Join us at our Global Climate Action Summit Affiliate Event, Innovation and Climate Adaptation in San Francisco Bay
Bringing Together Research, Large-Scale Investment, Community Resilience Policy, and Public Education
Wednesday, September 12, 2018 ¬ 6:00–8:30 p.m.
Free, RSVP required. Email email@example.com,
or call 415.528.4444, and choose option 5.
An interdisciplinary panel of Bay Area experts will share approaches to climate change adaptation and engagement that are helping to create
a better future for the Bay and its communities. Topics will include:
- Large-scale investment in carbon sequestration and natural infrastructure—the infrastructure aspects of natural systems
- Science-based shoreline planning
- Enabling civic agency through place-based environmental education rooted in inquiry
- Innovations in funding, governance, and leadership
Sam Schuchat, California State Coastal Conservancy; Julie Beagle,
Resilient Landscapes Program, San Francisco Estuary Institute; Laura Tam, sustainable development policy director, SPUR; Susan Schwartzenberg, Exploratorium environmental initiative; Shawn Lani, Studio for Public Spaces, Exploratorium
This is an affiliate event of the Global Climate Action Summit 2018,
hosted by the Exploratorium, the California State Coastal Conservancy,
San Francisco Estuary Institute, and SPUR. Light refreshments will be served.
- Webinar: Updating our Project Selection Criteria, June 21The Coastal Conservancy is updating its project selection criteria and we are asking for public comments on the proposed new criteria. The draft proposed criteria are here. There will be a webinar to discuss the proposed criteria on June 21 at 1:00 p,m PST, to register, click here. If you would like to send […] (Read more on Webinar: Updating our...)
- REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS: Consultant to Assess Community Engagement & Benefits of Grant Program, “Advancing Nature-Based Adaptation Solutions in Marin County”Led by the CA State Coastal Conservancy and the Marin Community Foundation The California State Coastal Conservancy (SCC) is seeking qualifications of potential Consultants to assess the community engagement and benefits provided by a three-year grant program conducted by SCC in partnership with the Marin Community Foundation (MCF), “Advancing Nature-Based Adaptation Solutions in Marin County”. […] (Read more on REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS:...)
- San Francisco Bay Area Water Trail Implementation Meeting #37 – June 18, 2021AGENDA 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Location – VIRTUAL MEETING Please click this URL to join Zoom webinar: https://zoom.us/j/96312410067?pwd=MUNLaTE2OS9PR3RmVVVBQ0M4TUtvQT09 Passcode: 035802 Or join by phone: Dial (for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location): +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose) +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston) +1 253 215 8782 (Tacoma) […] (Read more on San Francisco Bay...)