Webinar: Meaningful Community Engagement
The Coastal Conservancy is hosting a webinar on Thursday, February 21st 2019 from 1-2 pm exploring meaningful community engagement in project development. Three speakers working on projects across the state will discuss how they’ve engaged communities to develop projects that benefit local communities. The speakers will discuss how their community engagement approach was developed, what strategies were used to increase participation, and what lessons were learned along the way.
Materials from the webinar:
- A recording of the webinar can be found by clicking here
- Draft guidance document “Tips for Meaningful Community Engagement“. Please provide any feedback on the draft guidance document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Speakers:
Rachel Saunders of Big Sur Land Trust will discuss the robust community engagement process that Big Sur Land Trust and their coalition of partners have undertaken to “co-create” a park and open space at Carr Lake in the heart of Salinas, Monterey County. The community engagement and planning process was pursued to ensure that community needs would be met while instilling a sense of ownership for residents.
Michele Montano of the Council for Watershed Health and David Diaz of Bike San Gabriel Valley will discuss community engagement conducted during development of the Merced Avenue Greenway in the City of South El Monte in Los Angeles County.
- Updated Information for Working with the ConservancyDear Friends of the Coastal Conservancy, The last few weeks have presented all of us with unprecedented challenges both at home and at work. I hope that you, your family and friends, and your co-workers are all safe and well during this stressful and frightening time. In compliance with directives from the Governor and the […] (Read more on Updated Information for...)
- Job Posting: Project Support Analyst, SF Bay Program“Love the California coast, the San Francisco Bay and the environment? This might be the job for you!” The position is located in Oakland, CA. Applications received without ALL the required items, will NOT receive further consideration for this position. A copy of your transcripts or diploma is required, if you are on the Staff Services Eligibility […] (Read more on Job Posting: Project...)
- Deadlines Extended for Grant ApplicationsDue to the COVID-19 precautions in place throughout California, we have extended the application deadline for our North Coast Proposition 1 grants to April 27, and for Explore the Coast grants to April 20. For more information, please see the links below: Explore the Coast Grant Applications are due March 30, 2020 April 20, 2020 […] (Read more on Deadlines Extended for...)