San Francisco Bay Area Water Trail – Accessibility Subcommittee Meeting
September 17, 2013
10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
State Coastal Conservancy
1330 Broadway, 11th Floor Conference Room
Conference Call Information:
- To participate remotely by telephone, dial 1-888-232-3870; Participant code: 226167. Please use your mute button when not speaking and do not put us “on hold.”
- For live, online viewing of meeting materials projected on screen, if any, please register with “Gotomeeting” in advance of the meeting, allowing 15 minutes to finish that process. Join the meeting through this ID number: 875255610. The website address is www.gotomeeting.com. Click “Join a Meeting” in the upper right-hand corner to download the software and join the meeting. Or, you can try using this address: https://www2.gotomeeting.com/join/875255610.
Desired Outcomes of Meeting:
- Meeting attendees become (re-)acquainted with one another, and with purpose of sub-committee and its relationship to Water Trail Advisory Committee.
- Key points from “Issues and Recommendations for Improved Accessibility” are clarified and discussed for their merits and usefulness in Water Trail planning and implementation.
- Sub-committee members give feedback on draft accessibility survey and provide suggestions for broad and appropriate dissemination.
- Sub-committee members provide Water Trail staff with guidance regarding what kinds of sites they might like to visit with staff and why.
- Water Trail staff understands how boat storage could help increase access to non-motorized small boat use for persons with disabilities: structural design, location of storage on site, onsite staff assistance, and for which boat types.
10:00 Welcome, Introductions, Agenda Review, Ground Rules
10:10 Purpose of Sub-Committee and Clarification of Roles
10:15 Discussion of new draft accessibility survey
- Breadth and clarity of questions asked
- Proper handling of inquiries into type of disability
- Dissemination of survey
10:45 Proposed site visits on September 25
- Discussion of what you would like to accomplish by going to sites together
- Which sites and why
11:05 Discussion of “Issues and Recommendations for Improved Accessibility” for the San Francisco Bay Area Water Trail.
- Launch types evaluated – high float, low float, boat launch piers, low bank sandy beach, steep bank (p. 3)
- Specific recommended solutions (p. 6 – 20)
- Seven categories of key information (p. 4)
11:40 Boat storage – What kind of storage works?
11:50 Public comment
The meeting room is wheelchair accessible. Any person who has a disability and requires reasonable accommodation to participate in this meeting should contact Mr. Dick Wayman at (510) 286-4182 or email@example.com no later than five days prior to the meeting.
- Coastal Conservancy Public Zoom Meeting – September 23, 2021Meeting Notice Douglas Bosco (Public Member), Chair Ann Notthoff (Public Member), Vice Chair Marce Gutiérrez-Graudiņš (Public Member) Joseph Alioto Jr. (Public Member) Wade Crowfoot, Secretary for Natural Resources; Bryan Cash (Designated) Stephen Padilla, Coastal Commission Chair; Alison Dettmer (Designated) Keely Bosler, Director, Department of Finance; Gayle Miller (Designated) Senate Representatives Benjamin Allen (District 26) Josh […] (Read more on Coastal Conservancy Public...)
- San Francisco Bay Area Water Trail Implementation Meeting #38 – September 10, 2021AGENDA September 10, 2021 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. VIRTUAL MEETING ZOOM Meeting Information: For live, online viewing of meeting, go to this address: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/96517077363?pwd=N1NVR0NUQklvSUJEUXErSElVNmdPdz09 Passcode: 869321 To participate remotely by telephone: Dial (for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location): +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose) +1 346 […] (Read more on San Francisco Bay...)
- Job Posting: Staff Services Analyst or Conservancy Program Development Analyst I“Love the California coast and the environment? This might be the job for you!” The position is located in Oakland, CA. Applications received without ALL the required items (state application std. 678, copy of diploma and/or transcripts, and cover letter), will NOT receive further consideration for this position. SCC will fill the vacancy at the Conservancy Program […] (Read more on Job Posting: Staff...)