Coastal Conservancy Public Meeting Notice, October 2, 2014
Douglas Bosco (Public Member), Chairman
Sara Ramirez Giroux (Public Member)
Ann Notthoff (Public Member)
Peter Sadowski (Public Member)
John Laird, Secretary for Natural Resources; Bryan Cash (Designated)
Steve Kinsey, Coastal Commission Chair; Susan Hansch (Designated)
Michael Cohen, Director, Department of Finance; Karen Finn (Designated)
Anthony Cannella (District 12)
Noreen Evans (District 2)
Jerry Hill (District 13)
Luis Alejo (District 30)
Al Murastsuchi (District 66)
Das Williams (District 37)
Sam Schuchat, Executive Officer
Jack Judkins, Legal Counsel
DATE: October 2, 2014
TIME: 9:00 am
LOCATION: Ferndale City Hall Auditorium, 834 Main St, Ferndale, CA
1. Roll Call.
2. Approval of the Minutes of the Conservancy’s July 16, 2014 teleconference public meeting.
3. CONSENT ITEMS
A. Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $25,000 to the University of Southern California Sea Grant Program to provide surveys of beach profile changes and high-water mark data along Santa Monica Bay, Los Angeles County.
B. Consideration and possible Conservancy augmentation of the Conservancy’s June 20, 2013 authorization by authorizing the disbursement of additional funding of up to $400,500 to the County of San Bernardino to continue with engineering and design for a segment of the Santa Ana River Parkway Trail in the City of Redlands, San Bernardino County.
C. Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $230,000 to Ducks Unlimited, Inc. for applied scientific studies associated with implementation of Phase I projects of the South Bay Salt Ponds Restoration Project in Alameda County.
D. Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $200,000 to the Northwest California Resource Conservation and Development Council (“Council”) in order to design at least four fish passage and habitat quality improvement projects in Del Norte, Humboldt, Mendocino and Trinity counties.
E. Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $100,000 to the County of San Diego to develop a public use feasibility study for the Tijuana River Valley Regional Park in San Diego, San Diego County.
F. Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse $40,000 in grant funds from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and to disburse an additional $45,000 of Coastal Conservancy funds, for a total authorization of up to $85,000 to the Trinidad Coastal Land Trust for acquisition of the 14-acre Little River Property, located south of Trinidad, Humboldt County, for purposes of open space, habitat protection and public access.
G. Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $15,000 to Moat Creek Managing Agency to operate and maintain public access improvements at Moat Creek Beach and along the Moat Creek segment of the California Coastal Trail in Mendocino County.
4. Executive Officer’s Report
A. Report on Humboldt Bay Regional Sea Level Rise Adaptation Planning
B. Consideration and possible approval of 2015 Conservancy meeting schedule
C. Consideration and possible Conservancy adoption of an additional project selection criterion
D. Financial Report
E. Legislative Report
5. Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $600,000 to Trout Unlimited in order to remediate the fish passage barrier on Fish Creek, tributary to the South Fork Eel River in Humboldt County.
6. Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $357,500 to the United States Department of the Interior, Bureau of Land Management, to construct public access improvements in the Lost Coast Headlands Management Area, Humboldt County; adoption of a federal Finding of No Significant Impact for the project, consistent with the California Environmental Quality Act.
7. Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $125,000 to the City of Crescent City to construct access improvements including a stairway and ramp to the beach at Beachfront Park, in Crescent City, Del Norte County.
SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA
8. Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $250,000 to the Sonoma Land Trust to develop a plan for the reuse of the 934-acre Sonoma Developmental Center campus, including a strategy to protect habitat, natural resources and public access, in Sonoma Valley, County of Sonoma.
9. Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $750,000 to the County of San Luis Obispo to renovate the Cayucos pier in San Luis Obispo County.
10. Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $250,000 to the County of Santa Cruz to implement access improvements at Twin Lakes Beach, Santa Cruz County.
11. Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $550,000 to the Southwest Wetlands Interpretive Association to implement the Seal Beach National Wildlife Refuge Thin-layer Salt Marsh Sediment Augmentation Pilot Project at the Seal Beach National Wildlife Refuge in the City of Seal Beach in Orange County, and adoption of the related Mitigated Negative Declaration and Mitigation Monitoring and Reporting Program.
12. Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $300,000 to The Ocean Foundation to develop a restoration plan for the Aliso Creek Estuary, Orange County.
13. CLOSED SESSIONS:
Possible closed session:
A. To confer regarding pending litigation or anticipated litigation (Malibu-Encinal Homeowners Association v. Mountains Recreation and Conservation Authority, et al, Los Angeles County Superior Court, Case No. BS 431798; Pappas v State of California, Santa Barbara County Superior Court, Case No. 1417388; and other pending litigation; and/or to consider the initiation of litigation). Session will be closed to the public pursuant to Government Code Section 11126(e).
B. To give direction to the Conservancy’s real estate negotiators regarding the price and terms of payment for the sale of the Conservancy’s Victorine Ranch Property (Monterey County Assessor’s Parcel Numbers 243-211-025, 243-211-026 and 243-221-019). Session will be closed pursuant to Government Code Section 11126(c)(7).
14. CONSERVANCY MEMBER COMMENTS
15. PUBLIC COMMENTS ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS.
October 1, 2014 Conservancy Tour:
The Conservancy Board tour of Salt River will begin at 2:30 pm. Please meet at 2:00 pm at the Victorian Inn, 400 Ocean Ave., Ferndale, CA to caravan to Salt River. Members of the public are welcome and must provide their own transportation.
N.B.:Agenda items may be taken out of sequence at the discretion of the Conservancy. At any time during the meeting, but prior to the adjournment of the open session of the meeting, the Conservancy may recess or adjourn to closed session to consider personnel matters, prices and terms of real estate transactions, and possible and pending litigation. Session will be closed to the public pursuant to attorney-client privilege and statutory authorization under Government Code Sections 11126(a), (c) (7), and (e).
Questions about the meeting or agenda can be directed to Dick Wayman at (510) 286-4182 or at the Conservancy: 1330 Broadway, 13th Floor Oakland, CA 94612
Any person who has a disability and requires reasonable accommodation to participate in this public meeting should contact Mr. Wayman no later than five days prior to meeting.
- Coastal Conservancy Public Zoom Meeting – September 23, 2021Meeting Notice Douglas Bosco (Public Member), Chair Ann Notthoff (Public Member), Vice Chair Marce Gutiérrez-Graudiņš (Public Member) Joseph Alioto Jr. (Public Member) Wade Crowfoot, Secretary for Natural Resources; Bryan Cash (Designated) Stephen Padilla, Coastal Commission Chair; Alison Dettmer (Designated) Keely Bosler, Director, Department of Finance; Gayle Miller (Designated) Senate Representatives Benjamin Allen (District 26) Josh […] (Read more on Coastal Conservancy Public...)
- San Francisco Bay Area Water Trail Implementation Meeting #38 – September 10, 2021AGENDA September 10, 2021 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. VIRTUAL MEETING ZOOM Meeting Information: For live, online viewing of meeting, go to this address: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/96517077363?pwd=N1NVR0NUQklvSUJEUXErSElVNmdPdz09 Passcode: 869321 To participate remotely by telephone: Dial (for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location): +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose) +1 346 […] (Read more on San Francisco Bay...)
- Job Posting: Staff Services Analyst or Conservancy Program Development Analyst I“Love the California coast and the environment? This might be the job for you!” The position is located in Oakland, CA. Applications received without ALL the required items (state application std. 678, copy of diploma and/or transcripts, and cover letter), will NOT receive further consideration for this position. SCC will fill the vacancy at the Conservancy Program […] (Read more on Job Posting: Staff...)