November 2007 Board Meeting
Douglas Bosco (Public Member), Chairman
Jeremy M. Hallisey (Public Member)
Marisa Moret (Public Member)
Ann Notthoff (Public Member)
Mike Chrisman, Secretary for Resources; Karen Scarborough (Designated)
Patrick Kruer, Coastal Commission Chair; Susan Hansch (Designated)
Michael Genest, Director, Department of Finance; Karen Finn (Designated)
Senate Representatives Assembly Representatives
Abel Maldonado (District 15) Loni Hancock (District 14)
Joseph Simitian (District 11) John Laird (District 27)
Christine Kehoe (District 39) Patty Berg (District 1)
Sam Schuchat, Executive Officer
Pat Peterson, Deputy Attorney General
Glenn Alex, Legal Counsel
LOCATION: Rush Ranch Nature and Education Center
3521 Grizzly Island Rd. (Directions)
DATE: Thursday, November 8, 2007
TIME: 1:30 pm
- Roll Call
SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA
- Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $3,000,000 to the Sonoma Land Trust for the acquisition of the 1,657-acre Roche Ranch in southern Sonoma County for the protection and restoration of natural resources and to provide public access.
- Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $435,000 to the Solano Land Trust (SLT) for the following with respect to Rush Ranch in Solano County: update and refine the 1990 and 1993 marsh and upland restoration and management plans, prepare conceptual restoration plans for at least four priority projects areas, and prepare environmental review documents.
- Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $250,000 to the Santa Cruz Port District to rehabilitate a pathway and construct public access amenities within the West Harbor area of the Santa Cruz Small Craft Harbor.
- Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $1,700,000 to the Department of Fish and Game for acquisition of the Mitsuuchi Property adjacent to the Batiquitos Lagoon State Ecological Reserve in San Diego County.
- Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse an amount up to $860,000 to the Huntington Beach Wetlands Conservancy to acquire the 16.6-acre University of California Riverside property at Brookhurst Marsh in Huntington Beach, Orange County.
- Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $750,000 to the Marin Agricultural Land Trust to acquire an agricultural conservation easement over 243 acres of the Tomales Farm and Dairy in west Marin County.
- Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $366,000 for the production of Conservancy publications through 2008, including California Coast & Ocean magazine, program publications, and special public information and project-related documents, and including a grant to the nonprofit Coastal Conservancy Association to provide assistance in this effort.
- Consideration and possible authorization to augment the Conservancy’s August 8, 2002 authorization by disbursing up to $40,000 in additional funds to the Humboldt Botanical Gardens Foundation to complete the access improvements within the Natural Riparian Area of the Humboldt Botanical Gardens, located in Fields Landing, south of Eureka, Humboldt County.
- Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $125,000 to Access For All for operating and maintaining its public beach access easements on Carbon Beach in Malibu.
- Consideration and possible Conservancy adoption of the 2008 Conservancy Meeting Schedule.
- Executive Officer Report
- Update on South Bay Salt Pond Restoration Project
- Consideration and possible concurrence with the goals included by Save The Bay in its report, Greening the Bay: Financing Wetland Restoration in San Francisco Bay.
- OPC Report
- Deputy Attorney General’s Report
- Board Member Comments
- Public Comments
- Possible closed session to confer regarding: Sonoma Land Trust v. Port Sonoma Associates et al., Sonoma County Superior Court Case No. SCV-239392; Jack Roth v. California Coastal Commission, California Coastal Conservancy and Access for All, Los Angeles County Superior Court Case No. BS102404; United States of America vs. 127.60 Acres of Land, more or less, situated in San Diego County, State of California; the County of San Diego; and Other Interested Parties, U.S. District Court, Southern District of California, Civil No. 06CV1670W NLS; the blockage of legal access to the Conservancy’s Victorine Ranch property in Monterey County; and other pending litigation; and/or to consider the initiation of litigation. Session will be closed to the public pursuant to Government Code Section 11126(e).
N.B.: This Meeting Notice and Tentative Agenda may be found on the Internet at:
N.B.: Following or at any time during the meeting, the Conservancy may recess or adjourn to closed session to consider personnel matters, prices and terms of real estate transactions and possible and pending litigation. Session will be closed to the public pursuant to attorney‑client privilege and statutory authorization under Government Code Section 11126(a), (c)(7), and (e).
***CONSERVANCY TOUR SCHEDULED FOR NOVEMBER 8, 2007***
The Conservancy Board will tour several project sites on ranches in southwestern western Solano County, ending up at Rush Ranch. The tour will begin at 9:30 a.m. at the Solano Land Trust’s Vallejo Swett Ranch in eastern Vallejo. From I-80, take the American Canyon/Hiddenbrooke Parkway exit. Go south on Hiddenbrooke, following it as it climbs the hill and then enters the new Hiddenbrooke residential development. Turn right onto Songwood Road. Turn right onto Landmark Drive. Turn right onto Highgate Road and park just before the ranch gate that crosses the road. The tour will conclude at 12:30 pm. Members of the public are welcome, but must provide their own transportation. Please RSVP to Carmen Estrada-Polley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, contact Dick Wayman at the Conservancy:
1330 Broadway, 13th Floor
Oakland, CA 94612
- Coastal Conservancy Public Zoom Meeting – September 23, 2021Meeting Notice Douglas Bosco (Public Member), Chair Ann Notthoff (Public Member), Vice Chair Marce Gutiérrez-Graudiņš (Public Member) Joseph Alioto Jr. (Public Member) Wade Crowfoot, Secretary for Natural Resources; Bryan Cash (Designated) Stephen Padilla, Coastal Commission Chair; Alison Dettmer (Designated) Keely Bosler, Director, Department of Finance; Gayle Miller (Designated) Senate Representatives Benjamin Allen (District 26) Josh […] (Read more on Coastal Conservancy Public...)
- San Francisco Bay Area Water Trail Implementation Meeting #38 – September 10, 2021AGENDA September 10, 2021 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. VIRTUAL MEETING ZOOM Meeting Information: For live, online viewing of meeting, go to this address: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/96517077363?pwd=N1NVR0NUQklvSUJEUXErSElVNmdPdz09 Passcode: 869321 To participate remotely by telephone: Dial (for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location): +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose) +1 346 […] (Read more on San Francisco Bay...)
- Job Posting: Staff Services Analyst or Conservancy Program Development Analyst I“Love the California coast and the environment? This might be the job for you!” The position is located in Oakland, CA. Applications received without ALL the required items (state application std. 678, copy of diploma and/or transcripts, and cover letter), will NOT receive further consideration for this position. SCC will fill the vacancy at the Conservancy Program […] (Read more on Job Posting: Staff...)