Public Resources Code Section 30103
- “Coastal zone” means that land and water area of the State of California from the Oregon border to the border of the Republic of Mexico, specified on the maps identified and set forth in Section 17 of that chapter of the Statutes of the 1975-76 Regular Session enacting this division, extending seaward to the state’s outer limit of jurisdiction, including all offshore islands, and extending inland generally 1,000 yards from the mean high tide line of the sea. In significant coastal estuarine, habitat, and recreational areas it extends inland to the first major ridgeline paralleling the sea or five miles from the mean high tide line of the sea, whichever is less, and in developed urban areas the zone generally extends inland less than 1,000 yards. The coastal zone does not include the area of jurisdiction of the San Francisco Bay Conservation and Development Commission, established pursuant to Title 7.2 (commencing with Section 66600) of the Government Code, nor any area contiguous thereto, including any river, stream, tributary, creek, or flood control or drainage channel flowing into such area.
- The commission shall, within 60 days after its first meeting, prepare and adopt a detailed map, on a scale of one inch equals 24,000 inches for the coastal zone and shall file a copy of the map with the county clerk of each coastal county. The purpose of this provision is to provide greater detail than is provided by the maps identified in Section 17 of that chapter of the Statutes of the 1975-76 Regular Session enacting this division. The commission may adjust the inland boundary of the coastal zone the minimum landward distance necessary up to a maximum of 100 yards except as otherwise provided in this subdivision, or the minimum distance seaward necessary up to a maximum of 200 yards, to avoid bisecting any single lot or parcel or to conform it to readily identifiable natural or manmade features. Where a landward adjustment is requested by the local government and agreed to by the property owner, the maximum distance shall be 200 yards.
- Notwithstanding map number 138 adopted pursuant to Section 17 of Chapter 1330 of the Statutes of 1976, as amended by Section 29 of Chapter 1331 of the Statutes of 1976, the inland boundary of the coastal zone in Los Angeles County in the vicinity of Los Angeles International Airport shall be the Pershing Drive built after January 1, 1970, rather than the Pershing Drive built prior to that date.
- Notwithstanding map number 149 adopted pursuant to Section 17 of Chapter 1330 of the Statutes of 1976, as amended by Section 29 of Chapter 1331 of the Statutes of 1976, the inland boundary of the coastal zone in the area of the City of San Juan Capistrano in Orange County shall exclude all portions of the City of San Juan Capistrano and shall follow Camino Capistrano and Via Serra and generally an extension of Via Serra to the point where it joins the existing coastal zone boundary.
- REQUEST FOR SERVICES (RFS): Community Engagement for the Ballona Wetlands Restoration ProjectThe California State Coastal Conservancy requests the services of an expert in participatory community engagement to develop and implement robust community engagement for the Ballona Wetlands Restoration Project (Project), located in the Ballona Wetlands Ecological Reserve in the City of Los Angeles. This RFS is being released for a second time in order to allow […] (Read more on REQUEST FOR SERVICES...)
- Job Posting: Administrative Deputy Executive Officer“Love the California Coast, the environment, supervising people, and public agency management? This might be the job for you!” The State Coastal Conservancy is seeking an experienced leader to join our Executive Management team as the Administrative Deputy Executive Officer, CEA, range A. The State Coastal Conservancy is headquartered in Oakland, CA. Reporting to the […] (Read more on Job Posting: Administrative...)
- Job Posting: Budget AnalystLove the California coast and the environment and working to support diversity and inclusion? This might be the job for you!” The position is located in Oakland, CA. Under the general direction of the Staff Services Manager II, the incumbent works as part of the Budget Unit, and in coordination with other administrative units, project staff, […] (Read more on Job Posting: Budget...)