Webinar: Meaningful Community Engagement
The Coastal Conservancy is hosting a webinar on Thursday, February 21st 2019 from 1-2 pm exploring meaningful community engagement in project development. Three speakers working on projects across the state will discuss how they’ve engaged communities to develop projects that benefit local communities. The speakers will discuss how their community engagement approach was developed, what strategies were used to increase participation, and what lessons were learned along the way.
Materials from the webinar:
- A recording of the webinar can be found by clicking here
- Draft guidance document “Tips for Meaningful Community Engagement“. Please provide any feedback on the draft guidance document to email@example.com.
About the Speakers:
Rachel Saunders of Big Sur Land Trust will discuss the robust community engagement process that Big Sur Land Trust and their coalition of partners have undertaken to “co-create” a park and open space at Carr Lake in the heart of Salinas, Monterey County. The community engagement and planning process was pursued to ensure that community needs would be met while instilling a sense of ownership for residents.
Michele Montano of the Council for Watershed Health and David Diaz of Bike San Gabriel Valley will discuss community engagement conducted during development of the Merced Avenue Greenway in the City of South El Monte in Los Angeles County.
- News Release: State Coastal Conservancy Awards $78 Million for Climate Resilience, Public Access, Habitat Restoration and Wildfire Resilience(Sacramento, CA) – Today (6/1/2023), the Board of the State Coastal Conservancy authorized funding totaling nearly $78 million for 34 projects to protect and restore coastal lands, increase coastal resilience to climate change, improve public access to the coast, and reduce the impact of wildfire on coastal lands. “Our California coast is under growing threat […] (Read more on News Release: State...)
- Job Postings: Accountant Trainee (2 positions)The Coastal Conservancy is recruiting for two (2) Accountant Trainees who will be working alongside with our accounting team. “Love the California coast, the environment, and accounting? This might be the job for you! SCC Accounting Unit is seeking for two highly motivated individuals to work as Accountant Trainees. The State Coastal Conservancy (SCC) values […] (Read more on Job Postings: Accountant...)
- Job Posting: Accounting Manager“Love the California coast, the environment, and managing accounting? This might be the job for you!” The State Coastal Conservancy (SCC) values diversity at all levels of the organization and is committed to fostering an environment in which employees from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed and can thrive. We believe […] (Read more on Job Posting: Accounting...)
Visit the State of California
Department of Public Health online
for all the latest publicly available information
and guidance on the COVID-19 virus