Improve Your Grant Writing Skills
On September 15, 2016, the Conservancy held a webinar for 150 people on how to Improve Your Grant Writing Skills. The training covered the following topics:
- Reviewing Grant Proposals – A funder’s perspective
- Grant Solicitations – Key strategies for success. How do you decide if a potential grant program is a good fit for your project or worth your time to apply for? Is this the right time to apply for the particular funding source? How do you position yourself for success?
- Describing Your Project – Being able to describe your project clearly and concisely yet also with sufficient detail is critical to successful grant writing. We will go over key elements and common pitfalls to help you hone your grant writing skills.
- Grant Questions and Scoring Criteria – We will discuss strategies for addressing grant questions and the challenges they pose such as repetitive questions, questions that don’t address core pieces of your project, questions that don’t match with the scoring criteria, unclear questions, and other challenges for grant writers.
- Budgets – The ins and outs of how to present your project’s budget. Ultimately it all comes down to money, so a well developed budget is very important.
- No brainer checklist – Our list of things you absolutely must do with every grant application.
- REQUEST FOR SERVICES (RFS): Community Engagement for the Ballona Wetlands Restoration ProjectThe California State Coastal Conservancy requests the services of an expert in participatory community engagement to develop and implement robust community engagement for the Ballona Wetlands Restoration Project (Project), located in the Ballona Wetlands Ecological Reserve in the City of Los Angeles. This RFS is being released for a second time in order to allow […] (Read more on REQUEST FOR SERVICES...)
- Job Posting: Administrative Deputy Executive Officer“Love the California Coast, the environment, supervising people, and public agency management? This might be the job for you!” The State Coastal Conservancy is seeking an experienced leader to join our Executive Management team as the Administrative Deputy Executive Officer, CEA, range A. The State Coastal Conservancy is headquartered in Oakland, CA. Reporting to the […] (Read more on Job Posting: Administrative...)
- Job Posting: Budget AnalystLove the California coast and the environment and working to support diversity and inclusion? This might be the job for you!” The position is located in Oakland, CA. Under the general direction of the Staff Services Manager II, the incumbent works as part of the Budget Unit, and in coordination with other administrative units, project staff, […] (Read more on Job Posting: Budget...)