July 2007 Board Meeting
Douglas Bosco (Public Member), Chairman
Jeremy M. Hallisey (Public Member)
Marisa Moret (Public Member)
Ann Notthoff (Public Member)
Mike Chrisman, Secretary for Resources; Karen Scarborough (Designated)
Patrick Kruer, Coastal Commission Chair; Susan Hansch (Designated)
Michael Genest, Director, Department of Finance; Fred Klass (Designated)
Senate Representatives Assembly Representatives
Abel Maldonado (District 15) Loni Hancock (District 14)
Joseph Simitian (District 11) John Laird (District 27)
Christine Kehoe (District 39) Patty Berg (District 1)
Sam Schuchat, Executive Officer
Pat Peterson, Deputy Attorney General
Jack Judkins, Legal Counsel
LOCATION: State Coastal Conservancy
11th Floor Conference Room
DATE: Monday, July 16, 2007
TIME: 9:00 a.m.
- Roll Call
- Selection of Vice Chair
SAN FRANCISCO BAY
- Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $310,500 to the Regents of California and $547,500 to Stanford University for the development of a San Francisco Bay hydrodynamic and sediment transport model and a modeling framework for San Francisco Bay.
- Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse an amount not to exceed $328,000 to the Los Peñasquitos Lagoon Foundation to construct a sediment basin along Los Penasquitos Creek and to educate the community about preventing sedimentation of the Los Peñasquitos Lagoon.
- Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $210,000 to the Santa Monica Bay Restoration Foundation to complete the Santa Monica Bay Research and Monitoring Gap Analysisto catalog gaps in research, mapping, and monitoring of the marine resources of the Santa Monica Bay and the Southern California Bight.
- Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse an amount not to exceed $275,000 to the Save-the-Redwoods League for acquisition of the 39-acre Broussard property adjacent to Freshwater Lagoon in HumboldtCounty.
- Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $500,000 to the City of Santa Monicafor installation of an urban runoff treatment system at the Wilshire Drain adjacent to Santa Monica beach in Los Angeles County.
- Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse an amount not to exceed $100,000 to the Mountains Recreation and Conservation Authority (MRCA) for project planning and design of a proposed 1.2-acre park at the recently acquired Milton St parcel along the Ballona Creek within Culver City, Los Angeles County.
- Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to support the work of the San Francisco Bay Joint Venture by disbursing 1) up to $60,000 to the Point Reyes Bird Observatory, Inc. (PRBO) for a Habitat Restoration Project Design Review Program and for design planning services for interpretive projects; 2) up to the remaining balance in the Conservancy Coastal Trust Fund dedicated to the Joint Venture (currently $11,603.09) to PRBO for Joint Venture coordination and administration; and 3) up to $20,000 to Ducks Unlimited, Inc. to evaluate seasonal wetlands and update the Implementation Strategy of the San Francisco Bay Joint Venture.
- Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $9,000 to the County of Santa Cruz for capital improvements and three-years of operations and maintenance costs related to the Rockview Walkway and Viewpoint Access project.
- Executive Officer Report
- Presentation of Draft Plan for the San Francisco Bay Area Water Trail
- Deputy Attorney General’s Report
- Board Member Comments
- Public Comments
- Possible closed session to confer regarding: Sonoma Land Trust v. Port Sonoma Associates et al., Sonoma County Superior Court Case No. SCV-239392; Jack Roth v. California Coastal Commission, California Coastal Conservancy and Access for All, California Court of Appeal, 2nd District, No. B195748; United States of America vs. 127.60 Acres of Land, more or less, situated in San Diego County, State of California; the County of San Diego; and Other Interested Parties, U.S. District Court, Southern District of California, Civil No. 06CV1670W NLS; the blockage of legal access to the Conservancy’s Victorine Ranch property in Monterey County;
N.B.: This Meeting Notice and Tentative Agenda may be found on the Internet at:
N.B.: Following or at any time during the meeting, the Conservancy may recess or adjourn to closed session to consider personnel matters, prices and terms of real estate transactions and possible and pending litigation. Session will be closed to the public pursuant to attorney‑client privilege and statutory authorization under Government Code Section 11126(a), (c)(7), and (e).
For more information, contact Dick Wayman at the Conservancy:
1330 Broadway, 13th Floor
Oakland, CA 94612
- Notice of Intention to amend the Conflict of Interest Code of the State Coastal ConservancyThe Coastal Conservancy proposes to amend its conflict of interest code to include employee positions that involve the making or participation in the making of decisions that may foreseeably have a material effect on any financial interest, as set forth in subdivision (a) of section 87302 of the Government Code. The amendment carries out the […] (Read more on Notice of Intention...)
- Press Release: State Coastal Conservancy Awards $84 Million for Climate Resilience, Public Access, Habitat Restoration, and Wildfire ResilienceLast week, the Board of the State Coastal Conservancy authorized funding totaling $84 million for projects to protect and restore coastal lands, increase coastal resilience to climate change, improve public access to the coast, and reduce the impact of wildfire on coastal lands. Grants awarded include: $5,552,800 to the Redwood Community Action Agency to restore 350 […] (Read more on Press Release: State...)
- San Francisco Bay Area Water Trail Implementation Meeting #41 – September 29, 2023, 10am – 12pmAGENDA September 29, 2023 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. HYBRID MEETING Zoom Meeting Information: Please join us on Zoom at this link: https://scc-ca-gov.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZYkf-GtrDgjGtwqmo305QFC6HGMco5kob-0 Physical Meeting Location: Claremont Room, 375 Beale Street, San Francisco CA 94105 If you are planning to attend in person, please email Ben.email@example.com in advance so we know to expect you. We […] (Read more on San Francisco Bay...)