San Francisco Bay Area Water Trail – Accessibility Subcommittee Meeting
September 17, 2013
10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
State Coastal Conservancy
1330 Broadway, 11th Floor Conference Room
Conference Call Information:
- To participate remotely by telephone, dial 1-888-232-3870; Participant code: 226167. Please use your mute button when not speaking and do not put us “on hold.”
- For live, online viewing of meeting materials projected on screen, if any, please register with “Gotomeeting” in advance of the meeting, allowing 15 minutes to finish that process. Join the meeting through this ID number: 875255610. The website address is www.gotomeeting.com. Click “Join a Meeting” in the upper right-hand corner to download the software and join the meeting. Or, you can try using this address: https://www2.gotomeeting.com/join/875255610.
Desired Outcomes of Meeting:
- Meeting attendees become (re-)acquainted with one another, and with purpose of sub-committee and its relationship to Water Trail Advisory Committee.
- Key points from “Issues and Recommendations for Improved Accessibility” are clarified and discussed for their merits and usefulness in Water Trail planning and implementation.
- Sub-committee members give feedback on draft accessibility survey and provide suggestions for broad and appropriate dissemination.
- Sub-committee members provide Water Trail staff with guidance regarding what kinds of sites they might like to visit with staff and why.
- Water Trail staff understands how boat storage could help increase access to non-motorized small boat use for persons with disabilities: structural design, location of storage on site, onsite staff assistance, and for which boat types.
10:00 Welcome, Introductions, Agenda Review, Ground Rules
10:10 Purpose of Sub-Committee and Clarification of Roles
10:15 Discussion of new draft accessibility survey
- Breadth and clarity of questions asked
- Proper handling of inquiries into type of disability
- Dissemination of survey
10:45 Proposed site visits on September 25
- Discussion of what you would like to accomplish by going to sites together
- Which sites and why
11:05 Discussion of “Issues and Recommendations for Improved Accessibility” for the San Francisco Bay Area Water Trail.
- Launch types evaluated – high float, low float, boat launch piers, low bank sandy beach, steep bank (p. 3)
- Specific recommended solutions (p. 6 – 20)
- Seven categories of key information (p. 4)
11:40 Boat storage – What kind of storage works?
11:50 Public comment
The meeting room is wheelchair accessible. Any person who has a disability and requires reasonable accommodation to participate in this meeting should contact Mr. Dick Wayman at (510) 286-4182 or firstname.lastname@example.org no later than five days prior to the meeting.
- REQUEST FOR SERVICES (RFS): Community Engagement for the Ballona Wetlands Restoration ProjectThe California State Coastal Conservancy requests the services of an expert in participatory community engagement to develop and implement robust community engagement for the Ballona Wetlands Restoration Project (Project), located in the Ballona Wetlands Ecological Reserve in the City of Los Angeles. This RFS is being released for a second time in order to allow […] (Read more on REQUEST FOR SERVICES...)
- Job Posting: Administrative Deputy Executive Officer“Love the California Coast, the environment, supervising people, and public agency management? This might be the job for you!” The State Coastal Conservancy is seeking an experienced leader to join our Executive Management team as the Administrative Deputy Executive Officer, CEA, range A. The State Coastal Conservancy is headquartered in Oakland, CA. Reporting to the […] (Read more on Job Posting: Administrative...)
- Job Posting: Budget AnalystLove the California coast and the environment and working to support diversity and inclusion? This might be the job for you!” The position is located in Oakland, CA. Under the general direction of the Staff Services Manager II, the incumbent works as part of the Budget Unit, and in coordination with other administrative units, project staff, […] (Read more on Job Posting: Budget...)