State Coastal Conservancy Teleconference Meeting, July 16, 2014
State Coastal Conservancy Teleconference Meeting, July 16, 2014, 11:30 a.m.
Douglas Bosco (Public Member), Chairman
Sara Ramirez Giroux (Public Member)
Ann Notthoff (Public Member)
Peter Sadowski (Public Member)
John Laird, Secretary for Natural Resources; Bryan Cash (Designated)
Steve Kinsey Coastal Commission Chair; Susan Hansch (Designated)
Michael Cohen, Director, Department of Finance; Karen Finn (Designated)
Anthony Cannella (District 12)
Noreen Evans (District 2)
Jerry Hill (District 13)
Luis Alejo (District 30)
Al Muratsuchi (District 66)
Das Williams (District 37)
Sam Schuchat, Executive Officer
Jeannette MacMillan, Legal Counsel
11th Floor Conference Room
Oakland, CA 94612
1416 Ninth St., Room 1311
Sacramento, CA 95814
3501 Civic Center Dr., Room 329
San Rafael, CA 94903
1. Roll Call
2. Approval of the Minutes of the Conservancy’s May 29, 2014 public meeting.
3. Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $275,339 for information technology services to develop an “Explore the Coast” mobile-optimized website for the State of California.
4. CONSERVANCY MEMBER COMMENTS
5. PUBLIC COMMENTS ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS.
N.B.: Agenda items may be taken out of sequence at the discretion of the Conservancy. At any time during the meeting, but prior to the adjournment of the open session of the meeting, the Conservancy may recess or adjourn to closed session to consider personnel matters, prices and terms of real estate transactions, and possible and pending litigation. Session will be closed to the public pursuant to attorney-client privilege and statutory authorization under Government Code Sections 11126(a), (c) (7), and (e).
Questions about the meeting or agenda can be directed to Dick Wayman at (510) 286-4182 or at the Conservancy: 1330 Broadway, 13th Floor, Oakland, CA
Any person who has a disability and requires reasonable accommodation to participate in this public meeting at any one of the noticed locations should contact Mr. Wayman no later than five days prior to meeting.
- Coastal Conservancy Adopts Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Guidelines; Awards $7.8 Million for Coastal Restoration, Preservation and Public AccessOakland, CA – This week, the Board of the California State Coastal Conservancy unanimously adopted guidelines for Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (JEDI) and awarded $7.8 million to 13 projects to protect and restore the California coast and San Francisco Bay, and increase public access to these natural resources. The JEDI Guidelines will steer […] (Read more on Coastal Conservancy Adopts...)
- San Francisco Bay Area Water Trail Implementation Meeting #34 – September 18, 2020AGENDA 10:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Location – VIRTUAL MEETING Please click this URL to join Zoom webinar: https://zoom.us/j/92189490950?pwd=WGdYQ0RZeHlwZEZuMitweWJtWmZqZz09 Passcode: 870128 Or join by phone: Dial (for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location): +1 669 900 6833 or; +1 253 215 8782 or; +1 346 248 7799 Webinar ID: 921 […] (Read more on San Francisco Bay...)
- Proposition 68, Tijuana River Border Pollution Control RFP, due October 15, 2020The Coastal Conservancy is a state agency, established in 1976, to work proactively with local communities to implement multi-benefit projects that protect and enhance coastal resources. The Conservancy’s enabling legislation is Division 21 of the Public Resources Code, which can be found here. Division 21 authorizes the Conservancy to undertake projects and award grants to […] (Read more on Proposition 68, Tijuana...)