San Francisco Bay Area Water Trail – Accessibility Subcommittee Meeting
September 17, 2013
10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
State Coastal Conservancy
1330 Broadway, 11th Floor Conference Room
Conference Call Information:
- To participate remotely by telephone, dial 1-888-232-3870; Participant code: 226167. Please use your mute button when not speaking and do not put us “on hold.”
- For live, online viewing of meeting materials projected on screen, if any, please register with “Gotomeeting” in advance of the meeting, allowing 15 minutes to finish that process. Join the meeting through this ID number: 875255610. The website address is www.gotomeeting.com. Click “Join a Meeting” in the upper right-hand corner to download the software and join the meeting. Or, you can try using this address: https://www2.gotomeeting.com/join/875255610.
Desired Outcomes of Meeting:
- Meeting attendees become (re-)acquainted with one another, and with purpose of sub-committee and its relationship to Water Trail Advisory Committee.
- Key points from “Issues and Recommendations for Improved Accessibility” are clarified and discussed for their merits and usefulness in Water Trail planning and implementation.
- Sub-committee members give feedback on draft accessibility survey and provide suggestions for broad and appropriate dissemination.
- Sub-committee members provide Water Trail staff with guidance regarding what kinds of sites they might like to visit with staff and why.
- Water Trail staff understands how boat storage could help increase access to non-motorized small boat use for persons with disabilities: structural design, location of storage on site, onsite staff assistance, and for which boat types.
10:00 Welcome, Introductions, Agenda Review, Ground Rules
10:10 Purpose of Sub-Committee and Clarification of Roles
10:15 Discussion of new draft accessibility survey
- Breadth and clarity of questions asked
- Proper handling of inquiries into type of disability
- Dissemination of survey
10:45 Proposed site visits on September 25
- Discussion of what you would like to accomplish by going to sites together
- Which sites and why
11:05 Discussion of “Issues and Recommendations for Improved Accessibility” for the San Francisco Bay Area Water Trail.
- Launch types evaluated – high float, low float, boat launch piers, low bank sandy beach, steep bank (p. 3)
- Specific recommended solutions (p. 6 – 20)
- Seven categories of key information (p. 4)
11:40 Boat storage – What kind of storage works?
11:50 Public comment
The meeting room is wheelchair accessible. Any person who has a disability and requires reasonable accommodation to participate in this meeting should contact Mr. Dick Wayman at (510) 286-4182 or email@example.com no later than five days prior to the meeting.
- Notice of Intention to amend the Conflict of Interest Code of the State Coastal ConservancyThe Coastal Conservancy proposes to amend its conflict of interest code to include employee positions that involve the making or participation in the making of decisions that may foreseeably have a material effect on any financial interest, as set forth in subdivision (a) of section 87302 of the Government Code. The amendment carries out the […] (Read more on Notice of Intention...)
- Press Release: State Coastal Conservancy Awards $84 Million for Climate Resilience, Public Access, Habitat Restoration, and Wildfire ResilienceLast week, the Board of the State Coastal Conservancy authorized funding totaling $84 million for projects to protect and restore coastal lands, increase coastal resilience to climate change, improve public access to the coast, and reduce the impact of wildfire on coastal lands. Grants awarded include: $5,552,800 to the Redwood Community Action Agency to restore 350 […] (Read more on Press Release: State...)
- San Francisco Bay Area Water Trail Implementation Meeting #41 – September 29, 2023, 10am – 12pmAGENDA September 29, 2023 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. HYBRID MEETING Zoom Meeting Information: Please join us on Zoom at this link: https://scc-ca-gov.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZYkf-GtrDgjGtwqmo305QFC6HGMco5kob-0 Physical Meeting Location: Claremont Room, 375 Beale Street, San Francisco CA 94105 If you are planning to attend in person, please email Ben.firstname.lastname@example.org in advance so we know to expect you. We […] (Read more on San Francisco Bay...)