Coastal Conservancy Public Meeting Notice, May 29, 2014
Douglas Bosco (Public Member), Chairman
Sara Ramirez Giroux (Public Member)
Ann Notthoff (Public Member)
Peter Sadowski (Public Member)
John Laird, Secretary for Natural Resources; Bryan Cash (Designated)
Steve Kinsey, Coastal Commission Chair; Susan Hansch (Designated)
Michael Cohen, Director, Department of Finance; Karen Finn (Designated)
Anthony Cannella (District 12)
Noreen Evans (District 2)
Jerry Hill (District 13)
Luis Alejo (District 30)
Al Muratsuchi (District 66)
Das Williams (District 37)
Sam Schuchat, Executive Officer
Glenn Alex, Legal Counsel
DATE: May 29, 2014
TIME: 10 a.m.
LOCATION: State Capitol, Room 447
1315 10th Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
1. Roll Call.
2. Approval of the Minutes of the Conservancy’s March 27, 2014 public meeting.
3. CONSENT ITEMS
A. Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $246,000 to the Coastside Land Trust to construct a wheelchair-accessible segment of the California Coastal Trail at the Wavecrest Property in Half Moon Bay, San Mateo County.
B. Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to augment the Conservancy’s October 21, 2010 authorization with up to $65,000 in additional funds to complete the Baylands Ecosystem Habitat Goals Technical Update, pertaining to the San Francisco Bay.
C. Consideration and possible authorization to disburse up to $67,000 to American Rivers to design and prepare for implementation of three fish passage improvement projects on two San Francisquito Creek tributaries: Bear Creek and Los Trancos Creek in Woodside and Portola Valley,respectively, in San Mateo County.
D. Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $168,000 to the City of Albany, Alameda County, to develop a plan for improving the Albany Neck and Bulb to enable this area to become part of McLaughlin Eastshore State Park.
E. Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $107,000 to the Santa Clara County Open Space Authority to construct a staging/parking area and connecting trail for the San Francisco Bay Area Ridge Trail at the Sierra Vista Open Space Preserve in Santa Clara County.
F. Authorization to disburse up to $1,820,000 in federal grant funds from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service for the Invasive Spartina Projectfor two years of planning, mapping, implementation, and monitoring activities for revegetation and enhancement projects at multiple sites in the San
G. Authorization to disburse up to $518,785 from a U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service National Coastal Wetland Conservation grant to Ducks Unlimited,Inc. for the restoration of wetlands at Inner Bair Island, Redwood City, San Mateo County.
H. Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $500,000 to the City of Berkeley to construct an extension to the Berkeley Bay Trail (a spur trail of the San Francisco Bay Trail) and make improvements to the parking lot and windsurf staging area at the South Sailing Cove in the Berkeley Marina, Alameda County.
I. Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $45,000 to the Catalina Island Conservancy to implement a signage program along the trail system on Santa Catalina Island, Los Angeles County.
J. Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to approve the Community Wetland Restoration Program 2014 grants, pursuant to its August 2,2012 authorization for funds to Earth Island Institute for the Community Wetland Restoration Grant Program, as follows, with the indicated maximum amounts:
a. $29,000 to the Santa Barbara Zoo for the Andree Clark Bird Refuge Wetland Margin Enhancement Project, Santa Barbara County.
b. $30,000 to Fillmore Unified School District for the Santa Clara River Student Restoration Project, Ventura County.
c. $10,900 to TreePeople for the Topanga Lagoon Filter Strip Restoration Project, Los Angeles County.
d. $15,000 to Orange County Coastkeeper for the Upper Newport Bay Eelgrass Restoration Project, Orange County.
e. $29,400 to The Earth Discovery Institute for the Earth Discovery Institute Explorers: A Force for Blue project, San Diego County.
f. $26,000 to the California Invasive Plant Council for the Early Detection Rapid Eradication of Specific Invasive Non-Native Plants in Wetlands
project, San Diego County.
4. EXECUTIVE OFFICER’S REPORT
A. Consideration and possible adoption of a resolution honoring the service of Marisa Moret as a Member of the Conservancy.
B. Report on Conservancy’s sustainable water projects in Los Angeles
C. Legislative Report
D. Consideration and adoption of revised meeting schedule for 2014
5. Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $200,000 to the Mattole Salmon Group for planning and habitat restoration activities, including final design and permitting for off-channel slough restoration, and installing large wood structures and planting riparian vegetation in the lower estuary for the purpose of improving salmonid habitat in the Mattole River estuary, Humboldt County.
6. Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $4,000,000 to the Land Conservancy of San Luis Obispo County for the acquisition of the Pismo Preserve propertylocated adjacent to the City of Pismo Beach in San Luis Obispo County.
SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA
7. Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $1,000,000 to the Association of Bay Area Governments to fund design and implementation of projects to complete the San Francisco Bay Trail.
8. Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $1,000,000 to the Santa Clara County Open Space Authority to acquire the 1,831-acre UTC Coyote Ridge Property, Santa Clara County.
9. Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $500,000 to San Francisco Recreation and Park Department to complete a conceptual park plan for the bay-front properties at 700 and 900 Innes Ave.in India Basin in the City and County of San Francisco.
10. Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $500,000 to San Mateo County Department of Parks to acquire the 174-acre Loma Mar property adjacent to Memorial County Park, for open space, habitat and resource preservation, and public access in the Santa Cruz
Mountains, San Mateo County.
11. Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $185,000 to The Nature Conservancy to work with the Metropolitan Transportation Commission to conduct technical analyses, perform outreach and develop program guidelines for a pilot Bay Area Regional Advance Mitigation Program.
12. Authorization to disburse up to $843,000 to the Ojai Valley Land Conservancy to acquire and complete a stewardship plan for the 29.38 acre Hatton property along the Ventura River, in unincorporated Ventura County.
13. Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $460,000 to the San Diego Audubon Society to develop a conceptual plan for the Mission Bay wetlands in San Diego County.
14. Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $297,000 to Community Conservation Solutions for the Green Solution Project: Upper LA River Watershed, Phase IV to evaluate the storm water capture and water quality improvement projects identified in previous phasesof the Project by quantifying and incorporating these projects’ water supply, energy savings, and greenhouse gas emission reduction benefits in Los Angeles County.
15. Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $1,500,000 to the Mountains Recreation and Conservation Authority to acquire 703 acres of undeveloped land in Puerco Canyon, for open space, habitat and resource preservation, and public access in the Santa Monica
Mountains, Los Angeles County.
16. CLOSED SESSIONS:
Possible closed session:
A. To confer regarding pending litigation or anticipated litigation (Malibu-Encinal Homeowners Association v. Mountains Recreation and Conservation Authority, et al, Los Angeles County Superior Court, Case No. BS 431798; Pappas v State of California, Santa Barbara County Superior Court, Case No. 1417388; and other pending litigation; and/or to consider the initiation of litigation). Session will be closed to the public pursuant to Government Code Section 11126(e).
B. To give direction to the Conservancy’s real estate negotiators regarding the price and terms of payment for the sale of the Conservancy’s Victorine Ranch Property (Monterey County Assessor’s Parcel Numbers 243-211-025, 243-211-026 and 243-221-019). Session will be closed pursuant to Government Code Section 11126(c)(7).
17. CONSERVANCY MEMBER COMMENTS.
18. PUBLIC COMMENTS ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS.
N.B.: Agenda items may be taken out of sequence at the discretion of the Conservancy. At any time during the meeting, but prior to the adjournment of the open session of the meeting, the Conservancy may recess or adjourn to closed session to consider personnel matters, prices and terms of real estate transactions, and possible and pending litigation. Session will be closed to the public pursuant to attorney-client privilege and statutory authorization under Government Code Sections 11126(a), (c) (7), and (e).
Questions about the meeting or agenda can be directed to Dick Wayman at (510) 286-4182 or at the Conservancy:
1330 Broadway, 13th Floor
Oakland, CA 94612
Any person who has a disability and requires reasonable accommodation to participate in this public meeting should contact Mr. Wayman no later than five days prior to meeting.
- Coastal Conservancy Public Zoom Meeting – September 23, 2021Meeting Notice Douglas Bosco (Public Member), Chair Ann Notthoff (Public Member), Vice Chair Marce Gutiérrez-Graudiņš (Public Member) Joseph Alioto Jr. (Public Member) Wade Crowfoot, Secretary for Natural Resources; Bryan Cash (Designated) Stephen Padilla, Coastal Commission Chair; Alison Dettmer (Designated) Keely Bosler, Director, Department of Finance; Gayle Miller (Designated) Senate Representatives Benjamin Allen (District 26) Josh […] (Read more on Coastal Conservancy Public...)
- San Francisco Bay Area Water Trail Implementation Meeting #38 – September 10, 2021AGENDA September 10, 2021 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. VIRTUAL MEETING ZOOM Meeting Information: For live, online viewing of meeting, go to this address: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/96517077363?pwd=N1NVR0NUQklvSUJEUXErSElVNmdPdz09 Passcode: 869321 To participate remotely by telephone: Dial (for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location): +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose) +1 346 […] (Read more on San Francisco Bay...)
- Job Posting: Staff Services Analyst or Conservancy Program Development Analyst I“Love the California coast and the environment? This might be the job for you!” The position is located in Oakland, CA. Applications received without ALL the required items (state application std. 678, copy of diploma and/or transcripts, and cover letter), will NOT receive further consideration for this position. SCC will fill the vacancy at the Conservancy Program […] (Read more on Job Posting: Staff...)