Webinar: Meaningful Community Engagement
The Coastal Conservancy is hosting a webinar on Thursday, February 21st 2019 from 1-2 pm exploring meaningful community engagement in project development. Three speakers working on projects across the state will discuss how they’ve engaged communities to develop projects that benefit local communities. The speakers will discuss how their community engagement approach was developed, what strategies were used to increase participation, and what lessons were learned along the way.
Materials from the webinar:
- A recording of the webinar can be found by clicking here
- Draft guidance document “Tips for Meaningful Community Engagement“. Please provide any feedback on the draft guidance document to email@example.com.
About the Speakers:
Rachel Saunders of Big Sur Land Trust will discuss the robust community engagement process that Big Sur Land Trust and their coalition of partners have undertaken to “co-create” a park and open space at Carr Lake in the heart of Salinas, Monterey County. The community engagement and planning process was pursued to ensure that community needs would be met while instilling a sense of ownership for residents.
Michele Montano of the Council for Watershed Health and David Diaz of Bike San Gabriel Valley will discuss community engagement conducted during development of the Merced Avenue Greenway in the City of South El Monte in Los Angeles County.
- Coastal Conservancy Awards Nearly $18 Million for Coastal Restoration, Preservation and Public AccessBoard approves funding for land acquisitions, accessways, wharf repairs Oakland, CA – Today, the Board of the California State Coastal Conservancy awarded $17.9 million to 18 projects to protect and restore the California coast and San Francisco Bay, and increase public access to these natural resources. Among these grants was $5 million to […] (Read more on Coastal Conservancy Awards...)
- Joseph M. Alioto Jr. Appointed as Conservancy MemberJoseph M. Alioto Jr, 48, of San Francisco, has been appointed to the California State Coastal Conservancy. Alioto Jr. has been a sole practitioner at Joseph Alioto Law since 2020, specializing in antitrust, whistleblower and civil rights cases. He was a partner at Cotchett, Pitre & McCarthy, LLP from 2019 to 2020. He served as […] (Read more on Joseph M. Alioto...)
- Coastal Conservancy Public Zoom Meeting – June 18Meeting Notice Douglas Bosco (Public Member), Chair Ann Notthoff (Public Member), Vice Chair Marce Gutiérrez-Graudinš (Public Member) Wade Crowfoot, Secretary for Natural Resources; Bryan Cash (Designated) Stephen Padilla, Coastal Commission Chair; Susan Hansch (Designated) Keely Bosler, Director, Department of Finance; Gayle Miller (Designated) Senate Representatives Benjamin Allen (District 26) Bill Monning (District 17) Jerry Hill […] (Read more on Coastal Conservancy Public...)