December 2007 Board Meeting
Douglas Bosco (Public Member), Chairman
Jeremy M. Hallisey (Public Member)
Marisa Moret (Public Member)
Ann Notthoff (Public Member)
Mike Chrisman, Secretary for Resources; Karen Scarborough (Designated)
Patrick Kruer, Coastal Commission Chair; Susan Hansch (Designated)
Michael Genest, Director, Department of Finance; Karen Finn (Designated)
Senate Representatives Assembly Representatives
Abel Maldonado (District 15) Loni Hancock (District 14)
Joseph Simitian (District 11) John Laird (District 27)
Christine Kehoe (District 39) Patty Berg (District 1)
Sam Schuchat, Executive Officer
Pat Peterson, Deputy Attorney General
Elena Eger, Legal Counsel
LOCATION: Port of Los Angeles Boardroom
425 S. Palos Verdes St.
San Pedro, CA
DATE: Thursday, December 13, 2007
TIME: 9:00 am
- Roll Call
- Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to two million seven hundred fifty thousand dollars ($2,750,000) for three projects to implement coastal access along the Santa Ana River Parkway in Orange, Riverside and San Bernardino Counties.
- Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to two million five hundred thousand dollars ($2,500,000) to the Mountains Recreation and Conservation Authority to acquire 320 acres of the Rancho Corralproperty in the Santa Monica Mountains in Los Angeles County.
- Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse an amount not to exceed five hundred thousand dollars ($500,000) to the City of San Clemente to construct the final components of a 2.5-mile segment of the California Coastal Trail in the City of San Clemente.
SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA
- Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $1,774,681 to 20 nonprofit organizations and public agencies for Bay Area community-based, educational, environmental restoration and trail projects.
- Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to eight hundred fifty thousand dollars ($850,000) to the Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy to construct Coastal Trail improvements at Land’s End, City and County of San Francisco.
- Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $400,000 to the East Bay Regional Park District for the final design, construction and installation of environmental interpretive exhibits at the Big Break Regional Shoreline in Oakley, Contra Costa County.
- Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $130,000 to the Stewards of the Coast and Redwoods for engineering, design and environmental documentation for a culvert redesign and channel restoration project in Willow Creek in western Sonoma County, for the purposes of improving channel connectivity and critical anadromous fish habitat.
- Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse an amount not to exceed $450,000, as three separate grants of $150,000 each, to the San Francisco Maritime National Park Association, the Los Angeles Maritime Institute, and the Maritime Museum of San Diego, to plan and host the Tall Ships Exposition Festival of 2008.
- Consideration and possible Conservancy modification of the Conservancy’s February 3, 2006 authorization by increasing by up to $114,000 the disbursement to the San Francisco Estuary Institute (SFEI) to undertake work associated with the South Bay Salt Ponds Restoration Project and the South San Francisco Bay Shoreline Study.
- Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $50,000 to the City of Long Beach to complete a reconnaissance study of a possible reconfiguration of the Long Beach breakwater.
- Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $8,000 to the Redwood Coast Land Conservancy to construct public access improvements on the Hearn Gulch Headlands north of Gualala in Mendocino County.
- Executive Officer Report
- LA River Strategy Presentation (will be heard after the Southern California Agenda items)
- Update on Meeting Strategic Plan Objectives Related to Climate Change
- Deputy Attorney General’s Report
- Board Member Comments
- Public Comments
- Possible closed session to confer regarding: Sonoma Land Trust v. Port Sonoma Associates et al., Sonoma County Superior Court Case No. SCV-239392; Jack Roth v. California Coastal Commission, California Coastal Conservancy and Access for All, Los Angeles County Superior Court Case No. BS102404; United States of America vs. 127.60 Acres of Land, more or less, situated in San Diego County, State of California; the County of San Diego; and Other Interested Parties, U.S. District Court, Southern District of California, Civil No. 06CV1670W NLS; the blockage of legal access to the Conservancy’s Victorine Ranch property in Monterey County; and other pending litigation; and/or to consider the initiation of litigation. Session will be closed to the public pursuant to Government Code Section 11126(e).
N.B.: This Meeting Notice and Tentative Agenda may be found on the Internet at:
N.B.: Following or at any time during the meeting, the Conservancy may recess or adjourn to closed session to consider personnel matters, prices and terms of real estate transactions and possible and pending litigation. Session will be closed to the public pursuant to attorney‑client privilege and statutory authorization under Government Code Section 11126(a), (c)(7), and (e).
***CONSERVANCY TOUR SCHEDULED FOR DECEMBER 12, 2007***
The Conservancy Board will tour several projects on the Palos Verdes Peninsula and in San Pedro. The tour will begin at 11:00 a.m. at Point Vicente Interpretive Center, 31501 Palos Verdes Drive West in Rancho Palos Verdes. Headed south of Pacific Coast Highway (Hwy 1), turn right on Palos Verdes Blvd continue on Palos Verdes Drive West. Turn right into the Point Vicente Interpretive Center, 31501 Palos Verdes Drive West. A tour of the Los Angeles Maritime Museum will begin at 4:00pm. The Museum is located at 84 Berth (at the end of 6th St) in San Pedro. Members of the public are welcome, but must provide their own transportation. Please RSVP to Carmen
Estrada-Polley at email@example.com.
For more information, contact Dick Wayman at the Conservancy:
1330 Broadway, 13th Floor
Oakland, CA 94612
- Coastal Conservancy Public Zoom Meeting – September 23, 2021Meeting Notice Douglas Bosco (Public Member), Chair Ann Notthoff (Public Member), Vice Chair Marce Gutiérrez-Graudiņš (Public Member) Joseph Alioto Jr. (Public Member) Wade Crowfoot, Secretary for Natural Resources; Bryan Cash (Designated) Stephen Padilla, Coastal Commission Chair; Alison Dettmer (Designated) Keely Bosler, Director, Department of Finance; Gayle Miller (Designated) Senate Representatives Benjamin Allen (District 26) Josh […] (Read more on Coastal Conservancy Public...)
- San Francisco Bay Area Water Trail Implementation Meeting #38 – September 10, 2021AGENDA September 10, 2021 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. VIRTUAL MEETING ZOOM Meeting Information: For live, online viewing of meeting, go to this address: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/96517077363?pwd=N1NVR0NUQklvSUJEUXErSElVNmdPdz09 Passcode: 869321 To participate remotely by telephone: Dial (for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location): +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose) +1 346 […] (Read more on San Francisco Bay...)
- Job Posting: Staff Services Analyst or Conservancy Program Development Analyst I“Love the California coast and the environment? This might be the job for you!” The position is located in Oakland, CA. Applications received without ALL the required items (state application std. 678, copy of diploma and/or transcripts, and cover letter), will NOT receive further consideration for this position. SCC will fill the vacancy at the Conservancy Program […] (Read more on Job Posting: Staff...)