San Francisco Bay Area Water Trail Implementation Meeting #14 – June 12, 2015
10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
State Coastal Conservancy
1330 Broadway, 11th Floor Conference Room
Conference Call / Webinar Information:
To participate remotely by telephone, dial 1-877-336-1831; Participant code: 226167. Please use your mute button when not speaking and do not put us “on hold.”
For live, online viewing of meeting materials, go to www.gotomeeting.com, click “Join a Meeting,” and type this meeting ID number into the box: 782-280-389. Or, you may try using this address: https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/782280389.
Desired Outcomes of Meeting:
- Attendees are informed of Water Trail-related activities, progress, and accomplishments;
- Attendees learn about and provide input on plans for the Richmond Waterfront as a potential Water Trail site;
- Project Management Team makes a consensus-based decision on designation of Cuttings Wharf trailhead after receiving Advisory Committee guidance; and
- Attendees participate in information exchange with guest representatives regarding launching and landing needs for dragon boats.
Time – Agenda Items
10:00 – Welcome, Introductions, Agenda Review, and Meeting Ground Rules
10:10 – Updates and Announcements from Project Management Team, Water Trail Staff, and Advisory Committee Members
10:30 – Presentation on Richmond Waterfront as Potential Water Trail Site
- Presentation by Chad Mason of the San Francisco Bay Area Water Emergency Transportation Authority
- Questions and discussion
11:00 – Trailhead Designation Consideration: Cuttings Wharf (County of Napa)
- Presentation and Site Description review
- Discussion with Advisory Committee
- Public comment
- Advisory Committee consensus guidance to Project Management Team on trailhead designation
- Project Management Team discussion and decision on conditional designation
12: 00 – Break
12:15 – Boat types and their launching and landing needs – panel of representatives answers questions about what works and what is needed for dragon boats.
12:50 – Public Comment
1:00 – Adjourn
Agenda items may be taken out of sequence at the discretion of the Project Management Team; times are approximate.
Questions regarding this meeting may be addressed to Dick Wayman, Coastal Conservancy Project Manager at (510) 286-4182, or Dick.Wayman@scc.ca.gov.
The meeting room is wheelchair accessible. Any person who has a disability and requires reasonable accommodation to participate in this meeting should contact Dick Wayman (contact information above) no later than five days prior to the meeting.
- REQUEST FOR SERVICES (RFS): Community Engagement for the Ballona Wetlands Restoration ProjectThe California State Coastal Conservancy requests the services of an expert in participatory community engagement to develop and implement robust community engagement for the Ballona Wetlands Restoration Project (Project), located in the Ballona Wetlands Ecological Reserve in the City of Los Angeles. This RFS is being released for a second time in order to allow […] (Read more on REQUEST FOR SERVICES...)
- Job Posting: Administrative Deputy Executive Officer“Love the California Coast, the environment, supervising people, and public agency management? This might be the job for you!” The State Coastal Conservancy is seeking an experienced leader to join our Executive Management team as the Administrative Deputy Executive Officer, CEA, range A. The State Coastal Conservancy is headquartered in Oakland, CA. Reporting to the […] (Read more on Job Posting: Administrative...)
- Job Posting: Budget AnalystLove the California coast and the environment and working to support diversity and inclusion? This might be the job for you!” The position is located in Oakland, CA. Under the general direction of the Staff Services Manager II, the incumbent works as part of the Budget Unit, and in coordination with other administrative units, project staff, […] (Read more on Job Posting: Budget...)