San Francisco Bay Area Water Trail Implementation Meeting #14 – June 12, 2015
10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
State Coastal Conservancy
1330 Broadway, 11th Floor Conference Room
Conference Call / Webinar Information:
To participate remotely by telephone, dial 1-877-336-1831; Participant code: 226167. Please use your mute button when not speaking and do not put us “on hold.”
For live, online viewing of meeting materials, go to www.gotomeeting.com, click “Join a Meeting,” and type this meeting ID number into the box: 782-280-389. Or, you may try using this address: https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/782280389.
Desired Outcomes of Meeting:
- Attendees are informed of Water Trail-related activities, progress, and accomplishments;
- Attendees learn about and provide input on plans for the Richmond Waterfront as a potential Water Trail site;
- Project Management Team makes a consensus-based decision on designation of Cuttings Wharf trailhead after receiving Advisory Committee guidance; and
- Attendees participate in information exchange with guest representatives regarding launching and landing needs for dragon boats.
Time – Agenda Items
10:00 – Welcome, Introductions, Agenda Review, and Meeting Ground Rules
10:10 – Updates and Announcements from Project Management Team, Water Trail Staff, and Advisory Committee Members
10:30 – Presentation on Richmond Waterfront as Potential Water Trail Site
- Presentation by Chad Mason of the San Francisco Bay Area Water Emergency Transportation Authority
- Questions and discussion
11:00 – Trailhead Designation Consideration: Cuttings Wharf (County of Napa)
- Presentation and Site Description review
- Discussion with Advisory Committee
- Public comment
- Advisory Committee consensus guidance to Project Management Team on trailhead designation
- Project Management Team discussion and decision on conditional designation
12: 00 – Break
12:15 – Boat types and their launching and landing needs – panel of representatives answers questions about what works and what is needed for dragon boats.
12:50 – Public Comment
1:00 – Adjourn
Agenda items may be taken out of sequence at the discretion of the Project Management Team; times are approximate.
Questions regarding this meeting may be addressed to Dick Wayman, Coastal Conservancy Project Manager at (510) 286-4182, or Dick.Wayman@scc.ca.gov.
The meeting room is wheelchair accessible. Any person who has a disability and requires reasonable accommodation to participate in this meeting should contact Dick Wayman (contact information above) no later than five days prior to the meeting.
- Coastal Conservancy Public Meeting in Pacific Grove – December 01Meeting Notice Douglas Bosco (Public Member), Chair Ann Notthoff (Public Member), Vice Chair Marce Gutiérrez-Graudi?š (Public Member) Joseph Alioto Jr. (Public Member) Wade Crowfoot, Secretary for Natural Resources; Bryan Cash (Designated) Donne Brownsey, Coastal Commission Chair; Madeline Cavalieri (Designated) Keely Bosler, Director, Department of Finance; Gayle Miller (Designated) Senate Representatives Benjamin Allen (District 26) […] (Read more on Coastal Conservancy Public...)
- SCC Grant Availability Webinar Nov 9The State of California has made an unprecedented investment in the resilience and accessibility of the coast. As a result, the Coastal Conservancy has significant funding available to non-profit organizations, public agencies, and federally-recognized tribes for projects that benefit public access, natural resources, working lands, and climate resiliency at the coast, coastal watersheds, and the San […] (Read more on SCC Grant Availability...)
- Call for Applications to Serve on the Explore the Coast Advisory BoardCalifornia’s ocean, coast, and beaches have long been recognized and used as spaces of joy, relaxation, and healing. The State Coastal Conservancy’s Explore the Coast (ETC) grant program seeks to provide coastal experiences for people and communities who face challenges or barriers to accessing or enjoying the coast (“ETC Priority Communities”). ETC Priority Communities […] (Read more on Call for Applications...)