April 2009 Board Meeting
Douglas Bosco (Public Member), Chairman
Jack Baylis (Public Member)
Marisa Moret (Public Member)
Ann Notthoff (Public Member)
Mike Chrisman, Secretary for Resources; Karen Scarborough (Designated)
Bonnie Neely, Coastal Commission Chair; Susan Hansch (Designated)
Michael Genest, Director, Department of Finance; Karen Finn (Designated)
Senate Representatives Assembly Representatives
Abel Maldonado (District 15) William Monning (District 27)
Joseph Simitian (District 11) Noreen Evans (District 7)
Christine Kehoe (District 39) Lori Saldaña (District 76)
Sam Schuchat, Executive Officer
Pat Peterson, Deputy Attorney General
Glenn Alex, Legal Counsel
DATE: Thursday, April 2, 2009
TIME: 10:00 am
LOCATION: State Capitol – Hearing Room 126
- Roll Call
- Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to augment the Conservancy’s September 20, 2007 Central California Beach and Marine Debris Prevention and Removal Program approval to disburse up to $210,000 of federal grant funds to Save Our Shores for the development of a community-based beach and marine debris prevention and removal program in Santa Cruz County.
- Executive Officer Report
- Strategic plan update
- Legislative report
- OPC Report
- Long Term Financial Strategy
SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA
- Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to: 1) disburse up to $565,454 of federal grant funds from the United States Environmental Protection Agency and from the United States Minerals Management Service’s Coastal Impact Assistance Program for 2009 treatment and eradication projects and water quality monitoring to implement the Invasive Spartina Project Control Program within the San Francisco Estuary; and 2) modification of the Conservancy’s prior authorization of April 24, 2008 by permitting the use of any remaining funds authorized for 2008 treatment and eradication to be used for treatment and eradication in 2009 or subsequent years.
- Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to accept a grant from the San Diego Association of Governments and augment the Conservancy’s December 4, 2008 authorization by disbursing an additional amount of up to $540,000 for preliminary engineering design and environmental review of the Buena Vista Lagoon Restoration Project, San Diego County.
- Deputy Attorney General’s Report
- Conservancy Member Comments
- Public Comments
- Possible closed session to confer regarding: United States of America vs. 127.60 Acres of Land, more or less, situated in San Diego County, State of California; the County of San Diego; and Other Interested Parties, U.S. District Court, Southern District of California, Civil No. 06CV1670W NLS; and other pending litigation; and/or to consider the initiation of litigation. Session will be closed to the public pursuant to Government Code Section 11126 (e).
N.B.: At any time during the meeting, but prior to the adjournment of the open session of the meeting, the Conservancy may recess or adjourn to closed session to consider personnel matters, prices and terms of real estate transactions and possible and pending litigation. Session will be closed to the public pursuant to attorney‑client privilege and statutory authorization under Government Code Section 11126(a), (c)(7), and (e).
For more information, contact Dick Wayman at the Conservancy:
1330 Broadway, 13th Floor
Oakland, CA 94612
- 2022 Explore the Coast Grants Application Period Now OpenThe California State Coastal Conservancy announces the availability of grants to public agencies, federally-recognized tribes and indigenous communities, and nonprofit organizations for programs that facilitate and enhance the public’s opportunities to explore California’s spectacular coast and San Francisco Bay shoreline. The ocean, coast, and beaches have long been recognized and used as spaces of joy, […] (Read more on 2022 Explore the...)
- Job Posting: Senior Staff CounselThe position is located in Oakland, CA. **Once a significant candidate pool is received, an internal cutoff period will be established and interviews will be scheduled, and only the most qualified candidates will be invited to the interview** Applications received without ALL the required items, will NOT receive further consideration for this position. (Cover letter, state application, resume […] (Read more on Job Posting: Senior...)
- Job Posting: Staff Counsel**Once a significant candidate pool is received, an internal cutoff period will be established and interviews will be scheduled, and only the most qualified candidates will be invited to the interview** Applications received without ALL the required items, will NOT receive further consideration for this position. (Cover letter, state application, resume and a writing sample you have authored) […] (Read more on Job Posting: Staff...)