Congratulations on your Coastal Conservancy grant award! This Grantee Manual tells you, the grant recipient, what to expect as you manage your Conservancy grant. It also provides links to key documents we, the Coastal Conservancy, may require as part of your grant. The Grantee Manual is arranged by chapters that address key questions you may have about your Conservancy grant.
The rules and processes described in this manual are designed to help your grant-funded project be a success, ensure timely payments to you, and help your grant pass an audit without problems (all Coastal Conservancy grants can be audited by the State’s Department of Finance, either during or after the completion of the grant-funded project).
Contact your Conservancy Project Manager if you have questions about your Conservancy grant. We are here to help you and make sure your project is a success!
- How do I get my grant?
- When can I start work under my grant?
- How do I get paid?
- How do I handle sign and funder acknowledgement requirements?
- When should I communicate with my Conservancy Project Manager? What if I need to make changes?
- How do I wrap up my grant?
- What else will help make my project a great success?
The full Grantee Manual can be viewed and downloaded here.
- 2022 Explore the Coast Grants Application Period Now OpenThe California State Coastal Conservancy announces the availability of grants to public agencies, federally-recognized tribes and indigenous communities, and nonprofit organizations for programs that facilitate and enhance the public’s opportunities to explore California’s spectacular coast and San Francisco Bay shoreline. The ocean, coast, and beaches have long been recognized and used as spaces of joy, […] (Read more on 2022 Explore the...)
- RFP for Wildfire Resilience Projects AnnouncedThe Coastal Conservancy is pleased to announce its Wildfire Resilience Program Request for Proposals. The Wildfire Resilience Program supports local partners to develop and implement projects that improve ecological health of natural lands and reduce the risk of catastrophic fire. The program will fund grants for: on-the-ground activities to restore the health and increase resilience […] (Read more on RFP for Wildfire...)
- Coastal Stories Grant Program Launched to Support Inclusive Storytelling about the California CoastThe Coastal Conservancy has launched a new grant program that intends to make the outdoors more inclusive and welcoming for all Californians by fostering representation of Black, Indigenous, People of Color (BIPOC) and other historically excluded groups in outdoor spaces – through storytelling. Our Coastal Stories Grant Program seeks to fund projects that plan, develop, […] (Read more on Coastal Stories Grant...)