Join us at our Global Climate Action Summit Affiliate Event, Innovation and Climate Adaptation in San Francisco Bay
Bringing Together Research, Large-Scale Investment, Community Resilience Policy, and Public Education
Wednesday, September 12, 2018 ¬ 6:00–8:30 p.m.
Free, RSVP required. Email firstname.lastname@example.org,
or call 415.528.4444, and choose option 5.
An interdisciplinary panel of Bay Area experts will share approaches to climate change adaptation and engagement that are helping to create
a better future for the Bay and its communities. Topics will include:
- Large-scale investment in carbon sequestration and natural infrastructure—the infrastructure aspects of natural systems
- Science-based shoreline planning
- Enabling civic agency through place-based environmental education rooted in inquiry
- Innovations in funding, governance, and leadership
Sam Schuchat, California State Coastal Conservancy; Julie Beagle,
Resilient Landscapes Program, San Francisco Estuary Institute; Laura Tam, sustainable development policy director, SPUR; Susan Schwartzenberg, Exploratorium environmental initiative; Shawn Lani, Studio for Public Spaces, Exploratorium
This is an affiliate event of the Global Climate Action Summit 2018,
hosted by the Exploratorium, the California State Coastal Conservancy,
San Francisco Estuary Institute, and SPUR. Light refreshments will be served.
- Coastal Conservancy Awards Nearly $18 Million for Coastal Restoration, Preservation and Public AccessBoard approves funding for land acquisitions, accessways, wharf repairs Oakland, CA – Today, the Board of the California State Coastal Conservancy awarded $17.9 million to 18 projects to protect and restore the California coast and San Francisco Bay, and increase public access to these natural resources. Among these grants was $5 million to […] (Read more on Coastal Conservancy Awards...)
- Joseph M. Alioto Jr. Appointed as Conservancy MemberJoseph M. Alioto Jr, 48, of San Francisco, has been appointed to the California State Coastal Conservancy. Alioto Jr. has been a sole practitioner at Joseph Alioto Law since 2020, specializing in antitrust, whistleblower and civil rights cases. He was a partner at Cotchett, Pitre & McCarthy, LLP from 2019 to 2020. He served as […] (Read more on Joseph M. Alioto...)
- Coastal Conservancy Public Zoom Meeting – June 18Meeting Notice Douglas Bosco (Public Member), Chair Ann Notthoff (Public Member), Vice Chair Marce Gutiérrez-Graudinš (Public Member) Wade Crowfoot, Secretary for Natural Resources; Bryan Cash (Designated) Stephen Padilla, Coastal Commission Chair; Susan Hansch (Designated) Keely Bosler, Director, Department of Finance; Gayle Miller (Designated) Senate Representatives Benjamin Allen (District 26) Bill Monning (District 17) Jerry Hill […] (Read more on Coastal Conservancy Public...)