Join us at our Global Climate Action Summit Affiliate Event, Innovation and Climate Adaptation in San Francisco Bay
Bringing Together Research, Large-Scale Investment, Community Resilience Policy, and Public Education
Wednesday, September 12, 2018 ¬ 6:00–8:30 p.m.
Free, RSVP required. Email firstname.lastname@example.org,
or call 415.528.4444, and choose option 5.
An interdisciplinary panel of Bay Area experts will share approaches to climate change adaptation and engagement that are helping to create
a better future for the Bay and its communities. Topics will include:
- Large-scale investment in carbon sequestration and natural infrastructure—the infrastructure aspects of natural systems
- Science-based shoreline planning
- Enabling civic agency through place-based environmental education rooted in inquiry
- Innovations in funding, governance, and leadership
Sam Schuchat, California State Coastal Conservancy; Julie Beagle,
Resilient Landscapes Program, San Francisco Estuary Institute; Laura Tam, sustainable development policy director, SPUR; Susan Schwartzenberg, Exploratorium environmental initiative; Shawn Lani, Studio for Public Spaces, Exploratorium
This is an affiliate event of the Global Climate Action Summit 2018,
hosted by the Exploratorium, the California State Coastal Conservancy,
San Francisco Estuary Institute, and SPUR. Light refreshments will be served.
- Coastal Conservancy Public Zoom Meeting – September 23, 2021Meeting Notice Douglas Bosco (Public Member), Chair Ann Notthoff (Public Member), Vice Chair Marce Gutiérrez-Graudiņš (Public Member) Joseph Alioto Jr. (Public Member) Wade Crowfoot, Secretary for Natural Resources; Bryan Cash (Designated) Stephen Padilla, Coastal Commission Chair; Alison Dettmer (Designated) Keely Bosler, Director, Department of Finance; Gayle Miller (Designated) Senate Representatives Benjamin Allen (District 26) Josh […] (Read more on Coastal Conservancy Public...)
- San Francisco Bay Area Water Trail Implementation Meeting #38 – September 10, 2021AGENDA September 10, 2021 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. VIRTUAL MEETING ZOOM Meeting Information: For live, online viewing of meeting, go to this address: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/96517077363?pwd=N1NVR0NUQklvSUJEUXErSElVNmdPdz09 Passcode: 869321 To participate remotely by telephone: Dial (for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location): +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose) +1 346 […] (Read more on San Francisco Bay...)
- Job Posting: Staff Services Analyst or Conservancy Program Development Analyst I“Love the California coast and the environment? This might be the job for you!” The position is located in Oakland, CA. Applications received without ALL the required items (state application std. 678, copy of diploma and/or transcripts, and cover letter), will NOT receive further consideration for this position. SCC will fill the vacancy at the Conservancy Program […] (Read more on Job Posting: Staff...)