Santa Ana River Conservancy Program Explore the River Grants
Santa Ana River Conservancy Program
Explore the River Grants
The Santa Ana River Conservancy program of the California State Coastal Conservancy (Conservancy) announces the availability of grants to public agencies, tribes and nonprofit organizations for programs that facilitate and enhance the public’s opportunities to explore the Santa Ana River and its tributaries. The Explore the River grant program seeks to provide experiences for people and communities who face challenges or barriers to accessing or enjoying the River (“ETR Priority Communities”). The ETR grant program will focus on the River and its tributaries excluding the coastal areas. Organizations interested in grants should apply to the Conservancy’s Explore the River program.
ETR Priority Communities may include but are not limited to lower-income individuals and households, people with disabilities, people of color, immigrant communities, foster youth, and others.
Projects should also meet one or more of the following priorities:
- Provides an enjoyable experience at the River.
- Reduces economic, physical, operational, or societal barriers to accessing or enjoying the River.
- Inspires ongoing River stewardship ethic through active learning and interactive activities.
Approximately $100,000 will be awarded in this grant round. There is no minimum grant amount, and the anticipated maximum grant amount is $35,000. Applicants should apply for projects that could start in early 2021 and will be completed by February 2024. The Conservancy will base the size of the award on each project’s needs, its overall benefits, and on the extent of competing demands for funds.
Applications must be submitted via email to email@example.com by Friday, May 29, 2020.
For more information, or for any questions, please contact:
State Coastal Conservancy
- Updated Information for Working with the ConservancyDear Friends of the Coastal Conservancy, The last few weeks have presented all of us with unprecedented challenges both at home and at work. I hope that you, your family and friends, and your co-workers are all safe and well during this stressful and frightening time. In compliance with directives from the Governor and the […] (Read more on Updated Information for...)
- Job Posting: Project Support Analyst, SF Bay Program“Love the California coast, the San Francisco Bay and the environment? This might be the job for you!” The position is located in Oakland, CA. Applications received without ALL the required items, will NOT receive further consideration for this position. A copy of your transcripts or diploma is required, if you are on the Staff Services Eligibility […] (Read more on Job Posting: Project...)
- Deadlines Extended for Grant ApplicationsDue to the COVID-19 precautions in place throughout California, we have extended the application deadline for our North Coast Proposition 1 grants to April 27, and for Explore the Coast grants to April 20. For more information, please see the links below: Explore the Coast Grant Applications are due March 30, 2020 April 20, 2020 […] (Read more on Deadlines Extended for...)