Webinar: Meaningful Community Engagement
The Coastal Conservancy is hosting a webinar on Thursday, February 21st 2019 from 1-2 pm exploring meaningful community engagement in project development. Three speakers working on projects across the state will discuss how they’ve engaged communities to develop projects that benefit local communities. The speakers will discuss how their community engagement approach was developed, what strategies were used to increase participation, and what lessons were learned along the way.
Materials from the webinar:
- A recording of the webinar can be found by clicking here
- Draft guidance document “Tips for Meaningful Community Engagement“. Please provide any feedback on the draft guidance document to email@example.com.
About the Speakers:
Rachel Saunders of Big Sur Land Trust will discuss the robust community engagement process that Big Sur Land Trust and their coalition of partners have undertaken to “co-create” a park and open space at Carr Lake in the heart of Salinas, Monterey County. The community engagement and planning process was pursued to ensure that community needs would be met while instilling a sense of ownership for residents.
Michele Montano of the Council for Watershed Health and David Diaz of Bike San Gabriel Valley will discuss community engagement conducted during development of the Merced Avenue Greenway in the City of South El Monte in Los Angeles County.
- Public Input Period: Updating the Project Selection CriteriaThe Coastal Conservancy is updating its project selection criteria and we are asking for public comments on the proposed new criteria. The draft proposed criteria are here. There will be a webinar to discuss the proposed criteria on April 16 at 10:00, to register, click here. If you would like to send in comments, you […] (Read more on Public Input Period:...)
- Job Posting: Accounting Officer“Love the California coast and the environment? This might be the job for you!” The position is located in Oakland, CA. Applications received without ALL the required items, will NOT receive further consideration for this position. A copy of your transcripts or diploma is required, if you are on the Accounting Officer (specialist) Eligibility list. This advertisement will be […] (Read more on Job Posting: Accounting...)
- Coastal Conservancy Awards Nearly $17 Million for Coastal Restoration, Preservation and Public AccessOakland, CA – Today, the Board of the California State Coastal Conservancy awarded over $16.9 million to 13 projects to protect and restore the California coast and San Francisco Bay, and increase public access to these natural resources. Among these grant awards were over $4.4 million from the US Fish and Wildlife Service National […] (Read more on Coastal Conservancy Awards...)