February Board Meeting 2004
Paul Morabito (Public Member), Chairman
Douglas Bosco (Public Member)
Jeremy M. Hallisey (Public Member)
Gary A. Hernandez (Public Member)
Donna Arduin (Director, Department of Finance); Fred Klass (Designated)
Mike Reilly (Chair, California Coastal Commission); Susan Hansch (Designated)
Mike Chrisman (Secretary for Resources); Mike Spear (Designated)
Senate Representatives Assembly Representatives
Wesley Chesbro (District 2) Hannah-Beth Jackson (District 35)
Betty Karnette (District 27) John Laird (District 27)
Bruce McPherson (District 15) Fran Pavley (District 41)
Sam Schuchat, Executive Officer
Pat Peterson, Deputy Attorney General
DATE: Thursday, February 19, 2004
TIME: 1:00 p.m.
LOCATIONS: Conference Room Conference Room
State Coastal Conservancy Resources Agency
1330 Broadway, 11th Floor 1416 9th Street, #1305
Oakland, California Sacramento, California
Sonnenschein Nath & Rosenthal LLP First Floor Conference Room
685 Market Street, 6th Floor City Hall
San Francisco, California 505 Forest Avenue
Laguna Beach, California
- Roll Call
- Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $700,000 to Los Angeles County Department of Beaches and Harbors to construct beach access improvements at Dan Blocker Beach in Malibu.
- Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $400,000 to Heal the Bay to undertake riparian and fisheries habitat restoration and enhancement activities along Malibu Creek within the Malibu Creek Watershed in Los Angeles County.
- Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $450,000 to the Ojai Valley Land Conservancy for acquisition of interests in the Confluence property as part of the Ventura River Parkway in Ventura County.
San Francisco Bay
- Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $160,000 to the California Wildlife Conservation Board for the acquisition of the 242-acre Stanly Ranch Wetlands Property along the Napa River in Napa County.
- Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $2,200,000 to the East Bay Regional Park District toward its acquisition of the 673-acre Gleason property adjacent to Las Trampas Regional Wilderness in Contra Costa County.
- Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $350,000 to the Land Conservancy of San Luis Obispo County to prepare engineering designs, environmental documentation, and permit applications for fish passage improvement projects in San Luis Obispo County coastal streams.
- Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $1,160,000 to the Wildlife Conservation Board for acquisition of the ±289-acre Buena Vista Property in the Watsonville Slough watershed, Santa Cruz County.
- Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $300,000 to the County of Santa Cruz to conduct site studies and environmental analysis, and to prepare applications to the State Water Resources Control Board for permits to appropriate water from streams on Coast Dairies property in Santa Cruz County for the irrigation of farmland.
Other and Consent
- Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $250,000 to the Center for Ecosystem Management and Restoration to prepare the Central and South Coast Fishery Habitat Inventory for use in the development of strategic salmonid recovery projects in the counties of Santa Cruz, Monterey, San Benito, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, Ventura, Los Angeles, Orange, and San Diego.
- Consideration and possible Conservancy action on the following Consent Items:
- Authorization to disburse up to $75,000 to Greenbelt Alliance to develop a regional plan and map for land conservation in collaboration with Central Coast land trusts.
- Authorization to disburse up to $300,000 of California Bay Delta Authority grant funds to the Natural Heritage Institute for restoration planning activities as part of the Dutch Slough Project in Contra Costa County.
- Authorization to disburse up to $16,500 to Greenbelt Alliance to undertake a feasibility study, including a detailed scope of work and budget, for an upland habitat goals analysis for the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Authorization to redirect the balance of funds previously authorized to Coastal Land Trust in June 2001 to acquire an additional parcel at Seaside Beach (Seaside Meadow), to conduct management planning and design tasks for Seaside Beach and Meadow; Mendocino County.
- Authorization to expand the scope of Conservancy-funded enhancement activities in the Mattole River watershed, in southern Humboldt and northern Mendocino Counties, to include implementation of upslope habitat-improvement projects.
- Authorization to disburse up to $50,000 to Adopt-A-Watershed to carry out a program of watershed education designed for students in grades kindergarten through 12.
- Executive Officer’s Report
- Consideration and possible Conservancy adoption of a policy regarding education grants.
- Consideration and possible adoption of findings regarding Laguna Coast Wilderness Park in Orange County, pursuant to Section 5096.3075 of the Safe Neighborhood Parks, Clean Water, Clean Air, and Coastal Protection Bond Act of 2000 (Proposition 12).
- Deputy Attorney General’s Report
- Litigation Summary
- Board Member Comments
- Public Comments
- Possible closed session to confer with counsel regarding Balkanski v. State Coastal Conservancy, Monterey County Superior Court Case No. M59080; City of Malibu and David Geffen v. Access for All, California Coastal Commission, California Coastal Conservancy, et al., Los Angeles Superior Court Case No. BC277034; Serra Canyon Co. LTD v. California Coastal Commission, California Coastal Conservancy, et al., Los Angeles Superior Court Case No. SCO 73699; Colony Beach Preservation Assn. v. California Coastal Commission, Los Angeles Superior Court Case No. BS 083683; California State Coastal Conservancy and California Coastal Commission v. City of Trinidad and John Frame, Humboldt County Superior Court No. CV030643; and other pending litigation; and/or to consider the initiation of litigation. Session will be closed to the public pursuant to Government Code Section 11126(e).
- Possible closed session to confer with and give instruction to staff negotiators regarding negotiations with the Hearst Corporation pertaining to exploration of potential acquisition of property interests at the Hearst Ranch, San Luis Obispo County. Session will be closed to the public pursuant to Government Code Section 11126(c)(7).
N.B.: This Meeting Notice and Tentative Agenda may be found on the Internet at:
N.B.: Following or at any time during the meeting, the Conservancy may recess or adjourn to closed session to consider personnel matters, prices and terms of real estate transactions and possible and pending litigation. Session will be closed to the public pursuant to attorney‑client privilege and statutory authorization under Government Code Section 11126(a), (c)(7) and (e).
For more information, contact Dick Wayman at the Conservancy:
1330 Broadway, 11th Floor
Oakland, CA 94612 (510) 286‑4182
Next Meeting: Thursday, March 25, 2004 (Newport Beach)
- Coastal Conservancy Public Zoom Meeting – September 23, 2021Meeting Notice Douglas Bosco (Public Member), Chair Ann Notthoff (Public Member), Vice Chair Marce Gutiérrez-Graudiņš (Public Member) Joseph Alioto Jr. (Public Member) Wade Crowfoot, Secretary for Natural Resources; Bryan Cash (Designated) Stephen Padilla, Coastal Commission Chair; Alison Dettmer (Designated) Keely Bosler, Director, Department of Finance; Gayle Miller (Designated) Senate Representatives Benjamin Allen (District 26) Josh […] (Read more on Coastal Conservancy Public...)
- San Francisco Bay Area Water Trail Implementation Meeting #38 – September 10, 2021AGENDA September 10, 2021 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. VIRTUAL MEETING ZOOM Meeting Information: For live, online viewing of meeting, go to this address: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/96517077363?pwd=N1NVR0NUQklvSUJEUXErSElVNmdPdz09 Passcode: 869321 To participate remotely by telephone: Dial (for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location): +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose) +1 346 […] (Read more on San Francisco Bay...)
- Job Posting: Staff Services Analyst or Conservancy Program Development Analyst I“Love the California coast and the environment? This might be the job for you!” The position is located in Oakland, CA. Applications received without ALL the required items (state application std. 678, copy of diploma and/or transcripts, and cover letter), will NOT receive further consideration for this position. SCC will fill the vacancy at the Conservancy Program […] (Read more on Job Posting: Staff...)