March 2006 Board Meeting
Douglas Bosco (Public Member), Chairman
Gary A. Hernandez (Public Member), Vice Chairman
Jeremy M. Hallisey (Public Member)
Ann Notthoff (Public Member)
Mike Chrisman, Secretary for Resources; Karen Scarborough (Designated)
Meg Caldwell, Coastal Commission Chair; Susan Hansch (Designated)
Michael Genest, Director, Department of Finance; Fred Klass (Designated)
Senate Representatives Assembly Representatives
Wesley Chesbro (District 2) John Laird (District 27)
Sheila Kuehl (District 23) Fran Pavley (District 41)
Abel Maldonado (District 15) Loni Hancock (District 14)
Sam Schuchat, Executive Officer
Pat Peterson, Deputy Attorney General
LOCATION: Hearing Room 126
DATE: Thursday, March 2, 2006
TIME: 10:00 am
- Roll Call
- Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $700,000 to the County of Trinity for fish passage improvement projects identified in the Five Counties Salmonid Conservation Planning Program and located within the Five Counties Salmonid Conservation Planning Area.
- Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $357,500 towards acquisition by the City of Arcata of the approximately 175-acre Sunny Brae propertysoutheast of the city, in Humboldt County.
San Francisco Bay
- Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $900,000 to Save Mount Diablo for the acquisition of an approximately 208-acre portion of the Mangini Ranch in Contra Costa County.
- Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $500,000 to the Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District for the acquisition of the 238-acre Stevens Canyon Ranch, in Santa Clara County.
- Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization: 1) to enter into agreements for a grant to the Conservancy of $451,230 by the California Department of Water Resources and to disburse up to $200,000 of additional Conservancy funds for developing and integrating the Watershed Management/Habitat Protection and Restoration and Flood Protection/Stormwater Management components of the Bay Area Integrated Regional Water Management Plan, and 2) to enter into a Memorandum of Understanding related to the Bay Area Water Forum and to receive and disburse funds donated by entities participating in the Forum for strategic planning and facilitation support.
- Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $150,000 to Greenbelt Alliance to complete Phase I of the San Francisco Bay Area Upland Habitat Goals Report, under the direction of the Bay Area Open Space Council.
- Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $171,300 to the City of Laguna Beach for the acquisition of the approximately 11.4-acre Decker/Bossard property for inclusion in the South Coast Wilderness system of parks and preserves in Orange County.
- Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to amend the December 2005 resolution for the disbursement of funds for acquisition of a conservation easement on the Price Creek Ranch in Rio Dell, Humboldt County, in order to allow the Conservancy to use $30,000 from that authorization to purchase an option to acquire the conservation easement.
- Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to amend the Conservancy’s December 2, 2004 authorization to allow disbursement of an additional amount up to $245,000 for technical studies, planning, data collection, and other analysis associated with planning the restoration and enhancement of the Ballona Wetlands, Los Angeles.
- Executive Officer’s Report
- Strategic Planning
- Legislative Report
- Deputy Attorney General’s Report
- Board Member Comments
- Public Comments
- Possible closed session to confer with counsel regarding: possible legal action with respect to the blockage of legal access to the Conservancy’s Victorine Ranch property in Monterey County; and other pending litigation; and/or to consider the initiation of litigation. Session will be closed to the public pursuant to Government Code Section 11126(e).
N.B.: This Meeting Notice and Tentative Agenda may be found on the Internet at:
N.B.: Following or at any time during the meeting, the Conservancy may recess or adjourn to closed session to consider personnel matters, prices and terms of real estate transactions and possible and pending litigation. Session will be closed to the public pursuant to attorney‑client privilege and statutory authorization under Government Code Section 11126(a), (c) (7) and (e).
For more information, contact Dick Wayman at the Conservancy:
1330 Broadway, 11th Floor
Oakland, CA 94612
- Coastal Conservancy Public Zoom Meeting – September 23, 2021Meeting Notice Douglas Bosco (Public Member), Chair Ann Notthoff (Public Member), Vice Chair Marce Gutiérrez-Graudiņš (Public Member) Joseph Alioto Jr. (Public Member) Wade Crowfoot, Secretary for Natural Resources; Bryan Cash (Designated) Stephen Padilla, Coastal Commission Chair; Alison Dettmer (Designated) Keely Bosler, Director, Department of Finance; Gayle Miller (Designated) Senate Representatives Benjamin Allen (District 26) Josh […] (Read more on Coastal Conservancy Public...)
- San Francisco Bay Area Water Trail Implementation Meeting #38 – September 10, 2021AGENDA September 10, 2021 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. VIRTUAL MEETING ZOOM Meeting Information: For live, online viewing of meeting, go to this address: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/96517077363?pwd=N1NVR0NUQklvSUJEUXErSElVNmdPdz09 Passcode: 869321 To participate remotely by telephone: Dial (for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location): +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose) +1 346 […] (Read more on San Francisco Bay...)
- Job Posting: Staff Services Analyst or Conservancy Program Development Analyst I“Love the California coast and the environment? This might be the job for you!” The position is located in Oakland, CA. Applications received without ALL the required items (state application std. 678, copy of diploma and/or transcripts, and cover letter), will NOT receive further consideration for this position. SCC will fill the vacancy at the Conservancy Program […] (Read more on Job Posting: Staff...)