October 2009 Board Meeting
Douglas Bosco (Public Member), Chairman
Jack Baylis (Public Member)
Marisa Moret (Public Member)
Ann Notthoff (Public Member)
Mike Chrisman, Secretary for Resources; Karen Scarborough (Designated)
Bonnie Neely, Coastal Commission Chair; Susan Hansch (Designated)
Michael Genest, Director, Department of Finance; Karen Finn (Designated)
Senate Representatives Assembly Representatives
Abel Maldonado (District 15) William Monning (District 27)
Joseph Simitian (District 11) Noreen Evans (District 7)
Christine Kehoe (District 39) Lori Saldaña (District 76)
Sam Schuchat, Executive Officer
Pat Peterson, Deputy Attorney General
Glenn Alex, Legal Counsel
DATE: Thursday, October 29, 2009
TIME: 10:00 am
LOCATION: Ocean Song Farm and Wilderness Center
The Green Barn
19100 Coleman Valley Rd.
- Roll Call
- Approval of Minutes of September 24, 2009 Board Meeting
Consideration and possible adoption of the Conservancy’s amended Conflict-of-Interest code to reflect current staff positions within the agency.
- Executive Officer Report
- OPC Update
- Legislative Report
- Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $4,244,388 to the Southwest Wetlands Interpretive Association to implement a part of the South San Diego Bay Wetlands Restoration Project, San Diego County; authorization to disburse up to $296,641 to the Port of San Diego to implement a part of the project; adoption of a Mitigated Negative Declaration for the project.
- Deputy Attorney General’s Report
- Conservancy Member Comments
- Public Comments
- Possible closed session to confer regarding: Ackerberg v. California Coastal Commission, Superior Court of California, County of Los Angeles, Case No. BS122006, and related litigation, including Access for All v. Ackerberg, County of Los Angeles, Case No. BC405058; Pace v. California State Coastal Conservancy, Los Angeles Superior Court Case No. BC408190; United States of America vs. 127.60 Acres of Land, more or less, situated in San Diego County, State of California, U.S. District Court, Southern District of California, Civil No. 06CV1670W NLS; and other pending litigation; and/or to consider the initiation of litigation. Session will be closed to the public pursuant to Government Code Section 11126 (e).
*** Board Tour of Jenner Headlands – Sonoma County ***
12:00 pm – 4:00 pm Following the Conservancy board meeting there will be a tour of the Jenner Headlands meeting at Duncans Mills. Four Wheel drive vehicles are recommended for this tour.
Ocean Song is 70 miles north of the Golden Gate Bridge or North Berkeley. Allow 90 minutes minimum driving time and extra time for traffic.
Directions to Ocean Song from the San Francisco Area:
- Exit 101 North at East Washington St., Central Petaluma, turn left on Washington St. and continue through Petaluma for 18-20 miles to Valley Ford.
- At 0.5 mile past Valley Ford turn RIGHT onto Valley Ford –Freestone Rd. The sign says to Occidental.
- Continue until road ends and turn RIGHT onto Bodega Highway.
- At 1.5 miles, enter the left turn lane and turn left onto Bohemian Highway at Freestone.
- Continue on Bohemian Highway 4 miles to Occidental.
- At the STOP sign in Occidental, turn LEFT onto Coleman Valley Rd.
- Go 5.3 miles to Ocean Song
- NOTE: About 2 miles past Occidental make a SHARP RIGHT turn and continue along Coleman Valley Rd., (DO NOT go straight onto Joy Rd.)
- Continue on Coleman Valley Rd., past addresses with numbers out of order and as you come onto the very top of the ridge, turn left at Ocean Song 19100 Coleman Valley Rd.
- Drive down the gravel road .03 mile and park in the designated area by the barn.
Directions to Duncans Mills: go west on Coleman Valley Road from Ocean Song to Highway 1, turn right (north) on Highway 1, drive north, cross the Russian river and turn right on 116 . Take 116 to Duncans Mills, turn right to the DPR office/parking (next to the bakery and post office).
N.B.: At any time during the meeting, but prior to the adjournment of the open session of the meeting, the Conservancy may recess or adjourn to closed session to consider personnel matters, prices and terms of real estate transactions and possible and pending litigation. Session will be closed to the public pursuant to attorney‑client privilege and statutory authorization under Government Code Section 11126(a), (c)(7), and (e).
For more information, contact Dick Wayman at the Conservancy:
1330 Broadway, 13th Floor
Oakland, CA 94612
- Coastal Conservancy Public Zoom Meeting – September 23, 2021Meeting Notice Douglas Bosco (Public Member), Chair Ann Notthoff (Public Member), Vice Chair Marce Gutiérrez-Graudiņš (Public Member) Joseph Alioto Jr. (Public Member) Wade Crowfoot, Secretary for Natural Resources; Bryan Cash (Designated) Stephen Padilla, Coastal Commission Chair; Alison Dettmer (Designated) Keely Bosler, Director, Department of Finance; Gayle Miller (Designated) Senate Representatives Benjamin Allen (District 26) Josh […] (Read more on Coastal Conservancy Public...)
- San Francisco Bay Area Water Trail Implementation Meeting #38 – September 10, 2021AGENDA September 10, 2021 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. VIRTUAL MEETING ZOOM Meeting Information: For live, online viewing of meeting, go to this address: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/96517077363?pwd=N1NVR0NUQklvSUJEUXErSElVNmdPdz09 Passcode: 869321 To participate remotely by telephone: Dial (for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location): +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose) +1 346 […] (Read more on San Francisco Bay...)
- Job Posting: Staff Services Analyst or Conservancy Program Development Analyst I“Love the California coast and the environment? This might be the job for you!” The position is located in Oakland, CA. Applications received without ALL the required items (state application std. 678, copy of diploma and/or transcripts, and cover letter), will NOT receive further consideration for this position. SCC will fill the vacancy at the Conservancy Program […] (Read more on Job Posting: Staff...)