, and possible and pending litigation. Session will be closed to the public pursuant to attorney-client privilege and statutory authorization under Government Code Sections 11126(a), (c) (7), and (e).
Questions about the meeting or agenda can be directed to Dick Wayman at (510) 286-4182 at the Conservancy: 1330 Broadway, 13th Floor, Oakland, CA 94612
Any person who has a disability and requires reasonable accommodation to participate in this public meeting should contact Mr. Wayman no later than five days prior to meeting.
CONSERVANCY BOARD TOUR: March 27,2014
The Conservancy will participate in the ribbon-cutting ceremony for the new 1.3-mile segment of the California Coastal Trail at Devil’s Slide at 11:00 am. Following the ribbon-cutting, the Conservancy will walk the length of the trail, from north to south. The ceremony, which is being organized by the San Mateo County Parks Department, will be held at the Devil’s Slide Trail north parking lot, south of Pacifica and just before the tunnel.
The Conservancy tour following the ribbon-cutting is open to the public, but parking at the Devil’s Slide Trail lot will be restricted during the ceremony. To participate in a shuttle to the site, please contact Carmen Estrada-Polley at (510) 286-0343 by March 21, 2014.
- 2022 Explore the Coast Grants Application Period Now OpenThe California State Coastal Conservancy announces the availability of grants to public agencies, federally-recognized tribes and indigenous communities, and nonprofit organizations for programs that facilitate and enhance the public’s opportunities to explore California’s spectacular coast and San Francisco Bay shoreline. The ocean, coast, and beaches have long been recognized and used as spaces of joy, […] (Read more on 2022 Explore the...)
- Job Posting: Senior Staff CounselThe position is located in Oakland, CA. **Once a significant candidate pool is received, an internal cutoff period will be established and interviews will be scheduled, and only the most qualified candidates will be invited to the interview** Applications received without ALL the required items, will NOT receive further consideration for this position. (Cover letter, state application, resume […] (Read more on Job Posting: Senior...)
- Job Posting: Staff Counsel**Once a significant candidate pool is received, an internal cutoff period will be established and interviews will be scheduled, and only the most qualified candidates will be invited to the interview** Applications received without ALL the required items, will NOT receive further consideration for this position. (Cover letter, state application, resume and a writing sample you have authored) […] (Read more on Job Posting: Staff...)