July 2011 Board Meeting
Douglas Bosco (Public Member), Chairman
Marisa Moret (Public Member)
Ann Notthoff (Public Member)
John Laird, Secretary for Natural Resources; Bryan Cash (Designated)
Mary Shallenberger, Coastal Commission Chair; Susan Hansch (Designated)
Ana Matosantos, Director, Department of Finance; Karen Finn (Designated)
Senate Representatives Assembly Representatives
Anthony Cannella (District 12) Luis Alejo (District 28)
Noreen Evans (District 2) William Monning (District 27)
Joseph Simitian (District 11) Das Williams (District 35)
Sam Schuchat, Executive Officer
Glenn Alex, Legal Counsel
Joseph Rusconi, Deputy Attorney General
DATE: Thursday, July 21, 2011
TIME: 10:00 a.m.
LOCATION: Elkus Ranch Environmental Education Center
1500 Purisima Creek Rd.
Half Moon Bay, CA
- Roll Call
- Approval of Minutes of May 19, 2011 Conservancy Meeting
- Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to approve an Implementation Plan for transfer of two parcels located adjacent to Purisima Creek in San Mateo County to the Coastside Land Trust for open space preservation, natural resource protection and compatible public access; and authorization to disburse $45,000 to the Coastside Land Trust to construct, operate and maintain public access improvements on these parcels.
- Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization for the Association of Bay Area Governments to disburse up to $244,649 of previously granted Conservancy funds to the City of East Palo Alto to construct .92 miles of San Francisco Bay Trail spur at Cooley Landing Park in the cities of East Palo Alto and Menlo Park, San Mateo County.
- Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization for the Association of Bay Area Governments (ABAG) to disburse up to $200,000 of previously granted Conservancy funds to the City of Oakland for the construction of a 0.1- mile San Francisco Bay Trail segment between Fruitvale Avenue and High Street along the Oakland Estuary in Alameda County.
- Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $68,150 to the Santa Clara County Open Space Authority to construct a segment of the San Francisco Bay Area Ridge Trail in the Sierra Vista Open Space Preserve connecting Santa Clara County Open Space Authority lands to City of San Jose parklands.
- Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $70,000 to the Maritime Museum of San Diego for the Tall Ships Festivals of 2011 in San Diego and Orange counties.
- Executive Officer Report
- Ocean Protection Council Update
- Conservancy and Ocean Protection Council Online Project Mapping
- Legislative Report
- Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $270,000 for consulting services to assist the Conservancy in maintaining and improving federal support for Conservancy projects and to evaluate proposed federal legislation that would directly affect Conservancy projects.
- Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $500,000 to the County of San Mateo to purchase and install bathrooms and other access support facilities at the Devil’s Slide Coastal Trail and to prepare final plans, specifications, and environmental review and permit documents for a Coastal Trail segment connecting the Devil’s Slide Coastal Trail to McNee Ranch State Park and Gray Whale Cove State Beach in northern San Mateo County.
SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA
- Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $250,000 to the County of San Mateo (Department of Public Works, Division of Parks) to improve a 0.84-mile section of the Crystal Springs Regional Trail adjacent to Crystal Springs Reservoir in San Mateo County.
- Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $140,000 to the Sotoyome Resource Conservation District to implement Phase I of the Austin Creek Watershed Restoration Program in Southern Sonoma County.
- Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $450,000 to the County of San Diego Department of Parks and Recreation to finalize design and construct a trail as part of the Sweetwater River Trail System in the unincorporated area of Bonita, San Diego County.
- Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $280,000 to the Mountains Recreation and Conservation Authority for site improvements and planning activities for public access, community stewardship and educational programs at the Ballona Wetlands Ecological Reserve in Los Angeles County.
TRANSFER OF ACCESS EASEMENT, CITY OF MALIBU
- Public hearing, consideration, and Conservancy determination as to whether Access for All (AFA) has failed in its obligation to properly manage the Ackerberg Easement located at 22486 Pacific Coast Highway, Malibu, California for public access to the shoreline; and, if so, possible authorization for the Conservancy to accept the Ackerberg Easement or designate another entity to accept the Ackerberg Easement. Possible closed session to confer with counsel under Government Code section 11126(e)(2)(B).
- Conservancy Member Comments
- Public Comment on Non-Agenda Items
- CLOSED SESSION:
Possible closed session to confer regarding: Ackerberg v. California Coastal Commission, Los Angeles Superior Court Case No. BS122006, and related litigation, including Access for All v. Ackerberg, Los Angeles Superior Court Case No. BC405058; Malibu-Encinal Homeowners Association v. Mountains Recreation and Conservation Authority, et al, Los Angeles County Superior Court, Case No. BS 431798; Pace v. California State Coastal Conservancy, Los Angeles Superior Court Case No. BC408190; United States of America v. 127.60 Acres of Land, more or less, situated in San Diego County, State of California, U.S. District Court, Southern District of California, Civil No. 06CV1670W NLS; Wildman v. California Coastal Commission, Los Angeles Superior Court Case No. SC111748; and other pending litigation; and/or to consider the initiation of litigation. Session will be closed to the public pursuant to Government Code Section 11126(e).
Conservancy Board tour following the meeting:
Tour Directions: From Elkus Ranch, return to Highway One and drive north approx. 1 mile to the Cowell Ranch State Beach Accessway parking lot. The lot is located approximately 4 miles south of downtown Half Moon Bay. Ribbon-cutting at the start of the tour.
The walking tour will begin at 1:30 pm starting at the Cowell Ranch State Beach Accessway parking lot and then proceed along the new Cowell-Purisima Coastal Trail. Option to walk both ends of the trail or just the north end. Public welcome.
N.B.: Agenda items may be taken out sequence at the discretion of the Board. At any time during the meeting, but prior to the adjournment of the open session of the meeting, the Conservancy may recess or adjourn to closed session to consider personnel matters, prices and terms of real estate transactions, and possible and pending litigation. Session will be closed to the public pursuant to attorney-client privilege and statutory authorization under Government Code Section 11126(a), (c)(7), and (e).
Questions about the meeting or agenda can be directed to Dick Wayman at (510) 286-4182 or email@example.com or at the Conservancy:
1330 Broadway, 13th Floor
Oakland, CA 94612
Any person who has a disability and requires reasonable accommodation to participate in this council meeting should contact Mr. Wayman no later than five days prior to meeting.
- Coastal Conservancy Public Zoom Meeting – September 23, 2021Meeting Notice Douglas Bosco (Public Member), Chair Ann Notthoff (Public Member), Vice Chair Marce Gutiérrez-Graudiņš (Public Member) Joseph Alioto Jr. (Public Member) Wade Crowfoot, Secretary for Natural Resources; Bryan Cash (Designated) Stephen Padilla, Coastal Commission Chair; Alison Dettmer (Designated) Keely Bosler, Director, Department of Finance; Gayle Miller (Designated) Senate Representatives Benjamin Allen (District 26) Josh […] (Read more on Coastal Conservancy Public...)
- San Francisco Bay Area Water Trail Implementation Meeting #38 – September 10, 2021AGENDA September 10, 2021 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. VIRTUAL MEETING ZOOM Meeting Information: For live, online viewing of meeting, go to this address: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/96517077363?pwd=N1NVR0NUQklvSUJEUXErSElVNmdPdz09 Passcode: 869321 To participate remotely by telephone: Dial (for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location): +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose) +1 346 […] (Read more on San Francisco Bay...)
- Job Posting: Staff Services Analyst or Conservancy Program Development Analyst I“Love the California coast and the environment? This might be the job for you!” The position is located in Oakland, CA. Applications received without ALL the required items (state application std. 678, copy of diploma and/or transcripts, and cover letter), will NOT receive further consideration for this position. SCC will fill the vacancy at the Conservancy Program […] (Read more on Job Posting: Staff...)