Public Resources Code Section 30103
- “Coastal zone” means that land and water area of the State of California from the Oregon border to the border of the Republic of Mexico, specified on the maps identified and set forth in Section 17 of that chapter of the Statutes of the 1975-76 Regular Session enacting this division, extending seaward to the state’s outer limit of jurisdiction, including all offshore islands, and extending inland generally 1,000 yards from the mean high tide line of the sea. In significant coastal estuarine, habitat, and recreational areas it extends inland to the first major ridgeline paralleling the sea or five miles from the mean high tide line of the sea, whichever is less, and in developed urban areas the zone generally extends inland less than 1,000 yards. The coastal zone does not include the area of jurisdiction of the San Francisco Bay Conservation and Development Commission, established pursuant to Title 7.2 (commencing with Section 66600) of the Government Code, nor any area contiguous thereto, including any river, stream, tributary, creek, or flood control or drainage channel flowing into such area.
- The commission shall, within 60 days after its first meeting, prepare and adopt a detailed map, on a scale of one inch equals 24,000 inches for the coastal zone and shall file a copy of the map with the county clerk of each coastal county. The purpose of this provision is to provide greater detail than is provided by the maps identified in Section 17 of that chapter of the Statutes of the 1975-76 Regular Session enacting this division. The commission may adjust the inland boundary of the coastal zone the minimum landward distance necessary up to a maximum of 100 yards except as otherwise provided in this subdivision, or the minimum distance seaward necessary up to a maximum of 200 yards, to avoid bisecting any single lot or parcel or to conform it to readily identifiable natural or manmade features. Where a landward adjustment is requested by the local government and agreed to by the property owner, the maximum distance shall be 200 yards.
- Notwithstanding map number 138 adopted pursuant to Section 17 of Chapter 1330 of the Statutes of 1976, as amended by Section 29 of Chapter 1331 of the Statutes of 1976, the inland boundary of the coastal zone in Los Angeles County in the vicinity of Los Angeles International Airport shall be the Pershing Drive built after January 1, 1970, rather than the Pershing Drive built prior to that date.
- Notwithstanding map number 149 adopted pursuant to Section 17 of Chapter 1330 of the Statutes of 1976, as amended by Section 29 of Chapter 1331 of the Statutes of 1976, the inland boundary of the coastal zone in the area of the City of San Juan Capistrano in Orange County shall exclude all portions of the City of San Juan Capistrano and shall follow Camino Capistrano and Via Serra and generally an extension of Via Serra to the point where it joins the existing coastal zone boundary.
- Notice of Intention to amend the Conflict of Interest Code of the State Coastal ConservancyThe Coastal Conservancy proposes to amend its conflict of interest code to include employee positions that involve the making or participation in the making of decisions that may foreseeably have a material effect on any financial interest, as set forth in subdivision (a) of section 87302 of the Government Code. The amendment carries out the […] (Read more on Notice of Intention...)
- Press Release: State Coastal Conservancy Awards $84 Million for Climate Resilience, Public Access, Habitat Restoration, and Wildfire ResilienceLast week, the Board of the State Coastal Conservancy authorized funding totaling $84 million for projects to protect and restore coastal lands, increase coastal resilience to climate change, improve public access to the coast, and reduce the impact of wildfire on coastal lands. Grants awarded include: $5,552,800 to the Redwood Community Action Agency to restore 350 […] (Read more on Press Release: State...)
- San Francisco Bay Area Water Trail Implementation Meeting #41 – September 29, 2023, 10am – 12pmAGENDA September 29, 2023 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. HYBRID MEETING Zoom Meeting Information: Please join us on Zoom at this link: https://scc-ca-gov.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZYkf-GtrDgjGtwqmo305QFC6HGMco5kob-0 Physical Meeting Location: Claremont Room, 375 Beale Street, San Francisco CA 94105 If you are planning to attend in person, please email Ben.email@example.com in advance so we know to expect you. We […] (Read more on San Francisco Bay...)