March 2012 Board Meeting
Douglas Bosco (Public Member), Chairman
Marisa Moret (Public Member)
Ann Notthoff (Public Member)
John Laird, Secretary for Natural Resources; Bryan Cash (Designated)
Mary Shallenberger, Coastal Commission Chair; Susan Hansch (Designated)
Ana Matosantos, Director, Department of Finance; Karen Finn (Designated)
Senate Representatives Assembly Representatives
Anthony Cannella (District 12) Luis Alejo (District 28)
Noreen Evans (District 2) William Monning (District 27)
Joseph Simitian (District 11) Das Williams (District 35)
Sam Schuchat, Executive Officer
Elena Eger, Legal Counsel
DATE: Thursday, March 29, 2012
TIME: 10:00 am
LOCATION: Channel Islands National Park
1901 Spinnaker Drive
Ventura, CA 93001
- Roll Call
- Approval of Minutes of January 19, 2012 Conservancy Meeting
- Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $150,000 to the East Bay Regional Park District to undertake design, permit applications, and environmental analysis for improvements to parking, bay trail access and restoration at Albany Beach, Eastshore State Park, Alameda County.
- Consideration and possible Conservancy modification of its September 20, 2007 authorization regarding the Historic Ship San Salvador to reduce the amount to be repaid by the San Diego Maritime Museum from $750,000 to $500,000 and to alter the terms of repayment, San Diego County.
- Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization for the Association of Bay Area Governments to disburse up to $198,000 of previously granted Conservancy funds to the East Bay Regional Park District to construct .53 miles of San Francisco Bay Trail in the City of Hercules, Contra Costa County.
- Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $100,000 to the American Farmland Trust to complete the Bay Area Agricultural Sustainability Plan to foster local, sustainable agriculture, San Francisco Bay Area Counties.
- Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $125,000 to Access Northern California to complete its online guide to wheelchair accessible coastal parks and trails.
- Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to augment an existing contract for landscape architecture services by $60,000 for the purpose of providing concepts and preliminary cost estimates for public coastal access projects in Southern California.
- Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $100,000 to the Santa Barbara Trails Council to prepare design, engineering, environmental compliance and permit application documents for a segment of the California Coastal Trail for public access to and along the Santa Barbara Channel shoreline, Santa Barbara County.
- Consideration and possible Conservancy modification of the Conservancy’s August 5, 2010 and December 2, 2010 authorizations to implement the Living Shorelines project, by revising the scope of implementation activities and by authorizing an additional disbursement of up to $300,000 to California Wildlife Foundation to construct two pilot projects in San Francisco Bay on the San Rafael Shoreline, Marin County and offshore from Eden Landing Ecological Reserve in Hayward, Alameda County.
Executive Officer Report
- Strategic Planning Discussion
- Ocean Protection Council Report
- Legislative Report – Deborah Ruddock
- Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $2.92 million to the Mountains Recreation and Conservation Authority to purchase 5 contiguous undeveloped lots on Las Tunas Beach, Los Angeles County, for the purpose of providing public access to the coast.
- Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $440,000 to the San Francisco Estuary Institute for the Historical Ecology Study of the Tijuana River and Estuary, San Diego County.
SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA
- Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse up to $282,000 to the Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District to construct staging and trail improvements to the San Francisco Bay Area Ridge Trail at El Corte de Madera Creek Open Space Preserve in San Mateo County.
- Consideration and possible authorization to redirect $1,000,000 of Conservancy funds, previously granted to the Marin Agricultural Land Trust for the Corda Ranch Conservation Easement Project, toward the acquisition of agricultural conservation easements over the 1,194-acre Barboni Ranch in Marin County.
- Consideration and possible Conservancy authorization to disburse $300,000 to the Endangered Habitats Conservancy in order to complete the conceptual design of a floodplain restoration project on the Russian River, Sonoma County.
- Conservancy Member Comments
- Public Comment on Non-Agenda Items
- CLOSED SESSION
Possible closed session to confer regarding: Ackerberg v. California Coastal Commission, Los Angeles Superior Court Case No. BS122006, and related litigation, including Access for All v. Ackerberg, Los Angeles Superior Court Case No. BC405058; Laguna Terrace Park, LLC v. California Coastal Commission, Orange County Superior Court Case No. 30-2011 00528322; Malibu-Encinal Homeowners Association v. Mountains Recreation and Conservation Authority, et al, Los Angeles County Superior Court, Case No. BS 431798; United States of America v. 127.60 Acres of Land, more or less, situated in San Diego County, State of California, U.S. District Court, Southern District of California, Civil No. 06CV1670W NLS; Wildman v. California Coastal Commission, Los Angeles Superior Court Case No. SC111748; and other pending litigation; and/or to consider the initiation of litigation. Session will be closed to the public pursuant to Government Code Section 11126(e).
BOARD TOUR INFORMATION:
The Conservancy will tour the Santa Clara River Parkway on Wednesday, March 28, 2012. The tour will begin at 1pm and conclude at 4:30. Members of the public are welcome to join the tour, but will need to provide their own transportation. For directions to the tour meeting point, please contact Peter Brand, brand@ scc.ca.gov, the day before the tour.
N.B.: Agenda items may be taken out sequence at the discretion of the Board. At any time during the meeting, but prior to the adjournment of the open session of the meeting, the Conservancy may recess or adjourn to closed session to consider personnel matters, prices and terms of real estate transactions, and possible and pending litigation. Session will be closed to the public pursuant to attorney-client privilege and statutory authorization under Government Code Section 11126(a), (c)(7), and (e).
Questions about the meeting or agenda can be directed to Dick Wayman at (510) 286-4182 or email@example.com or at the Conservancy: 1330 Broadway, 13th Floor, Oakland, CA 94612
Any person who has a disability and requires reasonable accommodation to participate in this public meeting should contact Mr. Wayman no later than five days prior to meeting.
- Coastal Conservancy Public Zoom Meeting – September 23, 2021Meeting Notice Douglas Bosco (Public Member), Chair Ann Notthoff (Public Member), Vice Chair Marce Gutiérrez-Graudiņš (Public Member) Joseph Alioto Jr. (Public Member) Wade Crowfoot, Secretary for Natural Resources; Bryan Cash (Designated) Stephen Padilla, Coastal Commission Chair; Alison Dettmer (Designated) Keely Bosler, Director, Department of Finance; Gayle Miller (Designated) Senate Representatives Benjamin Allen (District 26) Josh […] (Read more on Coastal Conservancy Public...)
- San Francisco Bay Area Water Trail Implementation Meeting #38 – September 10, 2021AGENDA September 10, 2021 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. VIRTUAL MEETING ZOOM Meeting Information: For live, online viewing of meeting, go to this address: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/96517077363?pwd=N1NVR0NUQklvSUJEUXErSElVNmdPdz09 Passcode: 869321 To participate remotely by telephone: Dial (for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location): +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose) +1 346 […] (Read more on San Francisco Bay...)
- Job Posting: Staff Services Analyst or Conservancy Program Development Analyst I“Love the California coast and the environment? This might be the job for you!” The position is located in Oakland, CA. Applications received without ALL the required items (state application std. 678, copy of diploma and/or transcripts, and cover letter), will NOT receive further consideration for this position. SCC will fill the vacancy at the Conservancy Program […] (Read more on Job Posting: Staff...)