February 2006 Board Meeting
Douglas Bosco (Public Member), Chairman
Gary A. Hernandez (Public Member), Vice Chairman
Jeremy M. Hallisey (Public Member)
Ann Notthoff (Public Member)
Mike Chrisman, Secretary for Resources; Karen Scarborough (Designated)
Meg Caldwell, Coastal Commission Chair; Susan Hansch (Designated)
Michael Genest, Director, Department of Finance; Fred Klass (Designated)
Senate Representatives Assembly Representatives
Wesley Chesbro (District 2) John Laird (District 27)
Sheila Kuehl (District 23) Fran Pavley (District 41)
Abel Maldonado (District 15) Loni Hancock (District 14)
Sam Schuchat, Executive Officer
Pat Peterson, Deputy Attorney General
Location: City Council Chambers
211 8th Street
Seal Beach, CA
DATE: Friday, February 3, 2006
TIME: 10:00 am
- Roll Call
- Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to enter into a joint exercise of powers agreement with the City of Long Beach, City of Seal Beach, and the Los Angeles and San Gabriel Rivers and Mountains Conservancy, establishing the Los Cerritos Wetlands Authority for the purpose of acquiring and restoring the Los Cerritos Wetland Complex in Los Angeles and Orange Counties.
- Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $1,200,000 to the Monterey Bay Sanctuary Foundation for the California Coastal and Marine Mapping Initiative project, to fund data acquisition for near- and offshore substrate and marine habitat mapping along the northern Central California Coast.
- Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $500,000 to the California Polytechnic State University Center for Coastal Marine Science for the development of the Morro Bay Ecosystem Based Management Program.
- Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse $400,000 to the City of Santa Rosa for the construction of in stream habitat enhancement features and riparian planting for the Prince Memorial Greenway, Pierson Reach of Santa Rosa Creek, City of Santa Rosa.
- Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to delegate to the Executive Officer authority to expend funds appropriated or allocated to the Conservancy for ocean protection purposes, consistent with the California Ocean Protection Act, to hire staff, complete studies and plans, and for related activities when authorized California Ocean Protection Council (OPC).
- Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $100,000 to Turtle Island Network for the development of a watershed interpretive facility at their headquarters adjacent to San Geronimo Creek in western Marin County.
- Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $100,000 to the Palos Verdes Peninsula Land Conservancy to develop the White Point Nature Preserve Interpretive Center on the former Nike Missile Assembly and Testing Building site in Los Angeles.
- Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $60,000 to the Stewards of the Coast and Redwoods for the continuation and expansion of the Willow Creek Docent Program at Willow Creek State Park.
- Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $56,000 to the State Department of Parks and Recreation to purchase equipment for the Mendocino Interactive Underwater Program.
- Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $10,000 to the Moat Creek Managing Agency for operation, maintenance and management of the Moat Creek and Ross Creek shoreline access sites and associated lateral trails in Mendocino County.
- Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse previously authorized Conservancy funds to the San Francisco Estuary Institute to undertake work associated with the South San Francisco Bay Salt Pond restoration planning effort.
- Executive Officer’s Report
- Coastal Conservancy Easement Standards
- Ethics Orientation for State Officials
- Deputy Attorney General’s Report
- Board Member Comments
- Public Comments
- Possible closed session to confer with counsel regarding: City of Malibu and David Geffen v. Access for All, California Coastal Commission, California Coastal Conservancy, et al., Los Angeles Superior Court, Case No BC277034; California State Coastal Conservancy and California Coastal Commission v. City of Trinidad and John Frame, Humboldt County Superior Court No. CV030643; Frame v. City of Trinidad et al., Humboldt County Superior Court No. DR980359; possible legal action with respect to the blockage of legal access to the Conservancy’s Victorine Ranch property in Monterey County; and other pending litigation; and/or to consider the initiation of litigation. Session will be closed to the public pursuant to Government Code Section 11126(e).
February 2 – Board Tour:
Beginning at 2:30 pm, The City of Long Beach’s lifeguard boat will take us out into Los Cerritos Wetlands. Please meet in the WOW Shopping Center parking lot, in front of the Ralph’s store. The shopping center is located on the west side of Pacific Coast Hwy, just north of 2nd Street (Westminster Ave). You cannot see the boat dock from the highway or parking lot, we will meet just to the right (north) side of the Ralph’s entrance.
We will return at 3:30 pm –and caravan to Gum Grove Park to look at the project from the Seal Beach side. Tour should be over by 5 pm.
The life guard boat can only take 10 people (though they may allow a few more). Please contact Carmen Estrada-Polley at (510) 286-0343 by Feb. 1, 2006 to reserve a spot.
N.B.: This Meeting Notice and Tentative Agenda may be found on the Internet at:
N.B.: Following or at any time during the meeting, the Conservancy may recess or adjourn to closed session to consider personnel matters, prices and terms of real estate transactions and possible and pending litigation. Session will be closed to the public pursuant to attorney‑client privilege and statutory authorization under Government Code Section 11126(a), (c) (7) and (e).
For more information, contact Dick Wayman at the Conservancy:
1330 Broadway, 11th Floor
Oakland, CA 94612
- Coastal Conservancy Public Zoom Meeting – September 23, 2021Meeting Notice Douglas Bosco (Public Member), Chair Ann Notthoff (Public Member), Vice Chair Marce Gutiérrez-Graudiņš (Public Member) Joseph Alioto Jr. (Public Member) Wade Crowfoot, Secretary for Natural Resources; Bryan Cash (Designated) Stephen Padilla, Coastal Commission Chair; Alison Dettmer (Designated) Keely Bosler, Director, Department of Finance; Gayle Miller (Designated) Senate Representatives Benjamin Allen (District 26) Josh […] (Read more on Coastal Conservancy Public...)
- San Francisco Bay Area Water Trail Implementation Meeting #38 – September 10, 2021AGENDA September 10, 2021 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. VIRTUAL MEETING ZOOM Meeting Information: For live, online viewing of meeting, go to this address: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/96517077363?pwd=N1NVR0NUQklvSUJEUXErSElVNmdPdz09 Passcode: 869321 To participate remotely by telephone: Dial (for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location): +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose) +1 346 […] (Read more on San Francisco Bay...)
- Job Posting: Staff Services Analyst or Conservancy Program Development Analyst I“Love the California coast and the environment? This might be the job for you!” The position is located in Oakland, CA. Applications received without ALL the required items (state application std. 678, copy of diploma and/or transcripts, and cover letter), will NOT receive further consideration for this position. SCC will fill the vacancy at the Conservancy Program […] (Read more on Job Posting: Staff...)