April 2009 Board Meeting
Douglas Bosco (Public Member), Chairman
Jack Baylis (Public Member)
Marisa Moret (Public Member)
Ann Notthoff (Public Member)
Mike Chrisman, Secretary for Resources; Karen Scarborough (Designated)
Bonnie Neely, Coastal Commission Chair; Susan Hansch (Designated)
Michael Genest, Director, Department of Finance; Karen Finn (Designated)
Senate Representatives Assembly Representatives
Abel Maldonado (District 15) William Monning (District 27)
Joseph Simitian (District 11) Noreen Evans (District 7)
Christine Kehoe (District 39) Lori Saldaña (District 76)
Sam Schuchat, Executive Officer
Pat Peterson, Deputy Attorney General
Glenn Alex, Legal Counsel
DATE: Thursday, April 2, 2009
TIME: 10:00 am
LOCATION: State Capitol – Hearing Room 126
- Roll Call
- Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to augment the Conservancy’s September 20, 2007 Central California Beach and Marine Debris Prevention and Removal Program approval to disburse up to $210,000 of federal grant funds to Save Our Shores for the development of a community-based beach and marine debris prevention and removal program in Santa Cruz County.
- Executive Officer Report
- Strategic plan update
- Legislative report
- OPC Report
- Long Term Financial Strategy
SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA
- Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to: 1) disburse up to $565,454 of federal grant funds from the United States Environmental Protection Agency and from the United States Minerals Management Service’s Coastal Impact Assistance Program for 2009 treatment and eradication projects and water quality monitoring to implement the Invasive Spartina Project Control Program within the San Francisco Estuary; and 2) modification of the Conservancy’s prior authorization of April 24, 2008 by permitting the use of any remaining funds authorized for 2008 treatment and eradication to be used for treatment and eradication in 2009 or subsequent years.
- Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to accept a grant from the San Diego Association of Governments and augment the Conservancy’s December 4, 2008 authorization by disbursing an additional amount of up to $540,000 for preliminary engineering design and environmental review of the Buena Vista Lagoon Restoration Project, San Diego County.
- Deputy Attorney General’s Report
- Conservancy Member Comments
- Public Comments
- Possible closed session to confer regarding: United States of America vs. 127.60 Acres of Land, more or less, situated in San Diego County, State of California; the County of San Diego; and Other Interested Parties, U.S. District Court, Southern District of California, Civil No. 06CV1670W NLS; and other pending litigation; and/or to consider the initiation of litigation. Session will be closed to the public pursuant to Government Code Section 11126 (e).
N.B.: At any time during the meeting, but prior to the adjournment of the open session of the meeting, the Conservancy may recess or adjourn to closed session to consider personnel matters, prices and terms of real estate transactions and possible and pending litigation. Session will be closed to the public pursuant to attorney‑client privilege and statutory authorization under Government Code Section 11126(a), (c)(7), and (e).
For more information, contact Dick Wayman at the Conservancy:
1330 Broadway, 13th Floor
Oakland, CA 94612
- Coastal Conservancy Public Zoom Meeting – September 23, 2021Meeting Notice Douglas Bosco (Public Member), Chair Ann Notthoff (Public Member), Vice Chair Marce Gutiérrez-Graudiņš (Public Member) Joseph Alioto Jr. (Public Member) Wade Crowfoot, Secretary for Natural Resources; Bryan Cash (Designated) Stephen Padilla, Coastal Commission Chair; Alison Dettmer (Designated) Keely Bosler, Director, Department of Finance; Gayle Miller (Designated) Senate Representatives Benjamin Allen (District 26) Josh […] (Read more on Coastal Conservancy Public...)
- San Francisco Bay Area Water Trail Implementation Meeting #38 – September 10, 2021AGENDA September 10, 2021 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. VIRTUAL MEETING ZOOM Meeting Information: For live, online viewing of meeting, go to this address: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/96517077363?pwd=N1NVR0NUQklvSUJEUXErSElVNmdPdz09 Passcode: 869321 To participate remotely by telephone: Dial (for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location): +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose) +1 346 […] (Read more on San Francisco Bay...)
- Job Posting: Staff Services Analyst or Conservancy Program Development Analyst I“Love the California coast and the environment? This might be the job for you!” The position is located in Oakland, CA. Applications received without ALL the required items (state application std. 678, copy of diploma and/or transcripts, and cover letter), will NOT receive further consideration for this position. SCC will fill the vacancy at the Conservancy Program […] (Read more on Job Posting: Staff...)