Join us at our Global Climate Action Summit Affiliate Event, Innovation and Climate Adaptation in San Francisco Bay
Bringing Together Research, Large-Scale Investment, Community Resilience Policy, and Public Education
Wednesday, September 12, 2018 ¬ 6:00–8:30 p.m.
Free, RSVP required. Email email@example.com,
or call 415.528.4444, and choose option 5.
An interdisciplinary panel of Bay Area experts will share approaches to climate change adaptation and engagement that are helping to create
a better future for the Bay and its communities. Topics will include:
- Large-scale investment in carbon sequestration and natural infrastructure—the infrastructure aspects of natural systems
- Science-based shoreline planning
- Enabling civic agency through place-based environmental education rooted in inquiry
- Innovations in funding, governance, and leadership
Sam Schuchat, California State Coastal Conservancy; Julie Beagle,
Resilient Landscapes Program, San Francisco Estuary Institute; Laura Tam, sustainable development policy director, SPUR; Susan Schwartzenberg, Exploratorium environmental initiative; Shawn Lani, Studio for Public Spaces, Exploratorium
This is an affiliate event of the Global Climate Action Summit 2018,
hosted by the Exploratorium, the California State Coastal Conservancy,
San Francisco Estuary Institute, and SPUR. Light refreshments will be served.
- Coastal Conservancy Adopts Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Guidelines; Awards $7.8 Million for Coastal Restoration, Preservation and Public AccessOakland, CA – This week, the Board of the California State Coastal Conservancy unanimously adopted guidelines for Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (JEDI) and awarded $7.8 million to 13 projects to protect and restore the California coast and San Francisco Bay, and increase public access to these natural resources. The JEDI Guidelines will steer […] (Read more on Coastal Conservancy Adopts...)
- San Francisco Bay Area Water Trail Implementation Meeting #34 – September 18, 2020AGENDA 10:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Location – VIRTUAL MEETING Please click this URL to join Zoom webinar: https://zoom.us/j/92189490950?pwd=WGdYQ0RZeHlwZEZuMitweWJtWmZqZz09 Passcode: 870128 Or join by phone: Dial (for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location): +1 669 900 6833 or; +1 253 215 8782 or; +1 346 248 7799 Webinar ID: 921 […] (Read more on San Francisco Bay...)
- Proposition 68, Tijuana River Border Pollution Control RFP, due October 15, 2020The Coastal Conservancy is a state agency, established in 1976, to work proactively with local communities to implement multi-benefit projects that protect and enhance coastal resources. The Conservancy’s enabling legislation is Division 21 of the Public Resources Code, which can be found here. Division 21 authorizes the Conservancy to undertake projects and award grants to […] (Read more on Proposition 68, Tijuana...)