February 2009 Board Meeting
Teleconference Meeting Notice
Douglas Bosco (Public Member), Chairman
Jeremy M. Hallisey (Public Member)
Marisa Moret (Public Member)
Ann Notthoff (Public Member)
Mike Chrisman, Secretary for Resources; Karen Scarborough (Designated)
Bonnie Neely, Coastal Commission Chair; Susan Hansch (Designated)
Michael Genest, Director, Department of Finance; Karen Finn (Designated)
Senate Representatives Sam Schuchat, Executive Officer
Abel Maldonado (District 15) Pat Peterson, Deputy Attorney General
Joseph Simitian (District 11) Elena Eger, Legal Counsel
Christine Kehoe (District 39)
DATE: Thursday, February 26, 2009
TIME: 10:00 am
State Coastal Conservancy Douglas Bosco, Attorney at Law
1330 Broadway 37 Old Courthouse Square, Ste 200
11th Floor Conference Room Santa Rosa, CA
Department of Finance
915 L St.
Redwood Conference Room*
(*The Redwood conference room is located in the basement of the building. Entrance to the conference room is the left of the lobby elevators down a half flight of stairs or the ramp that is there for disabled access.)
- Roll Call
- Approval of Minutes of December 4, 2008 Public Meeting.
- Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $26,000 to Orange County Coastkeeper to maintain the Conservancy’s public access easement at Portofino Cove in Huntington Harbour, Huntington Beach.
- Executive Officer Report
- OPC Update
- Legislative Report
- Climate Change Report
- Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to augment the Conservancy’s December 4, 2008 authorization to disburse an additional amount of up to $960,000 in funds from the San Diego Association of Governments (SANDAG) to the San Elijo Lagoon Conservancy for conceptual designs, technical studies, environmental review, and permit applications for the San Elijo Lagoon Restoration Project, San Diego County.
- Deputy Attorney General’s Report
- Conservancy Member Comments
- Public Comments from each teleconference location
- Possible closed session to confer regarding: United States of America vs. 127.60 Acres of Land, more or less, situated in San Diego County, State of California; the County of San Diego; and Other Interested Parties, U.S. District Court, Southern District of California, Civil No. 06CV1670W NLS; and other pending litigation; and/or to consider the initiation of litigation. Session will be closed to the public pursuant to Government Code Section 11126 (e).
N.B.: At any time during the meeting, but prior to the adjournment of the open session of the meeting, the Conservancy may recess or adjourn to closed session to consider personnel matters, prices and terms of real estate transactions and possible and pending litigation. Session will be closed to the public pursuant to attorney‑client privilege and statutory authorization under Government Code Section 11126(a), (c)(7), and (e).
For more information, contact Dick Wayman at the Conservancy:
1330 Broadway, 13th Floor
Oakland, CA 94612
- Notice of Intention to amend the Conflict of Interest Code of the State Coastal ConservancyThe Coastal Conservancy proposes to amend its conflict of interest code to include employee positions that involve the making or participation in the making of decisions that may foreseeably have a material effect on any financial interest, as set forth in subdivision (a) of section 87302 of the Government Code. The amendment carries out the […] (Read more on Notice of Intention...)
- Press Release: State Coastal Conservancy Awards $84 Million for Climate Resilience, Public Access, Habitat Restoration, and Wildfire ResilienceLast week, the Board of the State Coastal Conservancy authorized funding totaling $84 million for projects to protect and restore coastal lands, increase coastal resilience to climate change, improve public access to the coast, and reduce the impact of wildfire on coastal lands. Grants awarded include: $5,552,800 to the Redwood Community Action Agency to restore 350 […] (Read more on Press Release: State...)
- San Francisco Bay Area Water Trail Implementation Meeting #41 – September 29, 2023, 10am – 12pmAGENDA September 29, 2023 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. HYBRID MEETING Zoom Meeting Information: Please join us on Zoom at this link: https://scc-ca-gov.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZYkf-GtrDgjGtwqmo305QFC6HGMco5kob-0 Physical Meeting Location: Claremont Room, 375 Beale Street, San Francisco CA 94105 If you are planning to attend in person, please email Ben.firstname.lastname@example.org in advance so we know to expect you. We […] (Read more on San Francisco Bay...)